2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

42 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Shapen and Duggan both had some of their worst performances against us, so basically half the schedule, but other than that, ousux nailed it. 

I’m going to chose to believe that we’ve been a little light on talent on the defensive side of the ball for the last few years, and that problem is being addressed via recruiting and the portal.  The cupboard was empty on defense and OL when Sark took over.   If QE can figure out how to be the Bama version of himself next year, we might be pretty good.  That is what will get me through the next 8 months.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. So you're one of the guys that thinks Christian Jones is returning for an extra year, after a tremendous year starting at Tackle, to improve his draft stock by moving inside to Guard (where the NFL Payday is substantially less) to make way for 2nd year player Cameron Williams, who is still green AF. Duly noted. 

This post aged poorly.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnPcIJUOkxF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Listening to tonight's IT livestream and Bobby & Gerry are reading text messages from their sources and they mention that UT will have good news tomorrow and they will have to do a video together tomorrow because of that news. 
Y'all think think the good news is a portal commitment OR a WR coach hire?

God damn, get a hobby, take up woodworking or something.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

On 1/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Brunch is a combination of breakfast and lunch, where it sits between both standard meal times.

Lunch and Dinner would be some other combination, call it Linner or Dunch, whatever. But what you've done there is somehow combine Brunch and Dinner, while skipping over Lunch entirely despite the fact you'd be well past the Brunch designation, and well onto just "lunch." What in the ever loving fuck are you thinking here?

On 1/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, Vertigo said:

When you sit down at 10AM and finally get up to leave at 9PM, what the fuck would you propose we call it?

On 1/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, Js1 said:

What the fuck? Brinner is breakfast for dinner. The best meal ever created 

I thought that you all were implying:

Dinner that goes into Breakfast 

NTTIAWWT

The words are switched, because really “Brinner” is a more subtle way of saying what Dinner->Breakfast really is . . .

“Dickfest”

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I mean, is that some amazing sacrifice to stick with your team for two more games when it’s in the CFP and you can showcase your talents against other high level teams?

Risk of injury.  I don't think too many schools are keen to take a player on scholarship who just blew out a knee at another school.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Risk of injury.  I don't think too many schools are keen to take a player on scholarship who just blew out a knee at another school.

That logic would apply to every player on both teams who plan to go pro next season but don’t have to. Is anyone crying over Jalen Carter or Quentin Johnston putting their first round grades on the line by playing?

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Doubtful.  This is what, his 3rd year?  I'd guess with transfers he probably lost some credits in the shuffle.

What a dumbass   While those aren’t the best schools in the world, their degrees have so much more value than IW.  Especially when you factor in football player networking  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

TIL, my point still remains on Tyron Smith though.

I mean what has he ever done?

2× First-team All-Pro (2014, 2016) 2× Second-team All-Pro (2013, 2015) 8× Pro Bowl (2013–2019, 2021) NFL 2010s All-Decade Team PFWA All-Rookie Team (2011)

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Roger Craig as well.

Also All-Decade changes will affect as well as pointed out by this article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/06/change-to-all-decade-team-eliminates-rubber-stamp-into-hall-of-fame/

Imagine caring this much about a cokehead Arkansas fan's ego masturbation machine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah you're right, a fan vote accomplishment is so meaningful. 

All Pro is the metric to which players should be judged.

yes, literally everyone knows this. one would think after the day you had yesterday you would avoid talking about the OL for at least 24 hours.

wrong ric flair GIF

in conclusion:

Ds81Md1VAAAijZp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

yes, literally everyone knows this. one would think after the day you had yesterday you would avoid talking about the OL for at least 24 hours.

wrong ric flair GIF

in conclusion:

Ds81Md1VAAAijZp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Nope and you can go fuck yourself.

Joe Thomas and Jason Peters are the premier tackles of that decade.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

yes, literally everyone knows this.

20 years ago I'd probably agree with you - but now so many players choose to opt out that you end up with Mitch Trubisky as a pro-bowl QB.  It sort of loses its meaning at that point, doesn't it?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah you're right, a fan vote accomplishment is so meaningful. 

All Pro is the metric to which players should be judged.

I love how the guy's original post listed like 5 accolades, the first one being All Pros, also an All Decade team, but you've pounced on his inclusion of Pro Bowls like none of his other accolades cited existed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3