Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Somebody earlier was mentioning the large Jewish population of the Highland Park community and yea that guy looks like he may be Jewish.  None of that really matters but this is likely to be another in a long line of young males disaffected by whatever using the ridiculous ease of procuring a weapon to designed to kill mass amounts of people doing exactly that to take it out on his community.  

his family has been in Highland Park, IL for decades - according to his grandpa's obituary, who has the same name, hence the shooter is Robert Crimo III.  The name is Italian/Iberian  btw. 

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Somebody earlier was mentioning the large Jewish population of the Highland Park community and yea that guy looks like he may be Jewish.  None of that really matters....

I cannot speak to the population of HP, but if that young man is the shooter and his name is Robert Crimo III, then his grandfather who died a few years ago is buried in a nearby Catholic cemetery. Among the surviving relatives are RC Junior and RC III. Personally, I don't assume someone is Jewish based on looks unless perhaps they have earlocks.

Edit--MakeEmEatTacoBell with the timely post.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

his family has been in Highland Park, IL for decades - according to his grandpa's obituary, who has the same name, hence the shooter is Robert Crimo III.  The name is Italian/Iberian  btw. 

Maybe that's why they took so much time before naming him, since the family draws a lot of water like Jackie Treehorn

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Well, see, here in the DC metro areas of VA and MD, the SCOTUS is calling on the governors to ensure they are protected from people protesting in front of their homes.  They could do a lot by passing legislation but would rather strip gun safety laws.  These people are the worst.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/02/politics/supreme-court-justices-homes-maryland/index.html

• Rage+1 1

Johnny Sack: in your face!! I knew he wouldn’t be white! False flag!! I should back to texags.”
  • Rage+1 1

"Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed  Illinois gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.” After being roasted on social media, Bailey released a statement that said, “I apologize if in any way we diminished the pain being felt across our state today.” He also wrote on Twitter: “I send our heartfelt prayers to the victims of the shooting in Highland Park. July 4th is supposed to be a holiday for families, for parades, for celebrating the American Dream, but when people don't feel safe in their own community, they are deprived of that dream.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/darren-bailey-illinois-guv-candidate-says-lets-move-on-after-highland-park-massacre?source=twitter&via=desktop

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Following the mass shooting at a July 4 parade in Highland Park, Illinois, a Trump-backed  Illinois gubernatorial candidate bluntly urged the community to “move on.” Standing next to supporters at a different parade, after taking a moment in prayer, state Sen. Darren Bailey, said: “Let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation.” He added, “We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government.” After being roasted on social media, Bailey released a statement that said, “I apologize if in any way we diminished the pain being felt across our state today.” He also wrote on Twitter: “I send our heartfelt prayers to the victims of the shooting in Highland Park. July 4th is supposed to be a holiday for families, for parades, for celebrating the American Dream, but when people don't feel safe in their own community, they are deprived of that dream.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/darren-bailey-illinois-guv-candidate-says-lets-move-on-after-highland-park-massacre?source=twitter&via=desktop

Fuck Bailey.  Trying to be the furthest right and this is right on brand for him.  POS

Edited by ChiTownDoc

So, this is a kid who slipped through the system?  Nobody ever thought, hey, maybe he's kinda fucked up?  

Forget mental health, that's a specific thing.  How about we identify kids who scare the shit out of us?  What is that, a "red flag" law?  Ooooh, scary.

Fuck this country.

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The only remaining question is if he kills his parents before they find his body dead from a self-inflected gunshot. Every part of this is that typical angry white male tuned into an alt-right shooter. 

I agree with this take. He'll realize there's no way out and try for some kind of blaze of glory. Deep down he's an attention whore hence all the social media and terrible rap videos.

If it was a typical 223/556 AR15, they are relatively low powered. That lack of kick and recoil is part of what makes them so popular.

Illinois appears to have red flag laws. It will be worth looking into the details of their law and if it should have been used or was attempted here.

Edited by B00M

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

If it was an AR15, they are relatively low powered.

Good fucking lord.  Stop with this.  They are designed to inflict maximum damage via high velocity and tissue destruction.  Who gives a shit how heavy the round is and how much kinetic energy is imparted on launch?  

"Power"?  "Power" is "really effective at killing" in my book, not some bullshit equivocation about rate of dissipation of kinetic energy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

Where's Weirdo?  Yeah, those are the ones I didn't post. There are others.  It's hard to resist putting them out there because it's fresh and current, but this guy wants to be idolized.  Why help.

Edited by TexasHooch

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So the braintrust over at texags has latched on to the absent father theory. The same mouth breathing dipshits also are sucking hot wheels limp dick over outlawing abortions. You can’t make this shit up.

They're still malding over Sydir I bet

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So the braintrust over at texags has latched on to the absent father theory. The same mouth breathing dipshits also are sucking hot wheels limp dick over outlawing abortions. You can’t make this shit up.

Anything except the guns.  Literally anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, B00M said:

If it was a typical 223/556 AR15, they are relatively low powered. That lack of kick and recoil is part of what makes them so popular.

Illinois appears to have red flag laws. It will be worth looking into the details of their law and if it should have been used or was attempted here.

If it fires a supersonic round it is not low powered

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Good fucking lord.  Stop with this.  They are designed to inflict maximum damage via high velocity and tissue destruction.  Who gives a shit how heavy the round is and how much kinetic energy is imparted on launch?  

"Power"?  "Power" is "really effective at killing" in my book, not some bullshit equivocation about rate of dissipation of kinetic energy.

Sigh. Yes kinda and no not really, but getting sucked into an argument over this and by extension the difference between the AR-15 vs AR-30 and other 7.62 NATO heavy rifle equivalents isn’t something you think is productive, do you? I mean, it’s as pedantic as what gun nuts do in moments like these. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's certainly fair. It was being discussed on the prior page due to the early reporting calling the rifle "high powered" which suggests he was using .308 or similar... Your definition could describe an air powered pellet gun. 

Hopefully the advanced background checks would have prevented this guy from legally buying. Hopefully the red flag laws can continue to evolve and improve to help prevent this type of shooter. 

Edited by B00M

19 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I always love how a country who will take a fucking pill or substance rather than dealing with the root cause of anything all of a sudden gets filled with root cause warriors when it comes to this issue.

"You should cut down your caloric intake so you don't die of the Betus and coronary artery disease by the time you are 40."  "You got a pill for that doc?"

They are not wrong so much in the sense that what ever is at the root of causing these acts isn't a firearm themselves but take your fucking pill you gomers and shut the fuck up.  Root cause my ass.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Sigh. Yes kinda and no not really, but getting sucked into an argument over this and by extension the difference between the AR-15 vs AR-30 and other 7.62 NATO heavy rifle equivalents isn’t something you think is productive, do you? I mean, it’s as pedantic as what gun nuts do in moments like these. 

My apologies. I was not trying to argue or be pedantic.