Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

31 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So the braintrust over at texags has latched on to the absent father theory. The same mouth breathing dipshits also are sucking hot wheels limp dick over outlawing abortions. You can’t make this shit up.

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I always love how a country who will take a fucking pill or substance rather than dealing with the root cause of anything all of a sudden gets filled with root cause warriors when it comes to this issue.

"You should cut down your caloric intake so you don't die of the Betus and coronary artery disease by the time you are 40."  "You got a pill for that doc?"

They are not wrong so much in the sense that what ever is at the root of causing these acts isn't a firearm themselves but take your fucking pill you gomers and shut the fuck up.  Root cause my ass.

Very on point, except the braintrust also talks about a lack of religion. It doesn't take too much imagination to detect which religion that implies. Amazingly, the idea that the judgemental pious puritanical male biddies who believe masculinity consists of a very defined box containing only approved specimens of manhood that wear certain clothes, look a specific way, act a specific way, play certain sports, listen to a certain type of music, and only bang chicks that are tens, think nothing of calling any woman that would sleep with these devout Christian males a skank or a ho because heaven forbid she might enjoy a one night stand as much as a male but somehow he/they is/are above criticism and would never marry someone who would do that and that never mind any one who might love someone of the same sex, or worship a different God or no God at all and any one male or female who doesn't fit inside of this very limiting box is wrong, emo, a scourge on society....pause for breath....this idea that is rammed down our young people's throats and perpetuated on them by adults and the offspring of those adults day in and day out. Geeze, maybe the root cause isn't a lack of religion it is that many people who cite a lack of religion and their own self-important view of it is threatening our society's mental health.

I don't say that lightly. I grew up in faith and am still faithful, but I do not believe in using religion like a weapon in order to sacrifice them on the altar of my own self-esteem and righteousness.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed  Illinois gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.” After being roasted on social media, Bailey released a statement that said, “I apologize if in any way we diminished the pain being felt across our state today.” He also wrote on Twitter: “I send our heartfelt prayers to the victims of the shooting in Highland Park. July 4th is supposed to be a holiday for families, for parades, for celebrating the American Dream, but when people don't feel safe in their own community, they are deprived of that dream.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/darren-bailey-illinois-guv-candidate-says-lets-move-on-after-highland-park-massacre?source=twitter&via=desktop

Who would buy a raffle ticket for a .22?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

If it was a typical 223/556 AR15, they are relatively low powered. That lack of kick and recoil is part of what makes them so popular.

Illinois appears to have red flag laws. It will be worth looking into the details of their law and if it should have been used or was attempted here.

The lack of kick or recoil is accomplished with a buffer spring, not a lack of power. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Sigh. Yes kinda and no not really, but getting sucked into an argument over this and by extension the difference between the AR-15 vs AR-30 and other 7.62 NATO heavy rifle equivalents isn’t something you think is productive, do you? I mean, it’s as pedantic as what gun nuts do in moments like these. 

How about we change the language to "extreme lethality" or something that actually tells the story?

Pointing out that an AR-15 isn't "high" power does nothing but muddy the waters.  Sorry, I won't apologize for understanding the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

How about we change the language to "extreme lethality" or something that actually tells the story?

Pointing out that an AR-15 isn't "high" power does nothing but muddy the waters.  Sorry, I won't apologize for understanding the difference.

How about "guns that blow people up"?

All of these deaths are tragic. Anyone with even a smidgen of sanity knows that. None of these deaths move the needle at all on real gun reform laws. If I were to take a guess  I think it’s going to take a mass casualty shooting where the number of deaths is in the triple digits for something to be done. We are sharing a country with millions upon millions of people who value guns over people. Outside of the government passing laws to confiscate these weapons of war nothing is going to change. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If you’re not willing to point it at your kid and pull the trigger, it’s high powered.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Celery Man said:

Lololol

Look I don’t want to say it’ll take a four digit number to do the right thing. I, like most here, do not believe anything will change things. We have guns everywhere. Unless the government outlaws these weapons to f war and forcibly takes them away with threat of going to prison for years and years nothing is going to happen. If children being gunned down in school doesn’t move the needle nothing likely will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed  Illinois gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.” After being roasted on social media, Bailey released a statement that said, “I apologize if in any way we diminished the pain being felt across our state today.” He also wrote on Twitter: “I send our heartfelt prayers to the victims of the shooting in Highland Park. July 4th is supposed to be a holiday for families, for parades, for celebrating the American Dream, but when people don't feel safe in their own community, they are deprived of that dream.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/darren-bailey-illinois-guv-candidate-says-lets-move-on-after-highland-park-massacre?source=twitter&via=desktop

Here's the clip (until he takes it down).  Skip to :45:

https://www.facebook.com/BaileyforIllinois/videos/1939613949761135/

Edited by Bullneck

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If you’re not willing to point it at your kid and pull the trigger, it’s high powered.

OK, but there are differences.  An AR-15 will obliterate your kid, other rifles won't.  Survival rates are different.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

OK, but there are differences.  An AR-15 will obliterate your kid, other rifles won't.  Survival rates are different.

This is true, and not.  There are plenty less lethal, and a tremendous amount more. It’s all physics. There’s nothing special about the .556 round except it’s the “go to” for a popular platform (that also hosts a dozen other chamberings).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

What's more American these days than mass shootings?

Well if we are being technical mass shootings happen oh only about once a week these days, empowered mass stupidity on the other hand....right now, on the street where you live.  Gotta pump up those numbers on the mass shootings to take the American title.  

We're just the guys to do it

Edited by Surly Bevo

If it fires a supersonic round it is not low powered
22 = low powered rifle to me
maybe a 38 or 357 pistol round in ranch rifle, otherwise it's kind of high powered rifle even if it's a 223,etc. Rounds that most manly men would consider pussy shit and barely enough to kill a deer, ( as long as it wasn't fired at them.) 300 Ultra or Gtfo

13 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Look I don’t want to say it’ll take a four digit number to do the right thing. I, like most here, do not believe anything will change things. We have guns everywhere. Unless the government outlaws these weapons to f war and forcibly takes them away with threat of going to prison for years and years nothing is going to happen. If children being gunned down in school doesn’t move the needle nothing likely will.

The Onion has already done this one ... in 2012.

4th of July or not ... man, fuuuuck 'Murica.

Edited by Gap03
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Getting there, but going to need more imagery for the folks who do not comprehend how horrific that is.

You could livestream the execution of 100 kids and the toy soldiers would talk about mental health. It’s a cult. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

22 = low powered rifle to me
maybe a 38 or 357 pistol round in ranch rifle, otherwise it's kind of high powered rifle even if it's a 223,etc. Rounds that most manly men would consider pussy shit and barely enough to kill a deer, ( as long as it wasn't fired at them.) 300 Ultra or Gtfo

Badass, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

Very on point, except the braintrust also talks about a lack of religion. It doesn't take too much imagination to detect which religion that implies. Amazingly, the idea that the judgemental pious puritanical male biddies who believe masculinity consists of a very defined box containing only approved specimens of manhood that wear certain clothes, look a specific way, act a specific way, play certain sports, listen to a certain type of music, and only bang chicks that are tens, think nothing of calling any woman that would sleep with these devout Christian males a skank or a ho because heaven forbid she might enjoy a one night stand as much as a male but somehow he/they is/are above criticism and would never marry someone who would do that and that never mind any one who might love someone of the same sex, or worship a different God or no God at all and any one male or female who doesn't fit inside of this very limiting box is wrong, emo, a scourge on society....pause for breath....this idea that is rammed down our young people's throats and perpetuated on them by adults and the offspring of those adults day in and day out. Geeze, maybe the root cause isn't a lack of religion it is that many people who cite a lack of religion and their own self-important view of it is threatening our society's mental health.
I don't say that lightly. I grew up in faith and am still faithful, but I do not believe in using religion like a weapon in order to sacrifice them on the altar of my own self-esteem and righteousness.
Matthew 6:5

Jesus was extremely direct and concise. Pray in private, don't make a spectacle of prayer, don't be public with your prayer for credit.

This rules out many fake Christians including my pillow guy who should just burn for his hypocrisy- he knows better

This rules out a lot of churches and preachers too. Sorry its right there in the new covenant though, prolly should read it, Joel Osteen, I'm looking at you too.

Of course this happens at liberal states where they have stick gun control. Something like this would never happen in Texas, this guy would have been stopped by a good guy with a gun. If he by any chance got close to a school or on school grounds, every available officer would be out there protecting the children. They would be rushing out there to save everyone, discarding their own safety, no door could prevent them from getting to him even if they had no weapons on them. This would happen in Texas 

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

This is true, and not.  There are plenty less lethal, and a tremendous amount more. It’s all physics. There’s nothing special about the .556 round except it’s the “go to” for a popular platform (that also hosts a dozen other chamberings).  

You are so full of shit.  You are discounting the reasons AR-15 are chosen for the job -- high fire rate, high velocity, tremendous tissue damage.

FUCK.  YOU.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You are so full of shit.  You are discounting the reasons AR-15 are chosen for the job -- high fire rate, high velocity, tremendous tissue damage.

FUCK.  YOU.

I totally agree with you about the reason that the AR is the gun of choice.  However, if you told me I had to take a shot from a rifle, I would prefer the .223 or 5.56 over any typical hunting cartridge. The .270, 30.06, .308 do a fuckload more damage. 

5 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

I totally agree with you about the reason that the AR is the gun of choice.  However, if you told me I had to take a shot from a rifle, I would prefer the .223 or 5.56 over any typical hunting cartridge. The .270, 30.06, .308 do a fuckload more damage. 

This isn't a choice people should have to make.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1