Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

57 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Rather than quote all of the posts that followed the above, I'll stick with this original bit from Abbott's taped address.

You all get it, but I really think about this in the authoritarian creep/fashy way that sometimes gets overlooked. Just as someone earlier mentioned abortion (the Uber driver), I think instead about the lack of exceptions for women and young girls forced to give birth regardless of rape or incest--the 'well, he committed a crime' before the egg was even fertilized, therefore...' and throwing the hands up. This from a man who said he would work to eliminate rape in Texas.

In the same mold as abortion, to me he is essentially saying that these crimes are, in a way, preordained. They will happen and there is fuck all you can do about it other than: have the baby, bury your dead children, die of COVID, and so on. The criminal may or may not get punished, depending upon who he/she is because what Abbott doesn't make clear (yet) is that he, and others like him, believe that he is preordained to rule, to be above that law. The rules for thee, not for me that authoritarians love to beat you over the head with because if only you were just like them, and do as they say, the world would be a better place. The Constitution, the Bible, all used to keep the other in their place for not doing what they were told--the old 'see, I told you this would happen,' defense and 'well these things happen' (to you, obviously). Thoughts and prayers, and you're on your own indeed.

This type of behavior from GOP leaders is not going to go away, if anything they've stayed on message better than ever. It's going to get uglier. Keep fighting the good fight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Oh Cindy.  Yeah, I admit...I've never felt the surge of adrenaline that comes with that first real trigger pull or pumping bullets into terrified innocent kids.  I've never had the thrill of smelling dead children all around me.  Yeah, I must be missing out, you stupid fucking cunt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

High school student bodies across the country have been staging walkouts all week. It’s all over Twitter but for some reason the media isn’t covering it much.  

To which I say, don’t stop kids. As a bonus, you get to cut class!
Part of problem is that yesterday was the last day of school. Hard for kids to organize this kind of thing in 2 days. May see some sparks at graduations, or in graduation speeches, but it looks like some districts are nipping that in the bud.

https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2022/05/27/risd-moves-to-pre-record-graduation-speeches/
  • Rage+1 1

And for the GOP, this is an example of the the system working perfectly. Man shoots AR-15 into a crowd, is killed by a birthday party guest who fires back at him with her own personal weapon. Move the body and cut the cake I guess.
What a dystopian nightmare we are living in.   

I said the same thing in a school shooting thread in DT some years back, might have even been on Shaggy. The usual suspects were incredulous. I’m sure they still are.

11 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

just look at the pathetic smirk on his face there

Remember that time he stood there grinning, giving a thumbs up while posing with an orphaned child after the shooting in El Paso? He’s human scum.

66D1E6EC-53E1-41DC-9C05-F414DF537CB2.jpeg.5d1bc3f9f389350cbfbc73e78aa68fb5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

We should ask the UK how they solved the problem of absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media, and video games. 

They didn't? And they still don't have mass killings at schools?

Fancy that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Part of problem is that yesterday was the last day of school. Hard for kids to organize this kind of thing in 2 days. May see some sparks at graduations, or in graduation speeches, but it looks like some districts are nipping that in the bud.

https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2022/05/27/risd-moves-to-pre-record-graduation-speeches/

Cause we sure as shit can't have students speaking out against...getting murdered.  WTF.

Edited by Biff Tannen
s
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump says it's the schools' fault for getting shot up.  they're not identifying the shooters.  but schools can solve the problem by arming teachers.

Trump reads at a first grade level.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Great.  That's all it took.  That's the plan moving forward.

Why don't we arm all schoolchildren? If they have First Amendment rights they have Second Amendment rights as well. Nothing in the Second Amendment that says the right to keep and bear arms only matures at age 18.

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump says it's the schools' fault for getting shot up.  they're not identifying the shooters.  but schools can solve the problem by arming teachers.

The problem is that the 74 million people who voted R in 2020 and pay attention to these things LIKE this and all the rest that don't pay attention will never see this horrific bullshit so they will just pull the R lever again, like they've done their whole lives.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Well, it’s pretty hard to shoot your grandma and a school if you’re in detention.  Prove me wrong.

Owned, Libs! 

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The problem is that the 74 million people who voted R in 2020 and pay attention to these things LIKE this and all the rest that don't pay attention will never see this horrific bullshit so they will just pull the R lever again, like they've done their whole lives.  

Yep. They see and believe exactly what they want to see and exactly whatever fox is pushing that day. You can compile millions of clips of contradictions and hypocrisy by every single fucking one of them and they just won’t believe it or say it’s a liberal conspiracy or something fucking insane. 

And yeah. All the hardcore trumpfucks I know are certifiable. Like believe Alex Jones and get some kind of sick sexual pleasure or something watching “liberals”(anyone even an inch left of their radical shit) be rightfully pissed at fascism unfolding in front of our very eyes. Just great great times….

44 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Hey, asshole, we already have that in Texas. This is a FB post from my hometown school district, but I notice a couple of dissenting comments from earlier this afternoon have been scrubbed.

image.png.8ebe08646ef9d3d8946032142ac5f339.png

image.png.35098312b84ba1bd417f84e2654e5263.png

image.png.00d9aeb61448580c704e8299790d69f9.png

image.png.09403d6d17c40f92dcaef253aeaabfd2.png

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Congrats to Chuck and Nancy on channeling 75% of American’s anger into…. checks notes…..

A nice long weekend. 

Second impeachment taught us that nothing is more sacred to our elected officials than their precious vacation time.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Rather than quote all of the posts that followed the above, I'll stick with this original bit from Abbott's taped address.

You all get it, but I really think about this in the authoritarian creep/fashy way that sometimes gets overlooked. Just as someone earlier mentioned abortion (the Uber driver), I think instead about the lack of exceptions for women and young girls forced to give birth regardless of rape or incest--the 'well, he committed a crime' before the egg was even fertilized, therefore...' and throwing the hands up. This from a man who said he would work to eliminate rape in Texas.

In the same mold as abortion, to me he is essentially saying that these crimes are, in a way, preordained. They will happen and there is fuck all you can do about it other than: have the baby, bury your dead children, die of COVID, and so on. The criminal may or may not get punished, depending upon who he/she is because what Abbott doesn't make clear (yet) is that he, and others like him, believe that he is preordained to rule, to be above that law. The rules for thee, not for me that authoritarians love to beat you over the head with because if only you were just like them, and do as they say, the world would be a better place. The Constitution, the Bible, all used to keep the other in their place for not doing what they were told--the old 'see, I told you this would happen,' defense and 'well these things happen' (to you, obviously). Thoughts and prayers, and you're on your own indeed.

This type of behavior from GOP leaders is not going to go away, if anything they've stayed on message better than ever. It's going to get uglier. Keep fighting the good fight.

Here's the deal - they want us living in fear.

1. Gun lobby benefits because folks go out and buy more guns for "protection."
  2. GQP benefits because folks demand fashy law & order.
  3. ...
  4. Profit
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Congrats to Chuck and Nancy on channeling 75% of American’s anger into…. checks notes…..

A nice long weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Second impeachment taught us that nothing is more sacred to our elected officials than their precious vacation time.

After Texas shooting, progressive Democrats lash out at party leaders over support for Cuellar.

The deadly school shooting in Texas has heightened tensions among Democrats over the still-uncalled runoff between Representative Henry Cuellar and his progressive challenger, Jessica Cisneros, who are separated by a razor-thin margin in a district less than three hours away from the small community rocked by the latest massacre on American soil.

Progressive Democrats lashed out at party leaders who rallied behind Mr. Cuellar in the final weeks of the primary, arguing that their support is emblematic of the party’s hypocrisy on the issue of gun violence.

Mr. Cuellar, a moderate House Democrat who had the backing of the chamber’s top brass, has been a staunch opponent of gun control legislation during his nine terms in Congress and holds an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association. He breaks from the party on abortion access, too, making him the only House Democrat opposed to it.

After the Tuesday shooting, which occurred on the same day as the runoff, Mr. Cuellar wrote on Twitter that he was “heartbroken.”

“Let us pray for peace,” he wrote. “Let us come together for our neighbors that need support. And let us remember the bright lives we lost today.”

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez criticized the money and time Democratic leaders spent to help Mr. Cuellar, writing in a tweet that those efforts reflected poorly on the party after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers in a Texas classroom.

“On the day of a mass shooting and weeks after news of Roe, Democratic Party leadership rallied for a pro-NRA, anti-choice incumbent under investigation in a close primary,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Robocalls, fundraisers, all of it. Accountability isn’t partisan. This was an utter failure of leadership.”

Speaker Nancy Pelosi recorded her voice for pro-Cuellar robocalls that went out to Texas voters on Election Day, as did Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the third-ranking House Democrat, who also visited Texas to campaign alongside Mr. Cuellar in early May.

Mr. Cuellar’s record on abortion came under renewed scrutiny after a draft of a Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade was leaked this month, but Ms. Pelosi defended him. In an early May interview with Insider, she called Mr. Cuellar a “valued member” of the Democratic caucus.

Ms. Pelosi and other Democratic leaders have been steadfast in their commitment to protecting incumbents. Some also see Mr. Cuellar as a stronger candidate against a Republican in what could be a competitive general election fight this November.

“Which is more important — to have a pro-life Democrat or to have an anti-abortion Republican?” Mr. Clyburn asked while stumping for Mr. Cuellar in early May. “Because come November, that could very well be the choice in this district.”

Ms. Cisneros, a 28-year-old immigration lawyer who ran on a platform that supported gun restrictions, was endorsed by the progressive senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. They echoed their frustrations with the party’s leaders in an interview with Politico. Mr. Sanders condemned Democrats’ willingness to work “alongside a corporate PAC to defeat a young woman who is a strong progressive.”

Ms. Warren slammed Mr. Cuellar’s political record.

“We don’t need a member of Congress with a top rating by the N.R.A. to block any gun safety legislation, or someone who votes against Roe v. Wade,” she said, reiterating her support for Ms. Cisneros.

The 28th Congressional District, where the two are facing off, sits on the southern border of the congressional district containing Uvalde, where the shooting took place.

The two candidates are separated by under 200 votes and the race has not been called, but Mr. Cuellar has already declared victory.

• Rage+1 2

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread