2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Am I the only one not a fan of releasing host sites while games are still being played?

Why not just wait to release all of them tomorrow?

I don’t mind the host sites being released the night before (although I don’t really understand why they started doing that). But I do agree that releasing them in the middle of a championship game that involves two potential hosts is a dumb idea.

24 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Am I the only one not a fan of releasing host sites while games are still being played?

Why not just wait to release all of them tomorrow?

I have no idea why they do that. Maybe for logistical reasons to give the sites some more time to prepare and so forth? There is no baseball reason to do it that way.

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wake Forest (6), Vandy (7), and Notre Dame (14) are the top 16 RPI teams that don't host.  Aggy (21) is the lowest RPI to host.

I say they send Wake to CS and make them finally play Wake Forest.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

Why not send Tech to College Station? I think Tech would crush them.

Who’s aggys current head coach? Where did he coach before? Think about it….now do you get why the committee would wanna send tcu to college station? 

46 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Who’s aggys current head coach? Where did he coach before? Think about it….now do you get why the committee would wanna send tcu to college station? 

Oh my god!! I had not thought about that at all. That would be CRAZY!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Besides it is not like the conferences don't know when the host sites are announced. If they cared about possible hosting issues they should schedule their championship games to end before then.

And a little bit of rain pushes these games to Monday.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Isn’t that like sending your ex-wife  to your new wife’s wedding to take the pictures?

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

Only 5 of the preseason top 16 are hosting. With 2 more likely than not to miss the tournament.

I know Sims went down for Mississippi State, but not making the tournament with what they had returning in the lineup is borderline criminal. They had 5 or 6 position players back from that championship team and a top 5 recruiting class.

Ole Miss underperforms every damn year. Like clockwork. 

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

It's almost like the SEC is possibly overrated or something. 

It is. There's only 1 good team this year in Tennessee. 

aggy was an average team until they got to SEC play. The same exact shit just happened in softball where the SEC got 12 teams into the tournament and only 1 team advanced to the College World Series. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It is. There's only 1 good team this year in Tennessee. 

aggy was an average team until they got to SEC play. The same exact shit just happened in softball where the SEC got 12 teams into the tournament and only 1 team advanced to the College World Series. 

SEC also went 5-6 in the NCAA MBB tournament - 6 teams in, only 1 made it past the second round.  Went 10-7 with 8 teams in the WBB tournament and only 2 made it past the second round. (yeah, South Carolina won, but they’d have won regardless of conference) 

Outside of football, with their history of cheating, they’re so overrated in most sports.  ESPN extended that stupid football shit to the whole conference

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1