Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

34 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Here’s the deal, dipshit. We’ve figured out the solution. It’s gun control. 

You don’t like that solution? Okay, then. Propose a different one. Be specific. Tell us what your plan is for reducing gun violence without reducing the circulation of guns. Don’t just wave your hand and say “Y’all figure this mental health shit out.” If you think there’s a different way to solve this problem, tell us what that is and how you plan to implement it.

He won’t.  I’ve already tried to engage him in good faith starting out from a position that responsible gun owners get to keep all their guns.  He’s not here to solve Uvalde.  He’s here to defend gun worship.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, brakeman said:

Gov. Abbott cancels NRA trip, will travel to Uvalde instead.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/home/article/Gov-Abbott-will-travel-to-Uvalde-instead-of-NRA-17202273.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral

the governor isn't showing up to the NRA convention because Texans & the world are holding him accountable for what happens next.

Why is he politicizing this tragedy?  I thought we weren't supposed to do that.

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

It’s PEOPLE. it’s the person. Figure out the issue with mentality.

How hard is it to understand that if you have a country where there are more guns than there are people, a lot of people will get murdered with guns?

The only way to stop mass killings and most of the murders in this country is to take away guns from people. You like to say the gun didn’t kill the person it was the person who killed the other person. If that person doesn’t have that weapon, then no one get killed.

Just look at Australia, it works. I don’t even care if we have hunting rifles and maybe small caliber pistols for home safety etc.

But think, if we didn’t have all these high powered auto and semi auto guns out there, you wouldn’t be worrying about home invasion.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

He won’t.  I’ve already tried to engage him in good faith starting out from a position that responsible gun owners get to keep all their guns.  He’s not here to solve Uvalde.  He’s here to defend gun worship.

We all know that. But it’s time we call the bluff. Stop allowing the right to short-circuit discussion of productive measures by vaguely invoking “mental health.”

You think this is a mental health problem? Fine. Tell me how you fix it. Tell me how you fund it. Tell me your timeline for implementing it and what you’re doing to make that happen.

Otherwise, sit down, shut up, and let the adults who actually want to protect our children do so.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

As mentioned, my guns are still not killing anybody. Taking guns won’t fix the problem and if you really believe that you are the brain dead one.

I didn't say your god damn guns killed anyone.  I said you value your god damn guns more than the lives of school kids.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It is extremely difficult, but we should still talk about it.

Ok. So like use it as a marketing campaign to rally turnout. Maybe. I wonder if that messaging would fire up the gun rights side more or the gun reform side more.  

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

As mentioned, my guns are still not killing anybody. Taking guns won’t fix the problem and if you really believe that you are the brain dead one.

God you are so fucking stupid. My old set of lawn darts didn't kill any kids either. 

You are such a dumb fucking cowardly asshole Republican bumpkin that you can't see beyond the huge blackhead on the end of your nose.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Then prove it.

Tell us how you would solve this American problem. Be specific.

He can’t because any real solution involves gun control, which is a non-starter for him and his ilk. 

• Like 1

This thread is just shit-tastic right now.

A few folks have offered up some steps that reduce the arms and ammo race among the populace and a few others have mentioned some mental health assistance that might be possible if the fucking governor would stop diverting funds from HHS and other entities for political stunts.

But the prevailing tone of fear that Biden and Harris are going to knock on the door any second now and take the arsenal is ridiculous, as is the idea that restrictions or obstacles to purchase weapons is somehow akin to a 'taking.'

• Like 2

Just in case you guys are forgetting who you are dealing with here.

Hahahahahahaha holy shit. I had missed that. Wow. This coward couldn’t even go back and post in that thread after showing his idiocy.

If he ever gets the courage to come back in here and tell us his plan to stop school shootings, it surely will be a fucking riot.

image.png.05e4eebfd5dcf4c8c601c466b1f16134.png

image.png.70832baca91d969fdff952cfa0fd48a3.png

14 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Honestly nothing would surprise me at this point. It truly wouldn't. UT need to rescind that motherfucker's degree

14 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

No way, just someone looking for attention, disgusting

Does it matter if this is true in a post-fact society?  If it supported a Republican argument it would be on every one of the Fox News hosts and the top story for a week.  All your nutjob Facebook friends would be shitposting it everywhere, Q-Anon nuts would have a field day.  All the Russian disinformation hacks would blow a load over this story.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, sidis said:

Just in case you guys are forgetting who you are dealing with here.

anyone remember his dashboard cam video? i don't actually remember what event he was chronicling. i just remember thinking 'wow, this guy sounds like a fucking regard. i wonder if he is as stupid as he sounds. i sure hope not.'

well, he's every bit stupid as he sounds. and there's 50 million more of him out there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

And there it is. A U.S. Senator blames the shooting on CRT. Listen guys, background checks won’t stop all of these. But we have to stop to teaching CRT.

Thus spake one of the Senators who went to Russia on the 4th of July and has received over $1.2 million from the NRA. The shamelessness is no longer shocking, it's just resignation at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

Here's the deal, I do not think we will ever be a gun free country.  But its fucking dumb as shit to pretend that "universal background checks" mean that your guns will be taken away.

We used to have an assault weapons ban.  The GOP helped pass it, BECAUSE it had an expiration date. Then the GOP tooks lots and lots of money from the NRA, and it realized that Gun owners were rabid about voting. So a few dead folks were worth letting assault weapons designed only to kill people in an offensive matter was a no briner for the morally corrupt Republicans in office, so they let the ban expire. Gun owners beame another largely white sliver of voters the GOP could cobble together, along with other single issue voters, like anti-choice voters.  But the reason that the assault weapons ban is no longer in existence is simply because Republicans want guns as in issue, nothing about freedom, it's always about political power.

I am armed to the fucking teeth, but there is no logical reason at all for ANYONE to own and SKS, SR-15 or any other gun that is designed only to explode flesh of humans. It is NOT a weapon of defense, it is a weapon of offensive war.  Plainly and simply.When I hear the tired platitudes to mental health concerns I just fucking laugh.  Hell the sort of person who does not understand that people without guns , will be unable to slaughter innocents without said gun, is IMHO mentally unstable.  Simply because they cannot admit the truth.  No guns, no gun deaths.

AGAIN - I will point out that the same political party that wants guns for everyone, ALWAYS find cuts to mental health care every time the dollars are legislatively allocated.  SO let's stop pretending that "mental health" is anything but a red herring to... you guessed it... NOT talk about guns.

There is simply no reason at all that ANYONE in the US should be in possession of an AR or similar weapon of war.  That a fucking 18 year old can buy them is ridiculous, but it's the sort of false and selfish freedoms that is all the GOP is about. The closest logical reasoning for having such a gun would be the actions of Trump supporters on January 6th.  Past that?  No logical reason at all. And even then the logic justifying possession is a stretch.  What we do have is a form a mental illness within the GOP, where dead children are to be cried over, prayed over, and move on from as quickly as possible.  So they can keep cashing NRA checks and get primary votes on the backs of dead children.  If that's not mental illness I do not know what is.

• Hook 'Em 8

Though experiment: if you gave up those guns and magically those kids would come back to life, would you do it?  Or nah?

No he wouldn’t. Those dead children are hero’s because they gave their life for the 2nd amendment…
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Goofyboy said:

Quote messed up.

Chief Art left out legal obligation. Cops do not have to protect us.

Can someone please tell me this isn’t what happened - those cops let those 19 kids and 2 teachers die to keep the killer contained. There’s no way that was the call, is there?

You like to be lied to?

Blissful ignorance?

Here is a song for you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I have a solution.  End the manufacturing and sale of .223 and .556 ammo for domestic consumption.   Limit the maximum monthly purchase of rifle caliber ammo to 10 rounds a month.    

Sorry but this won't work.  You can get a carbine in pistol caliber too.  It needs to be the rifle/guns not the ammo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Even people in Australia still own guns. They hunt all the time. They have to go through a process to get said gun. Why is this so fucking hard?

Manbabies want their guntoys immediately. When the manbabies don't get their guntoys as soon as they want them, they look like my daughter when she doesn't get her baba. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Here’s the deal, dipshit. We’ve figured out the solution. It’s gun control. 

You don’t like that solution? Okay, then. Propose a different one. Be specific. Tell us what your plan is for reducing gun violence without reducing the circulation of guns. Don’t just wave your hand and say “Y’all figure this mental health shit out.” If you think there’s a different way to solve this problem, tell us what that is and how you plan to implement it.

46 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Are you going to propose a solution to the mental health problem? 

@markstanco - Not letting you run away from this. What is your proposed solution to the “mental health problem” and what are you doing to implement that solution?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

No he wouldn’t. Those dead children are hero’s because they gave their life for the 2nd amendment…

it's during tragedies like this that i can't help but thank these children for the ultimate sacrifice they made so that @Johnny Sack and his buddies can shoot water fowl with whatever type of gun they want.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

After wading through the last half dozen pages of stanco dumbassery, I finally caught up.

If we arm all the teachers, then they become prime target one every time.  Most times the teacher is going to be concentrating on teaching, not defending, so to be in the perfect place to thwart a maniacal gunman would be pretty low odds.  Yes, maybe they would be prepared after alerted, after the gunman had decimated an entire classroom.  Too little too late.   Like so many have said, who wants to sign up for that along with all the other shit teachers have to deal with?

We are talking small town rural Texas.  These people (and I know them well, since I am one) get the worst LEOs for employment.  We're certainly not talking cream of the crop here.  Think Barney Fife.  They are ok with intimidating regular citizens, but too often wilt under threat themselves.   So even with the best guy filling the chief or sheriff position, his pool of possible employees is pretty dismal.

Having mental health issues is bad enough, but having them in small towns where everyone knows you is really hard.    Already you are "different" and an easy target for those who need to tear someone else down to feel bigger.  Kids are notoriously cruel.  Word leaks out that you are engaging counseling then you are further stigmatized and targeted.  Your pool of friends goes to nearly nothing.  And that's assuming your parents and family are fully supportive.  No the issue isn't mental health as much as it is the fear of the stigma of seeking it.   And now you see these fools like MTG and her slimy ilk saying "we just need god, not counseling"  and that gives people something to hide behind.   So blaming it on mental health is a cop out.  There's a lot more to it, but of course none of that will be considered, since it's all window dressing, what they are tossing out.

As far as hardening targets, lets say that path is chosen.  Use that figure someone put out claiming around 130,000 schools (schools alone).  On average, say to get and maintain decent, non Barney Fife LEOs, you need about $300,000 annually for staffing.  That's 39 billion annually.  Not including any structural modifications or training.   

Maybe try something else then.  Like paying legislators across the country a decent working salary and in so doing, invoke massive election funding and lobbying reform.  Get the money out of politics.  Without getting into the weeds too much, let's just stay general and see what that would cost our country. 

US senators 100 $1,500,000 $150,000,000
US representatives 425 $400,000 $170,000,000
State senators 1972 $500,000 $986,000,000
State representatives 5411 $250,000 $1,352,750,000
      $2,658,750,000

Offer them all housing allowance, make their salaries non taxable, give them the finest healthcare and even toss in some retirement options and still all that costs maybe a tenth of what the most basic target hardening would do.    39 billion vs 3-5 billion?  Seems like a deal.  

Not to mention you could tie in bonuses based on job performance.  Let people vote on bills after they have taken effect a few years.   Good bills?  Bad bills?  Let the public score them out and those who wrote, supported or voted for the good ones get bonuses for doing their job...others get black stains on their records.

I know, it's all pie in the sky.  But I figure winter is coming.  After a long maddening summer filled with much more of this.   But at least offer some logical options besides God and prayer.  Give these people a salary they can live on and let them do their jobs.

• Hook 'Em 1

Go back roughly 15 years: In 2005, California had almost the same rate of deaths from guns as Florida or Texas. California had 9.5 firearms deaths per 100,000 people that year, Florida had 10 and Texas 11, according to data from the National Center for Health Statistics.

Since then, California repeatedly has tightened its gun laws, while Florida and Texas have moved in the opposite direction.

California’s rate of gun deaths has declined by 10% since 2005, even as the national rate has climbed in recent years. And Texas and Florida? Their rates of gun deaths have climbed 28% and 37% respectively. California now has one of the 10 lowest rates of gun deaths in the nation. Texas and Florida are headed in the wrong direction.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/newsletter/2022-05-27/on-guns-fear-of-futility-deters-action-essential-politics

Shocking.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Sorry but this won't work.  You can get a carbine in pistol caliber too.  It needs to be the rifle/guns not the ammo.

There are numerous work arounds, which includes manufacturing one's own ammo as well.   The mass shooters are not generally a patient crowd willing to commit a significant amount of time to the process it seems.   The loss of this ammo would limit options and while pistol rounds were used successfully in the Thompson SMG platform, the military went away from them for a reason (of course the outlier being the FN 5.7 and the P90 that shares it).

This needs to be a multi-faceted approach to solving this issue.    We can limit magazines sizes, limit ammo, and require background checks and delay the transfer from the seller to the buyer, and also require insurance and allow for people who misuse the weapons to be open to liability (similar to a bartender/bar owner who serves the drunk).   Maybe we do not need arms dealers to be minimum wage workers but professionals with licenses and certifications, insurance.   

Maybe the left needs their own unscrupulous undercover types to buy guns while posing as school shooters, militia wackjobs joking to the edge about murdering opposing political members and media.  

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

You know what's going on here.  Just say:

"I love my guns more than anything.  Even the risk that my own children will be killed by kids pales in comparison to my love for guns.  Some other kids got killed, but I don't care that much.  I'm a smart guy and I know what statistics are.  But I love my guns and I don't care." 

That's you being honest.

you were almost finished.....

"And when i, marcstanco go to identify the bloody pile of flesh and cartilage that used to be my children, who were obliterated by military-grade ordinance delivered from the hands of another child who legally purchased the weapons just hours or days before my children were obliterated, I will give my dna sample, return home, and to celebrate my possession of my arsenal, ejaculate on each and every weapon in a ceremonial ritual that i will film and share with aggy."

The anger level is hitting a breaking point watching the lies and reaction from the police that could've stopped this from happening. 
Ban all future sales of assault weapons and add a federal registry for people that currently own them.  If your weapon is used in a crime and you haven't registered that gun then you face charges as if you were the shooter.  Fuck this.

I’m good with this. I’m good with anything other than the status quo of doing nothing, which is what’s going to happen - just like it happened last time and the time before..
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

And there it is. A U.S. Senator blames the shooting on CRT. Listen guys, background checks won’t stop all of these. But we have to stop to teaching CRT.

Oh, I'm seeing this all over social media. They're blaming the decline of the "nuclear family" as a prime reason for the rise in these mass shootings. But not guns. It's never the guns.

• Hook 'Em 2

https://apple.news/AT5VsOIF9Rcu9s1iYb2G94Q

This is the latest timeline I’ve seen on the response.  So he wasn’t engaged at all before entering the school.  Cops got there 4 minutes later, got shot at, and RETREATED.  By this time or likely shortly thereafter he killed most of his victims.  Then they ATTEMPTED TO NEGOTIATE, with a hostage negotiator calling the shooter and him picking up and immediately hanging up.  Finally, after 40+ minutes, they went in and killed him.  Heads better roll, top to bottom.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Oh, I'm seeing this all over social media. They're blaming the decline of the "nuclear family" as a prime reason for the rise in these mass shootings. But not guns. It's never the guns.

That's Fascism 101. It's a great sound bite, but the reality bite is murder.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The parents would run through a brick wall if their kid was in the slightest danger of anything.

Of course. That's why it's important to intimidate, restrain, and, if necessary, taze them so you can setup a perimeter and wait for more coward ass cops to show up and do fuck all to save the children. 

@markstanco, read this you fucker. Let me bold my 'favorite' part.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/27/us/robb-shooting-survivor-miah-cerrillo/index.html

(CNN)An 11-year-old survivor of the Robb Elementary School massacre in Uvalde, Texas, feared the gunman would come back for her so she smeared herself in her friend's blood and played dead.

Miah Cerrillo spoke exclusively to CNN about her horrific experience that day inside the classroom where the mass shooting took place that killed 19 of her classmates and two of her teachers.

Miah said she and her classmates were watching the movie "Lilo and Stitch" in a classroom shared by two teachers, Eva Mireles and Irma Garcia. The students were finished with their lessons when the teachers got word there was a shooter in the building, she told CNN's "New Day."

One teacher went to lock the door, but Miah says the shooter was already right there — and shot out the window in the door.

She described it all happening so fast — her teacher backed into the classroom and the gunman followed. She told CNN he made eye contact with one of the teachers, said, "Goodnight," and then shot her.

He opened fire, shooting the other teacher and many of Miah's friends. She said bullets flew by her, and fragments hit her shoulders and head. The girl was later treated at the hospital and released with fragment wounds; she described to CNN that clumps of her hair were falling out now.

Miah said after shooting students in her class, the gunman went through a door into an adjoining classroom. She heard screams, and the sound of shots in that classroom. After the shots stopped, though, she says the shooter started playing loud music -- sad music, she said.

'Joe died of a broken heart': Husband of beloved teacher killed in Texas shooting dies two days later

The girl and a friend managed to get her dead teacher's phone and call 911 for help. She said she told a dispatcher, "Please come ... we're in trouble."

Miah said she was scared the gunman would return to her classroom to kill her and a few other surviving friends. So, she dipped her hands in the blood of a classmate -- who lay next to her, already dead -- and then smeared the blood all over herself to play dead.

Miah said it felt like three hours that she lay there, covered in her classmate's blood, with her friends.

She told CNN she assumed at that point the police hadn't arrived on the scene yet.

She said afterward, she overheard talk of police waiting outside the school. As she recounted this part of the story to CNN, she started crying, saying she just didn't understand why they didn't come inside and rescue them.

Miah's mother said her daughter is traumatized and can't sleep. The child's parents have started a GoFundMe specifically to pay for her therapy.

In an effort to keep herself covered, Miah sat for the interview wrapped in a blanket, despite the warm temperatures.

A cellphone alarm accidentally went off during the interview, and Miah was visibly unnerved by the noise. Her mother said that's been happening a lot, and described an earlier incident where they were at a car wash and the sound of the vacuum cleaner "completely set her off."

Miah was too scared to speak on camera, or to a man, because of what she experienced, but she told CNN she wanted to share her story so people can know what it's like to live through a school shooting. She says hopefully it can help prevent a tragedy like this from happening to other children.

Already a "miracle baby"

Miah's mother said she was born with a tumor in her abdomen and wasn't expected to live much past her birth. She underwent extensive surgery to remove the tumor at age three; her mother already called her a "miracle baby" and said that's even truer now.

Her mother also told CNN that the morning of the shooting, Miah had an earache and she took her out of school to go to the doctor. On the way back, they stopped at Starbucks for a treat and her mother offered to let Miah skip school the rest of the day since it was one of the last days of classes before summer break and they were just watching movies.

But Miah insisted that she wanted to return to school to see her friends, so her mother dropped her back off at school -- about an hour before the shooting.

Miah is braver than anybody with Uvalde PD.

I'm so fucking pissed off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 4

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread