Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have no idea if that particular cartridge is suitable for use in an AR-15, much less "better" or "worse" than other available ammo.  What I do know is that it is possible to legally purchase ammo for the AR-15 that will inflict immense damage on the human body, and because of the gun's capabilities, it can do so to many humans in a short amount of time.

Why are you such a disingenuous gun freak?

Come on, you are the expert.  It's only the second most popular AR 15 round, and was built specifically for the platform.  You missed that day in AR school?  

• Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Honestly? I think the only chance that something changes is if there are more of them or they continue to push the envelope of atrocities that catch headlines. 

So when 2-3 people carrying ARs end up with a triple-digit body count, then something will change. 

yea so honestly, i don't think the body count matters, to the nra crowd, the 2nd amendment junkies.

any evidence of them ever giving a fuck about any of this?

it's always deflection. 

and i do think a larger-scale terrorist type of attack is inevitable, and it also seems inevitable that very little would be done in the aftermath. 

there's no evidence to indicate a more positive scenario.

the R's are armed to the gills. make no mistake, they don't fucking care if another radical R kills hundreds.

it's whatever to them, thoughts & prayers, but don't take my guns.

i wish there were a proper proposal, anything, but nah i think we're quite fucked here.

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What matters most is capacity, firing rate and access by murderous psychos. For some reason they prefer the AR platform. Ban it as well as high capacity magazines and see what happens. If they switch platforms bam that one as well. 

No.  You can quit stepping on my snake anytime.  I believe the courts and legislature would obviously agree.   

In the meantime, you should exercise your second amendment right to it's fullest, while you still have it.  High powered, high capacity, and all.  Or whatever else floats your boat. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Come on, you are the expert.  It's only the second most popular AR 15 round, and was built specifically for the platform.  You missed that day in AR school?  

Answer this:  if you were wanting to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time (and believe me, I suspect you've thought about it), would an AR-15 firing ammo selected for maximum tissue damage be a bad choice, a good choice, or the best choice for the job?

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

My point is that isn't anything special. There's hundreds of similar ballistic gel videos for dozens of calibers and hundreds of different types of bullets.  There are many that make a 5.56 looks like a fucking cake walk.  

Yeah, I get it.  I've got a bunch of both. 

Ok.  I don't have any issue with that.  Do semiauto pistols and shotguns fall into this?

They're not weapons of choice in most of these attacks. You're also forced to stop and fumble around for additional shells after 4-5 shots when it comes to a shotgun.

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What matters most is capacity, firing rate and access by murderous psychos. For some reason they prefer the AR platform. Ban it as well as high capacity magazines and see what happens. If they switch platforms bam that one as well. 

This.

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

In the meantime, you should exercise your second amendment right to it's fullest, while you still have it.  

Are you saying we have reason for hope on this issue? Cause I gotta tell you, from my seats, it don't look too good.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, what you’re speaking to is a particularly deadly affliction modern American society suffers from: a complete lack of empathy. All problems, no matter how horrific, aren’t actually problems until they affect YOU. It’s fucking sick, but there we are.
Nothing will change until a legislature is shot up (and at this rate, it’s just a matter of time). And then, maybe. They’ll be treated as isolated apostates by the rest of the GQP even then.

nothing will change even if legislators are shot regularly .  Only when NRA conventions are regularly massacred, then we MIGHT have a change, maybe not. Then proceed to the next level of eliminating everyone with a gun! Then proceed to every pickup truck owner. 

36 minutes ago, royiv said:

WTF world are we living in when people are having a discussion about survival rates of certain rounds? People are being terrorized by gun violence and we're discussing which bullet has worse/better chance of survival? Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

just reposting this

• Hook 'Em 2

The shooting deaths of six people near Chicago during a July 4th parade on Monday was the most high-profile attack, but others in California, Wisconsin and Florida were also deadly.

Authorities in Wisconsin said that a shooting in Kenosha killed one person and injured several others on Monday night.

Police say they responded to a home in the state's fourth-largest city and found five people who'd been shot. One died at the scene and the others were hospitalized. Two were seriously hurt.

It wasn't immediately known what led to the gunfire and police said the shooter is still at large.

In New York City, authorities said that two people were killed in a shooting near a deli in Brooklyn. A third victim was reported to be in critical condition.

New York City police said the shooting was just one of almost a dozen across the city on Monday night that killed three people and wounded many others.

In Philadelphia, two police officers were wounded by gunfire during July 4th celebrations on Monday, officials said.

That's a lot of shooting.

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No.  You can quit stepping on my snake anytime.  I believe the courts and legislature would obviously agree.   

In the meantime, you should exercise your second amendment right to it's fullest, while you still have it.  High powered, high capacity, and all.  Or whatever else floats your boat. 

I guess we will see. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ha, and there we have it.  Stupid gun freak with zero concern for anyone else. 

He literally doesn’t gaf if his daughters die from a pregnancy why would he care if some stranger’s kids die in a mass shooting? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

The shooting deaths of six people near Chicago during a July 4th parade on Monday was the most high-profile attack, but others in California, Wisconsin and Florida were also deadly.
Authorities in Wisconsin said that a shooting in Kenosha killed one person and injured several others on Monday night.
Police say they responded to a home in the state's fourth-largest city and found five people who'd been shot. One died at the scene and the others were hospitalized. Two were seriously hurt.
It wasn't immediately known what led to the gunfire and police said the shooter is still at large.
In New York City, authorities said that two people were killed in a shooting near a deli in Brooklyn. A third victim was reported to be in critical condition.
New York City police said the shooting was just one of almost a dozen across the city on Monday night that killed three people and wounded many others.
In Philadelphia, two police officers were wounded by gunfire during July 4th celebrations on Monday, officials said.

That's a lot of shooting.

Well, if you’re gonna celebrate America, is there any MORE American way to celebrate other than shooting people? I think not.
  • Rage+1 2

29 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You need to tell me if an AR makes my 300 AAC more or less dangerous.  Or are you going to continue to avoid that because it doesn't jive with your bullshit.  

*  jibe, you ignorant cretin.  JIBE.  J-I-B-E.  Not "jive," dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Crimo was wearing a dress at the time of the shooting. According to police, the dress allowed him to better conceal his weapon. 

This is why we need the bathroom bill and to stop all of this transgender athletics. This all could have been avoided. 

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Then you agree.  It really doesn't have much at all to do with the platform.  Who could have ever guessed that?

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

jesus tittyfucking christ this is such insufferable difference making without distinction. The mini14 absolutely IS a comparable weapon, but for some reason it doesn't tickle the fancy of the tacticool chud like an AR does.

I have an AR in my safe, I built it six or seven years ago and it's a fantastically modular platform. I bought a $50 hunk of aluminum (the lower reciever) and then I can make that receiver into just about fucking anything - even a .50 cal (beowulf lulz) if I was feeling chudly enough. It's the platform that is ubiquitous, and makes meaningful ballistics tracing extremely difficult. 

It also makes it a slippery snake to try and have a meaningful conversation about - even moreso if the opposing party in the dialogue isn't acting in good faith. You don't think there's a single thing we have to say that's important or meaningful - so you've committed to finding every tiny nitpick to justify your own intellectual dishonesty and laziness.

Congrats on being the model republican!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Answer this:  if you were wanting to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time (and believe me, I suspect you've thought about it), would an AR-15 firing ammo selected for maximum tissue damage be a bad choice, a good choice, or the best choice for the job?

I'd like to start off with a hearty fuck you.  I think it would be the the same answer for any gun you'd want to use, down to a pellet gun.  You pick your bullet for what you are trying to accomplish.  Ballistic tip, soft point, or wad cutters.  It matters little with pretty much any centerfire rifle.  You are going to get fucked up with pawpaws 30-30, just the same. 

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They're not weapons of choice in most of these attacks. You're also forced to stop and fumble around for additional shells after 4-5 shots when it comes to a shotgun.

I understand that.  They are also in closets of literally hundreds of millions of Americans, even the "not gun people".  But if semi auto is the issue, or magazine capacity is the issue, where are you drawing the line?  I asked the question because I'm curious.  Is an A400 ok but any double stack 9mm not?  Curiosity on your thoughts is all.

18 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Are you saying we have reason for hope on this issue? Cause I gotta tell you, from my seats, it don't look too good.

I'd be OK with coming up with an agreement that lasts xx years.  Ban some shit, make some shit like suppressors more easily obtainable, and add some common sense laws (a bunch of them).  You are going to have to do a lot better than naming a specific rifle platform that hosts 15 calibers and pointing to it as the issue, though, with the option to just ban the next one when you figured out you got that wrong.  Banning a new host of guns every few years because you cant figure out that it's who's behind the trigger that is the problem is not going to work.  

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I guess we will see. 

More likely our grandchildren, but I reckon we eventually will.  

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ha, and there we have it.  Stupid gun freak with zero concern for anyone else. 

300 AAC.  Google and let me know. Until then, your railing against everything AR paints your picture.  Your continued avoidance on it has not gone unnoticed. 

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're not just now figuring this out, are you?

But I care about you. That's a rude thing to say. 

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He literally doesn’t gaf if his daughters die from a pregnancy why would he care if some stranger’s kids die in a mass shooting? 

LOL, wut?   Love it.  Just pure shitflinging.  I don't like your POV, you want to see your daughters dead!!1!  Never change.  

• Fuck You 2

So they IDd the murderer so quickly by a rapid FB/ATF whatever trace of his weapon. Seems to me a central database of said weapons would really help. The IL forced database worked wonders here.

Also SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT WHAT BULLET IS 'BETTER'. No one cares the bullet type used to mow down a group of people. Especially the Uvalde children who were physically unidentifiable due to a "non powerful" AR 15. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It also makes it a slippery snake to try and have a meaningful conversation about - even moreso if the opposing party in the dialogue isn't acting in good faith. You don't think there's a single thing we have to say that's important or meaningful - so you've committed to finding every tiny nitpick to justify your own intellectual dishonesty and laziness.

Finally, someone who gets it. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

LOL, wut?   Love it.  Just pure shitflinging.  I don't like your POV, you want to see your daughters dead!!1!  Never change

You’ve made it clear you care more about guns than your daughters’ reproductive health. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Part of the aociopathy that links these killers together. Feom 2019. They want to speed the collapse. 

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/11/11/20882005/accelerationism-white-supremacy-christchurch

Accelerationism: the obscure idea inspiring white supremacist killers around the world

How a techno-capitalist philosophy morphed into a justification for murder.

40 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Honestly? I think the only chance that something changes is if there are more of them or they continue to push the envelope of atrocities that catch headlines. 

So when 2-3 people carrying ARs end up with a triple-digit body count, then something will change. 

Or somebody livestreams killing a bunch of little kids and the video makes it onto the mainstream internet, kind of an Emmett Till open casket kind of moment.  There was a reason why one of the Uvalde parents wanted the world to see photos of her dead kid   She knew the impact it would have.

A few more Uvaldes may change things.  I noticed a slight shift in the tone/attitude of several relatives after Uvalde. They were uncomfortable in a way I hadn’t seen them before, even as the Republican politicians they support rushed out to defend guns on social media.  And for whatever reason, more Republican politicians seem to not care about reading the room before rushing out and defending guns, and it’s not helping.

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I'd like to start off with a hearty fuck you.  I think it would be the the same answer for any gun you'd want to use, down to a pellet gun.  You pick your bullet for what you are trying to accomplish.  Ballistic tip, soft point, or wad cutters.  It matters little with pretty much any centerfire rifle.  You are going to get fucked up with pawpaws 30-30, just the same. e.  

What is the effective firing rate, including reload, of paw-paw's 30-30 compared to an AR-15 with, oh let's say 30 round capacity?  Imagine we want to fire 150 round out of each weapon.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

What is the effective firing rate, including reload, of paw-paw's 30-30 compared to an AR-15 with, oh let's say 30 round capacity?  Imagine we want to fire 150 round out of each weapon.

You asked about bullets, and now firing rate?  Well, the AR would be more efficient in firing more rounds than my example of pawpaws hunting rifle.  

However, its not any more or less different than a mini-14/30, AR10, SCAR, Garand, .30 carbine, or any of the dozen bullpups on the market.  Many of those which have been in the publics hands for the last 80 years.   But I believe you know that. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Well, I can tell you it ain't much, but it's better than simply letting them get a free fucking pass or think that the only side that has strong feelings are the "shall not be infringed!!!!1!" crowd.

They do not care what you think.  They Do. Not. Care.  I won't waste my breath calling them because we could be unanimous that guns are bad, and they would not change a thing, because they know who is paying them to hold those positions.  The only thing we can realistically do is work towards getting candidates that can beat them and then vote the motherfuckers out.  That's it.  Talking to them will not change a thing.  

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You asked about bullets, and now firing rate?  Well, the AR would be more efficient in firing more rounds than my example of pawpaws hunting rifle.  

However, its not any more or less different than a mini-14/30, AR10, SCAR, Garand, .30 carbine, or any of the dozen bullpups on the market.  Many of those which have been in the publics hands for the last 80 years.   But I believe you know that. 

I haven't been talking about bullets.  I have been talking about high rate, high capacity semi-auto weapons like the AR-15, optimized for killing as many human beings as possible, in as short a time as possible, with said optimization likely involving choice of ammo. 

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

59 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Does it count as a death threat when a poster invites someone else to shoot him? Because that's what this sounds like to me. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I haven't been talking about bullets.  I have been talking about high rate, high capacity semi-auto weapons like the AR-15, optimized for killing as many human beings as possible, in as short a time as possible, with said optimization likely involving choice of ammo. 

Really?  Because I've only seen you mention one.  Over and over, the same one.  And then speak to its undeniable destruction and lethality, without backing up any of those stats.  Or even speaking in specifics about which chambering make it so lethal, and the more/less lethality of it's other chamberings. 

You've got your boogeyman, I get it.   

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Stop engaging with him. The two of you are turbofucking this thread at the moment. Go start another thread where the two of you can argue the merits of gun physics.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Does it count as a death threat when a poster invites someone else to shoot him? Because that's what this sounds like to me. 

Holy shit. I knew you were pretty fucking stupid, but this is too much.   

I think every American of age should take the opportunity to use their rights to the fullest.  We've seen recently how quickly they can be taken away.  

Question, did Briskets post this morning sound the same to you or nah?  Just mine, I bet.  

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Stop engaging with him. The two of you are turbofucking this thread at the moment. Go start another thread where the two of you can argue the merits of gun physics.

No, I won't.  His bullshit is the very thing that is impeding reasonable dialog about mass shootings in this country.  Fuck that.

• Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

No, I won't.  His bullshit is the very thing that is impeding reasonable dialog about mass shootings in this country.  Fuck that.

Dude, you're not changing anyone's mind, especially fatty. He's been remarkably consistent with his shitty gun takes. You're just clogging up this thread with a bunch of arguing over gun physics. Start another thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

DT crowd is fine with these deaths as long as they can cuddle their AR’s. 

And not be exposed to criticism, ridicule, or push back.

Edited to say that I had thought separating politics was a mistake. Forcing debate was necessary, I believed. But, what do I know?

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Really?  Because I've only seen you mention one.  Over and over, the same one.  And then speak to its undeniable destruction and lethality, without backing up any of those stats. 

You missed this, 2 hours ago?

@Bozo_Casanova, this might blow your mind:  I support a general ban on any weapon optimized for killing a lot of people in a short period of time.

Or even speaking in specifics about which chambering make it so lethal, and the more/less lethality of it's other chamberings. 

You've got your boogeyman, I get it.   

You're the one seemingly obsessed with pushing the idea that because some ammo is less lethal than other ammo that these weapons are not a problem.