Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It's still early in the season. I'm OK with Pierce sacrificing a game (not that this one is over yet) to see what his young pitchers can do against a good team. Watching them play against A&M Kingsville doesn't tell him much. Win or lose, this game has zero consequences. 

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Why would you throw them into the 6ft end of the pool when you can throw them into the kiddy end 2 weeks from now. Learn to walk before you run

This game isn’t the end of the world but see if these kids can command the ball and mow down Incarnate Ward first then once they do that then throw them out there against quality competition 

What Motown said. What’re you gonna learn about these dudes playing against incarnate word? Cool!!! They can tee off on the worst pitching in college baseball! Nah see what they got now. Pierce has done this every year btw except the other years he had to tinker damn near every game till conference play. Now we get a house money game to see what some fresh faces got 

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

To see what they’re made of. It’s not that hard to understand. 

Well we found out Ace has a low 90s bp fastball with no breaking ball against UCLA. Something we could have easily found out with less consequence against Incarnate Word

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Well we found out Ace has a low 90s bp fastball with no breaking ball against UCLA. Something we could have easily found out with less consequence against Incarnate Word

What consequence? We could win or lose this game by double digits, and it will have zero consequences.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’ve stopped getting too excited about beating Texas.  It’s becoming old hat.

B2832FA8-1BC2-433E-8534-CE0F4AF28B83.jpeg

D3D3ACEB-062A-4909-9A48-C66CC3948FCE.gif

Fucking annoying we get y’all in years where we suck. If we got y’all from 2000-2009 we would’ve murdered you. Dammit 

1 minute ago, troph said:

I don’t kind a loss, but the guys seem out of it that’s the part I don’t like. Battle and lose ok, but as soon as you think your farts smell good it’s bad news. 

Winning all the time isn't good for the kids, you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t kind a loss, but the guys seem out of it that’s the part I don’t like. Battle and lose ok, but as soon as you think your farts smell good it’s bad news. 

I mean I want to win and there’s plenty of game left, but if this that success hangover game that shows we’re mortal and gets our guys to focus up even more, then fine with me 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Fucking annoying we get y’all in years where we suck. If we got y’all from 2000-2009 we would’ve murdered you. Dammit 

From 1984 to now, there’s been a lot of suckage. Maybe slightly more annoying than the timing of playing UCLA has been the overwhelming amount of suckage. Thankfully the baseball program hasn’t had the same lengthy dips. Gustafson to Garrido to Pierce is the kind of coaching transitions I could get behind in every sport.