Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

I think Abbott, Cornyn, etc. are just empty suit careerists.  I think Ted is something else.  Like he gets off on this shit somehow.

What about my rep, John Carter?

Motherfucker has been in Congress twenty years and helped get rid of the Assault Weapons ban of 1994, and he is running unopposed! in the upcoming election. He will be 82 or 83 when he is next up for re-election, he has kids and grandkids and he has been in office throughout all these horrific incidents of mass gun violence. He has nothing to lose right now by coming out as a sensible Republican with a sensible, bipartisan compromise on gun reform. He's as cowardly and shitty as those cops at Robb Elementary. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

What about my rep, John Carter?

Motherfucker has been in Congress twenty years and helped get rid of the Assault Weapons ban of 1994, and he is running unopposed! in the upcoming election. He will be 82 or 83 when he is next up for re-election, he has kids and grandkids and he has been in office throughout all these horrific incidents of mass gun violence. He has nothing to lose right now by coming out as a sensible Republican with a sensible, bipartisan compromise on gun reform. He's as cowardly and shitty as those cops at Robb Elementary. 

Write someone in.

These are your neighbors, your coworkers and your friends. They're the parents of your kid's teammate, your accountant, your pharmacist....
There's too many people that are too far gone for anything to change.

Not friends with any aggys, so no.
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Oh, it's much, much, much worse than that.

Go read that thread on Texags, and other similar threads.  And realize that those opinions and approaches are not outliers.  Rather, they are the governing ethos of our state and federal government.  Those are not wingnut positions, they are our actual policies, currently embedded in our laws.  American and Texas are Texags.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, it's much, much, much worse than that.

Go read that thread on Texags, and other similar threads.  And realize that those opinions and approaches are not outliers.  Rather, they are the governing ethos of our state and federal government.  Those are not wingnut positions, they are our actual policies, currently embedded in our laws.  American and Texas are Texags.

So you're saying the cops didn't lose, they just ran out of time?

My estimation is that as the GOP polls their focus groups, they will recognize that throwing some local police under the bus is preferable than any gun control law. Note: The cops deserve the abuse btw.

I expect that Cornyn's compromise bill will be to provide more funding to train law enforcement and more weapons. That will be it. Uvalde will end up being a win for the gun industry with federal funding being sent their way.

So I’m trying to picture what it looked like when the piece of shit cops walked into the school and got their own kids out safely. Did they just look at the other kids and say “you’re fucked kids, good luck!” And then shut the door and leave? 

I get wanting to go in and get your kids, LIKE THE OTHER PARENTS THAT WERE PEPPER SPRAYED AND TACKLED for trying to do the same. Fuck cops. 

• Rage+1 2

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

These are your neighbors, your coworkers and your friends. They're the parents of your kid's teammate, your accountant, your pharmacist....

There's too many people that are too far gone for anything to change.

No fucking way am I clicking a texags link.  I can only imagine and I'm sure it's much worse than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Has anyone explained why it was an off-duty BORTAC who managed to breach the perimeter and enter the building? I saw elsewhere the elementary school consisted of six different structures, so it's possible the other cops were allowed to get kids from the other five structures. But I am not buying the "waiting for the janitor" thing at all.

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No fucking way am I clicking a texags link.  I can only imagine and I'm sure it's much worse than that.

It was.  I hated the SEC move from the start, but the thought of having any interaction with those morons makes it even worse.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That's just a small subset of much, much larger group of people that share those beliefs. 

You interact with these people daily.

Oh, it's much more than that.  These people run this shit.  They run this state, and multiple others.  They run the Senate and the SCOTUS.  America is aggy.  Let that sink in.  It's as hellish as you would imagine.

Untitled-0010.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I sadly predict that this is going to end with more than a few suicides on the law enforcement side.  Hearing the timeline on the 911 calls would certainly keep me awake at night. I can only imagine the second guessing and remorse for those officers standing in the hall.  It's a tragedy for them and their families as well. And it's only going to get worse as the digging continues and the actual facts slowly trickle out.  

So many lives ruined because we allow mentally unstable or simply uncaring people, super easy access to the most power lightweight killing weapons in the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Same reason many of my dipshit (R) voting suburban neighbors have blue porch lights and reflexively thank anyone in a military or cop uni for their "service."

I know my local cops had fuck all to do with this week's events but in a form of protest I flipped off every cop car I passed today while running errands.  And god damn, there were a lot more of them out on the roads than usual.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Beto's big mistake at the Abbott press conference was not asking Cruz why he wasn't in Cancun. I think we would have gotten a laugh out of Cornyn the DPS leader.

Nah the moment was way too serious. Can't kneecap your own anger by being quippy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

I know my local cops had fuck all to do with this week's events but in a form of protest I flipped off every cop car I passed today while running errands.  And god damn, there were a lot more of them out on the roads than usual.

The elementary school in my neighborhood is having some kind of last day of school field day.  There's usually a school resource officer on the campus but today there are also 3 town  cops...I assume to hide under their cars, if something menacing happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Me Too Samesies GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

It was.  I hated the SEC move from the start, but the thought of having any interaction with those morons makes it even worse.

I was going to say have fun with that suckers then I realized we're just going to replace yall with schools in Florida, Utah, Texas, and Ohio to go with Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, and West Virginia...

yay.

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

A university full of nothing but cowards.  aggy is maga, maga is aggy both are fucking cowards

yep.  if every single one of those big, tough AR-15 owners posting on Texags was at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde on May 24, 2022, not one of them would have entered the school to try to save those children. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

I think Abbott, Cornyn, etc. are just empty suit careerists.  I think Ted is something else.  Like he gets off on this shit somehow.

He has nothing else to do.  It's him v. Hawley for president at some point.  Book it.

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A woman at a party in West Virginia pulled out a pistol and killed a man who was firing an AR-15 into the crowd:

https://www.wsaz.com/2022/05/26/person-detained-after-shots-fired-call/

ah, see, we're good y'all. the good guy with a gun is real. never mind why are fucking guns there in the first place?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, it's much more than that.  These people run this shit.  They run this state, and multiple others.  They run the Senate and the SCOTUS.  America is aggy.  Let that sink in.  It's as hellish as you would imagine.

Untitled-0010.jpg

I was going to say much earlier that there will be some sort of Special DPS investigation similar to that of The Bonfire Tragedy.  A predetermined verdict, looking for an explanation.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread