Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

If everyone in the crowd was armed, and had body armor they could have fired back and shot the suspect, there the best solution to the problem. Please deposit 100k consulting fee for this effort.

guys this is just a false flag attack to take away your guns, probably a topic on aggy site 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

how the hell is the gunman still on the loose? 

Maybe there are a lot of people walking around with their guns openly displayed, expressing their 2nd Amendment rights, so the shooter could just disappear into the crowd.

6 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

If they knew who it was they would tell the public. What would be the purpose of keeping it a secret?

Sometimes better to let him think they don't know.  They could have also told people who might have close contact. They may also not know jack.  Lotta possibilities.  

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Sometimes better to let him think they don't know.  They could have also told people who might have close contact. They may also not know jack.  Lotta possibilities.  

He's probably halfway to Costa Rica with bad botox and his brother's passport

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

He's probably halfway to Costa Rica with bad botox and his brother's passport

Well the good news is if he is taking American out of O'Hare there's a good chance his flight is either massively delayed or cancelled.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

If they knew who it was they would tell the public. What would be the purpose of keeping it a secret?

Well, there's probable cause level "know" where they've got everything they need for a search warrant and arrest, and there's reasonable suspicion level "know" where it's more likely than not but not quite enough to screem it from the rooftops yet.

It's all conjecture of course, It just struck me that they're only throwing out a two year age frame.

Edited by TexasHooch

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Lady on CNN just said the recovered weapon is a high-powered rifle.

Is there a low-powered rifle?  One that just kinda lobs the bullets at the target?

To be fair, those were the exact words that the police spokes person used multiple times. That said, I agree it sounds silly.

Edited by grazinhorn

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Member when there used to be threads started in DT when there was a mass shooting?  I member.  Guess it's easier for them to pretend it's not happening.

I definitely don't miss having to scroll past all the posts fetishizing about the gun specs, saying shit like "Luckily he was too dumb to modify with a Gx3 amulet, that would have taken out the whole parade in half the time. I only use mine for raccoons...for now LOL"

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Somebody earlier was mentioning the large Jewish population of the Highland Park community and yea that guy looks like he may be Jewish.  None of that really matters but this is likely to be another in a long line of young males disaffected by whatever using the ridiculous ease of procuring a weapon to designed to kill mass amounts of people doing exactly that to take it out on his community.