Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

8 hours ago, tchookem said:

All this talk about why the AR15... it's all bullshit. I guarantee if it didn't look like a military weapon it wouldn't sell nearly as well. They buy it because it looks badass and they feel badass when they use it.

They've built an identity around this weapon.

I agree. It’s the same thing I pissed off the people on the gun thread about- it’s got decent ergonomics but it’s not really the best gun for anything except hanging accessories on and making it look “badass.”

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think the vast majority of the appeal is the mascerated unidentifiable human tissue left after people get shot, but maybe that's just me.

I’m sorry but I think he’s right. Sure,  2.23/5.56 target ammo (which I would bet money was used here) can cause a lot of mayhem, but there are lots of .223’s out there with high capacity magazines available- like the gun from the A-Team: the Ruger Mini-14, or as you may know it the “Ranch Rifle.” The Mini-14 is a much better gun in a lot of ways. Importantly it jams and misfires less than AR15s with cheap ammo, which I STRONGLY suspect is why the shooter here stopped. 
But again, there are lots of options. What makes the AR15 different is how it looks, and the way you can make it look.  And  for that reason, the way it lends itself to violent fantasy play. 
when a prospective mass shooter closes his eyes the gun he sees himself shooting with is an AR15. A Ranch Rifle doesn’t work in the picture. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

No, there’s plenty if people that buy an AR the same reason they live in the burbs and buy an HD pickup, bro culture is serious bidness. The vast majority of gun owners don’t remotely understand what their weapons actually do to human tissue, which is part of the problem. Anyone that buys an AR15 for home defense isn’t a serious person.

Kyle Rittenhouse thinks they’re “cool.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Counterpoint to the gun discussion: while I agree that we’re sick in the head with our obsession with ARs….the fucking right wingers already have them. And are itching to use them. Whether it be a solo mass shooting, or as a fake militia/brownshirts acting on orders from Cheeto Benito someday, they want to use them. On you.

So….I have pretty much turned the corner in this one, ESPECIALLY for anyone left of center: you should arm the fuck out of yourself. Get an AR, learn to use it, and be ready. See, the gravy seals think they’re the only ones who can shoulder a weapon and pull a trigger. I look forward to surprising them.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

No, there’s plenty if people that buy an AR the same reason they live in the burbs and buy an HD pickup, bro culture is serious bidness. The vast majority of gun owners don’t remotely understand what their weapons actually do to human tissue, which is part of the problem. Anyone that buys an AR15 for home defense isn’t a serious person.

I mentioned somewhere maybe the solution is to keep AR-15s, but each one has to be hot pink and make a "ahoooooooga" sound with each shot. That would fix the issue real quick.

Make the "cool" guns nerdy as hell.

Also, I hope each person on this thread calls their rep today and tell them there's another shooting and they need to address the issue. The list of places where you can no longer go without worrying about a mass shooting includes:

a 1st grade classroom
a concert
a 4th grade classroom
church
the supermarket
a 4th of July parade
a high school classroom

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint to the gun discussion: while I agree that we’re sick in the head with our obsession with ARs….the fucking right wingers already have them. And are itching to use them. Whether it be a solo mass shooting, or as a fake militia/brownshirts acting on orders from Cheeto Benito someday, they want to use them. On you.

So….I have pretty much turned the corner in this one, ESPECIALLY for anyone left of center: you should arm the fuck out of yourself. Get an AR, learn to use it, and be ready. See, the gravy seals think they’re the only ones who can shoulder a weapon and pull a trigger. I look forward to surprising them.

I know you didn't state this directly but I disagree with the idea that we should not touch the legality of certain rifles based on the idea that there are too many of them out there already.

If we made some rifles illegal or certain rifle features illegal, then the vast majority of the owners would hand them in. Obviously some will not hand them in, and they will become more and more expensive on the black market. That cost and/or potential imprisonment/confiscation will keep others from giving or selling the rifle to questionable people.

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c8fa18fb6f62645c9808f8ca59a1d9de.jpeg

Very random/off-topic, but the bottom half of the face of that guy looks like a certain recent coach from the University of Oklahoma. And I'm not talking about Lincoln Riley.

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Or learn how to make an IED. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know you didn't state this directly but I disagree with the idea that we should not touch the legality of certain rifles based on the idea that there are too many of them out there already.

If we made some rifles illegal or certain rifle features illegal, then the vast majority of the owners would hand them in. Obviously some will not hand them in, and they will become more and more expensive on the black market. That cost and/or potential imprisonment/confiscation will keep others from giving or selling the rifle to questionable people.

Yeah, the concern that there are so many out there already is not an issue at all to me. Make them illegal to manufacture/sell, have a government buyback.

Then either grandfather the current owners in, or make it illegal to possess. Either way is fine with me.

These guys seem to buy the things soon before they do their shooting. I'd wager that within 3-6 months the number of mass shootings with AR-15s would be cut in half. Within 3-5 years, they'd be practically zero.

Another necessary change to law are the protections that gun sellers have from lawsuits due to the criminal acts from the gun owners.

I don't believe that a gun seller should automatically be held liable for any action by the gun owner. However we have laws that account for reasonableness in assessing danger, like when a bar overserves a patron. If a reasonable person (jury) believe that a gun seller should have declined a sale to someone, the gun seller should be held liable.

Would this type of law suck for gun sellers? Yes but there isn't a constitution protection to sell weapons to anyone that you want. That isn't up for debate. Make the gun seller pause for a second to assess the buyer and not just see the $ signs.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Whitewater Horn said:

The vast majority of people who own ARs in this country have never shot anyone and will never shoot a human being with. The appeal is most definitely the appearance and ease of operation. 

I haven't been talking about the appeal to the Broseph crowd, I'm trying to focus on its status as the weapon of choice among the very small collection of nutjobs intent on inflicting as much death in as short amount of time as possible.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't been talking about the appeal to the Broseph crowd, I'm trying to focus on its status as the weapon of choice among the very small collection of nutjobs intent on inflicting as much death in as short amount of time as possible.

But here's the thing - if my suspicion is correct about what happened (cheap ammo+lack of cleaning=misfire/jam or a feeding problem at the top of a new Pmag), more people would be dead with a ranch rifle in the same caliber. And I'm no fan of the AR15. I'm not trying to defend it. I'm saying that's worse - a gun that enCourages people to dress up and imagine themselves as mass shooters is worse than a more capable weapon that does not. 
If you were too run down a list of the big mass shootings of the last few years, it's virtually all entry-level AR15 variants - Uvalde is unusual because he had a pretty high end AR15 and Las Vegas because he had so many guns and equipment. But there's only one really notable exception I can think of where an AR15 was not used - the Pulse Nightclub shooting. That shooter used a Sig Sauer MCX, which is both pretty high end and not an AR15. But guess it looks like?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

Well, the military is in the business of killing people, and they chose the M16 as their standard service rifle.  It was derived from the AR-15, with slight differences and performance improvements.  It has been in service since the Viet Nam war.  It must do something right.  If a "Ranch Rifle" were the better choice, when all metrics are considered, why did it not replace the M16 in our military, or those of countless other countries?

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I know most left of center people are not ready to accept that yet, but I certainly agree with the sentiment. There are many people in this county with a misguided notion of patriotism who are itching to spill blood for the cause. The AR platform is, for the most part, their weapon of choice.  High capacity mags, easy & accurate, plentiful ammo, inflicts horrific damage, and it’s appearance strikes fear in the hearts of most liberals. 

Like you, I think the majority of these people living in the fantasy world of stolen elections, white replacement, and whatever other manufactured grievances driving them to the extreme right end of the spectrum, see anyone to the left of them as soft targets. They cannot wrap their heads around the idea that many of us are veterans, true patriots who support the ideals of a democracy above support for a political party or politician, and that many of us also grew up with firearms and that we will absolutely defend ourselves, or families, our communities, and our country.

It’s a strange and surreal feeling to even write this. I desperately hope I never have to draw a firearm on another human being for any reason - the thought sickens me. At the same time, I’m quietly keeping up my firearms skills, my physical fitness, BJJ, my mental acuity, and situational awareness, because I know there are other Americans who would label me as an enemy & traitor if they discovered my politics and philosophy. I hope anyone to the left of this madness has their own version of preparedness. I am not a gun or 2A fanatic. I get looks from these idiots all the time because my high school aged children are black. They are activism minded and will sometimes rock apparel with BLM or similar social messaging. I’ve tried to walk a tightrope of encouraging my kids to be themselves and proud of what they support, but to also be aware that some will use those displays of pride as a target. Hopefully we will find our way out of this insanity peacefully, but it’s also wise to be informed and prudent to be adequately prepared, whatever that means to each person individually. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the military is in the business of killing people, and they chose the M16 as their standard service rifle.  It was derived from the AR-15, with slight differences and performance improvements.  It has been in service since the Viet Nam war.  It must do something right.  If a "Ranch Rifle" were the better choice, when all metrics are considered, why did it not replace the M16 in our military, or those of countless other countries?

I believe the M4 is what you’re looking for. Lol at slight differences. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I believe the M4 is what you’re looking for. Lol at slight differences. 

A shortened M16, put in service nearly 30 years after the M16 entered Viet Nam, is what I'm looking for?

I don't think so.  Try to keep up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Texags weighs in:

titan

S

What seems safe to say is he is a victim of the Left's anti-male agenda and tone. The narrowing of niches and directions such as he could seek to go. As some have pointed out, he had talent that in the commercial graphics or creative world might have been able to harness. But the whirlpools and eddies set up by making schools into agenda centers and cesspools of cliques and activism have made the adolescent and college years to difficult to navigate for many young men.
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texags weighs in:

titan

S

What seems safe to say is he is a victim of the Left's anti-male agenda and tone. The narrowing of niches and directions such as he could seek to go. As some have pointed out, he had talent that in the commercial graphics or creative world might have been able to harness. But the whirlpools and eddies set up by making schools into agenda centers and cesspools of cliques and activism have made the adolescent and college years to difficult to navigate for many young men.

Yikes.  Despite the garbled syntax, that's a whole lot of assuming.  I assume there's a standard playbook?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

A shortened M16, put in service nearly 30 years after the M16 entered Viet Nam, is what I'm looking for?

I don't think so.  Try to keep up.

I’m not the one that thinks an AR15 has “slight differences” than an M4. But yes, please continue to amaze me with your newfound wiki knowledge.  By the way, I noticed you keep referring to the AR 15 and it’s “high velocity” and damaging bullets. Can you be more specific to the chambering you are referring?  When you get down to the end of your Google search you’ll see there are a dozen or so to chose from. I think my 300AAC AR might not be doing what it’s supposed to. 

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I mean I guess I get the fear.  We need gun control but you’re letting them win.  How often do you decide not to get in a car?  That’s a fuckload more dangerous.  

define fuckload?  10x more deaths yearly? 50x? i don’t have these numbers handy but it seems like an exaggeration. 

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

define fuckload?  10x more deaths yearly? 50x? i don’t have these numbers handy but it seems like an exaggeration. 

43000 last year.  And that is low because of less traffic overall with covid. I would say 50x ish qualifies as fuckload.  

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

43000 last year.  And that is low because of less traffic overall with covid. I would say 50x ish qualifies as fuckload.  

so there were only 1000 non-suicide gun deaths last year?  or are you just talking about mass shootings?

19 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texags weighs in:

titan

S

That's a hell of a pretzeled way of arriving at "snowflake."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texags weighs in:

titan

S

conjunction junction, what's your function?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's more an artifact of timing than anything else, Ruger designed and launched it over a decade after the US military adopted the AR15 and it doesn't fully meet the initial spec that led to the development of the M16. But, the Mini-14 is in pretty extensive service in national police forces and corrections around the world, not to mention fugitive commando units surviving as soldiers of fortune that you can hire if you have a problem no one else can help with, if you can find them. 

And - the Mini-14 was used by the bank robbers in the 1986 Miami shootout that rattled cops so completely it led to the FBI phasing out their service revolvers in favor of .40 cal handguns and began the general trend of arming police in tactical gear/service weapons. It's an extremely capable weapon. 

I don't understand why you are arguing this point. The AR15 is a huge problem, nobody with any sense denies that. But the reason it's a huge problem has far less to do with the capability of the weapon, which is not unique or superior to many others, but the place of the AR15 in the market and popular imagination. That mass shooters use them is no surprise, this is American being loyal to the nightmare of our choice. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

@Bozo_Casanova, this might blow your mind:  I support a general ban on any weapon optimized for killing a lot of people in a short period of time.

I would be fine with certain users having access -- ranchers certainly come to mind -- with appropriate background checks.  Beyond that, nope.  These types of weapons have no utility for the general public. 

I don't really care that it's fun to go pewpewpewpew at the gun range.  Maybe licensed ranges could own them and rent them to target shooters, but beyond that, I don't see the point.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's more an artifact of timing than anything else, Ruger designed and launched it over a decade after the US military adopted the AR15 and it doesn't fully meet the initial spec that led to the development of the M16. But, the Mini-14 is in pretty extensive service in national police forces and corrections around the world, not to mention fugitive commando units surviving as soldiers of fortune that you can hire if you have a problem no one else can help with, if you can find them. 

And - the Mini-14 was used by the bank robbers in the 1986 Miami shootout that rattled cops so completely it led to the FBI phasing out their service revolvers in favor of .40 cal handguns and began the general trend of arming police in tactical gear/service weapons. It's an extremely capable weapon. 

I don't understand why you are arguing this point. The AR15 is a huge problem, nobody with any sense denies that. But the reason it's a huge problem has far less to do with the capability of the weapon, which is not unique or superior to many others, but the place of the AR15 in the market and popular imagination. That mass shooters use them is no surprise, this is American being loyal to the nightmare of our choice. 

Because Wiki didn't cover that.  

Edited by fattyflattie

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because Wiki didn't cover that.  

You being a liar, I wouldn't expect you to assume anyone else ever does anything but lie, but I've been reading about the development of the AR-15 and other similar high rate, high capacity weapons for over a decade.  Now, address your most recent lie, quoted above.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

You being a liar, I wouldn't expect you to assume anyone else ever does anything but lie, but I've been reading about the development of the AR-15 and other similar high rate, high capacity weapons for over a decade.  Now, address your most recent lie, quoted above.

Please address my question about my 300 aac AR.  What kind of velocity impacts do the subsonic rounds it shoots have?  How is that different that it coming out of the same chambered Ruger bolt action I own? What about when I'm shooting supersonics? Now, do the same for the .223 Wylde and extremely similar .223 bench rifle I own. Would you like to know which of those has a velocity advantage? There's a 6.5 you can speak too as well, if you'd like.  And a host of others. Do they all become more deadly because they are fired out of an AR?  If we determine that the AR 15 chambered in .223 Wylde is the issue, can I keep the others that don't shoot magically destructive bullets?  Or do those become magic once they leave an AR barrel?

You spout shit about how the AR is a special killing machine because it inflicts so much damage completely unaware you don't have a fucking clue what chambering the kid used, what bullets were actually being fired (HP, FMJ, BT, SPT), etc.  Is it likely he's using some green tip 5.56? Yes.  Could he just as easily be using something else? Yes. To speak with conviction like you do is irritating and shows me everything I need to know on this discussion.    Just spouting dumb shit to sound like some kind of internet know it all.  

You've made it clear you found somewhere to place your blame, and you'll spend your time trying to make that blame fit.  Good luck in your quest to outlaw the vaguely specific guns you've placed your blame on.  

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

@Bozo_Casanova, this might blow your mind:  I support a general ban on any weapon optimized for killing a lot of people in a short period of time.

I would be fine with certain users having access -- ranchers certainly come to mind -- with appropriate background checks.  Beyond that, nope.  These types of weapons have no utility for the general public. 

I don't really care that it's fun to go pewpewpewpew at the gun range.  Maybe licensed ranges could own them and rent them to target shooters, but beyond that, I don't see the point.

I think that's a very defensible point of view. As for myself, I support red flag laws, extensive background checks, raising the age limit to 21 for the purchase of any semi-automatic rifle or pistol of any caliber, and a 7 day waiting period for any firearm purchase. Additionally, I support criminal penalties and civil liability for failure by gun owners to secure their weapons that results in the loss of life or property. 

That said - I also believe there is a low double-digit possibility of some level violent political conflict in the United States and a resulting breakdown in civil order. I'm not worried about it, but I'm also not ignoring it. 
About two weeks ago I went to the indoor range in Round Rock for some practice.  It's important to the story that I was wearing shorts, kind of a salmon polo, Birkenstocks and my toenails are painted glitter black like a bass boat right now (father's day pedicure with the girls). It's dumb to wear sandals at the range because you can get hot brass between your toes and I did, but that's not the point.
The range I go to is very interesting, because it is both diverse and exceedingly polite. All different races and a general environment of mind your own business, but theres always about a third wearing Gruntstyle/Nine Line/Black Rifle Coffee stuff. Whatever, they are in it for the culture. fine. Anyway, as I'm walking in this guy walking out, about 30, beard, wraparounds up on his hat, some kind of American-flag-but-scary tshirt, this guy looks me up and down and says "you can't be in here like that."
I smiled real big and said "Careful Chief, I'm packing heat." 
And he kinda smiled back but he wasn't really smiling. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitewater Horn said:

I know most left of center people are not ready to accept that yet, but I certainly agree with the sentiment. There are many people in this county with a misguided notion of patriotism who are itching to spill blood for the cause. The AR platform is, for the most part, their weapon of choice.  High capacity mags, easy & accurate, plentiful ammo, inflicts horrific damage, and it’s appearance strikes fear in the hearts of most liberals. 

Like you, I think the majority of these people living in the fantasy world of stolen elections, white replacement, and whatever other manufactured grievances driving them to the extreme right end of the spectrum, see anyone to the left of them as soft targets. They cannot wrap their heads around the idea that many of us are veterans, true patriots who support the ideals of a democracy above support for a political party or politician, and that many of us also grew up with firearms and that we will absolutely defend ourselves, or families, our communities, and our country.

The bolded.  Fucking yes, this.

My wife and I made a conscious decision to fly our flag on Independence Day.  Because this is OUR country, and that's OUR flags, and we believe in the ideals and promises of this country (even if they are shattered and broken repeatedly).  We are patriots, in every sense of the word.

And if some band of treasonous terrorists want to attack and intimidate actual Americans with murderous violence to destroy this nation and install their fascist vision for OUR country.....then they should be met with deadly fucking force.  Again, my grandfather shot nazis in the fucking face.  So I'm all-in on carrying on that family tradition.

These right-wingers are 99% cosplay pussies anyway.  They can open fire on an unarmed crowd at a fucking parade, or shopping at a supermarket or Walmart.  They'll melt into puddles of urine and wasted flesh when we start shooting back at them.  I'd much prefer it, though, if our government hunted them where they hide.  Nazi-hunting -- an American tradition.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’m not the one that thinks an AR15 has “slight differences” than an M4. But yes, please continue to amaze me with your newfound wiki knowledge.  By the way, I noticed you keep referring to the AR 15 and it’s “high velocity” and damaging bullets. Can you be more specific to the chambering you are referring?  When you get down to the end of your Google search you’ll see there are a dozen or so to chose from. I think my 300AAC AR might not be doing what it’s supposed to. 

I thought he was comparing the M16 and AR-15, not the M4. But maybe I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Please address my question about my 300 aac AR.  What kind of velocity impacts do the subsonic rounds it shoots have?  How is that different that it coming out of the same chambered Ruger bolt action I own? What about when I'm shooting supersonics? Now, do the same for the .223 Wylde and extremely similar .223 bench rifle I own. Would you like to know which of those has a velocity advantage? There's a 6.5 you can speak too as well, if you'd like.  And a host of others. Do they all become more deadly because they are fired out of an AR?  If we determine that the AR 15 chambered in .223 Wylde is the issue, can I keep the others that don't shoot magically destructive bullets?  Or do those become magic once they leave an AR barrel?

You spout shit about how the AR is a special killing machine because it inflicts so much damage completely unaware you don't have a fucking clue what chambering the kid used, what bullets were actually being fired (HP, FMJ, BT, SPT), etc.  Is it likely he's using some green tip 5.56? Yes.  Could he just as easily be using something else? Yes. To speak with conviction like you do is irritating and shows me everything I need to know on this discussion.    Just spouting dumb shit to sound like some kind of internet know it all.  

You've made it clear you found somewhere to place your blame, and you'll spend your time trying to make that blame fit.  Good luck in your quest to outlaw the vaguely specific guns you've placed your blame on.  

I think the point isn't so much what particular 223/5.56 ammo the shooter was using here (or any other shooter). I think it was further up in this thread, somebody posted a YouTube video of a guy who was testing 4-5 different 223/5.56 rounds from an AR-15 in the woods. His target was a watermelon. Every single round he fired likely resulted in a "kill" of a human being if hit in a vital area. Every single one of them were killers if head shots. Yes, some did far more damage than others.

In this particular instance, we don't even know what kind of rifle was used yet. We do, however, know it was semi-automatic -- and that's the allure of these weapons as opposed to bolt-action rifles. Grab some high-capacity magazines and you can inflict a lot of damage in a far shorter period of time compared to the bolt-action that you've got cycle the "bolt" and then chamber the next bullet. Then you've got to acquire a new target and pull the trigger.

These high-capacity, semi-automatic weapons need to be kept out of the hands of ANYBODY under the age of 25. Period. End of story. Will we ever be 100% successful in doing so? Absolutely fucking not. But we've still got to try.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Texags weighs in:

titan

S

Shitastic level hypocrisy from the message board that blasts liberal arts majors as useless. "The narrowing of niches and directions" was exactly the point I was making about why having a specific brand of masculinity/femininity is toxic because it pushes humans into a corner and some (typically male) will lash outward if they do not fit the role assigned to them, or if they have no mechanism to feel in control of their emotions.

Denigrating the arts (and it is a broad field) makes no sense. Neither does blaming "the Left." How is asking others to show empathy, anti-male? Releasing humans from the requirement of showing no compassion or softness towards others would be rather liberating. The inner voice of the insecure male always sees/imagines other males looking at him and mocking him. Super sad that people are afraid to love.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think the point isn't so much what particular 223/5.56 ammo the shooter was using here (or any other shooter). I think it was further up in this thread, somebody posted a YouTube video of a guy who was testing 4-5 different 223/5.56 rounds from an AR-15 in the woods. His target was a watermelon. Every single round he fired likely resulted in a "kill" of a human being if hit in a vital area. Every single one of them were killers if head shots. Yes, some did far more damage than others.

My point is that isn't anything special. There's hundreds of similar ballistic gel videos for dozens of calibers and hundreds of different types of bullets.  There are many that make a 5.56 looks like a fucking cake walk.  

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We do, however, know it was semi-automatic -- and that's the allure of these weapons as opposed to bolt-action rifles. Grab some high-capacity magazines and you can inflict a lot of damage in a far shorter period of time compared to the bolt-action that you've got cycle the "bolt" and then chamber the next bullet. Then you've got to acquire a new target and pull the trigger.

Yeah, I get it.  I've got a bunch of both. 

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

hese high-capacity, semi-automatic weapons need to be kept out of the hands of ANYBODY under the age of 25. Period. End of story. Will we ever be 100% successful in doing so? Absolutely fucking not. But we've still got to try.

Ok.  I don't have any issue with that.  Do semiauto pistols and shotguns fall into this?

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

the irony of posting that story here did not escape me

I like you. You have pedicure parties with your children. My oldest used to give my husband very fancy hairstyles with clips and everything. She has never forgotten their time spent playing together doing what she liked to do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1