Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

17 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

If grandpa had to ride an assault rifle back and forth on an ammunition highway every day to provide for his family, you’d have a point. 

If grandpa was riding an assault rifle then he’d speed past others on their right then get pissed when other drivers didn’t see him and take personal umbrage when one semi passing another delays his drive time by a couple minutes.

That’s assuming being a shitty, self-entitled driver who thinks he owns the road runs in the stanco family. 

your guns are statistically more likely to kill children than guns in the possession of "criminals".

No they are not. They are in a safe where only my wife and I have access to. Show your work on this where only the parents have access codes to guns.

Stop spreading msnbc bullshit.
  • Fuck You 5

What If the Bengal Tiger owned by a neighbor of others on the same street who owned Bengal Tigers, got loose and killed 5 young kids. How reasonable would it be to think that all of these Bengal Tiger owners should be allowed to keep their animals, given the danger they present to humans? Would those owning the non offending tigers be able to argue that because they keep their tigers safely secure, they don’t pose a threat, or would sanity prevail and they all agree that Bengal Tigers are simply too dangerous to be the property of even responsible people anywhere?

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

It’s PEOPLE. it’s the person. Figure out the issue with mentality.

Please, just answer this question:  should I be able to own and possess a tactical nuclear weapon?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You are one of those simpletons that think if we turn in all guns that the criminals will do the same, right? You know who’s guns don’t kill people? My guns. You angry dipshits don’t get this.

You’re really not acquainted with history, facts, and statistics, are you? You’re acquainted with NRA slogans, that’s obvious. But you really don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. All you want to do is live out your Rambo fantasy and you don’t give a fuck if it means innocent people get killed. No, you think having powerful guns is cool and it makes you feel strong.

I think it makes you a pussy and you’re lucky I don’t own a drone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:

No they are not. They are in a safe where only my wife and I have access to. Show your work on this where only the parents have access codes to guns.

It’s not really a code if you just have to mush the keypad with your fat fucking sausage claw.

Fat cunt. 

Edited by hookemATL
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Please, just answer this question:  should I be able to own and possess a tactical nuclear weapon?

Only if you promise to keep it locked in your tactical nuclear weapon safe, with only you and your wife having the code. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Getting backed in to a corner is hard.   But I don't have to show my work.

All of the assault rifle shootings this century were committed using weapons legally purchased by the shooters or obtained from the household where they lived.

You're the gun-lover.  YOU show YOUR WORK.  No goalpost moving.  Disprove my statement, or shut up.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Not surprised wishing death on others because of opposite beliefs coming from trash like you. Unlike you I would never be that person.

How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

I’m sure Nacy Lanza though the same thing. No way her kid would take her guns and massacre kids.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

A tactical nuclear weapon would be nice to own wouldn’t it? I bet that would be illegal though.

Oh.  It's the legality?  So why would you have a problem with it being illegal to own an AR-15 or similar high-capacity, high firing rate weapon?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You’re like a child who walked into the middle of a movie. Stop posting about me and my guns.

There are various ideas which have been discussed in this thread which have nothing to do with your fucking guns. Some of these ideas include: raising the age limits for gun purchases, waiting periods, universal background checks, etc.

We can’t even get simple common sense ideas passed because of simpletons like you screaming about your guns. Think about those 21 families in Uvalde who lost loved ones instead of your precious guns.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Getting backed in to a corner is hard.   But I don't have to show my work.
All of the assault rifle shootings this century were committed using weapons legally purchased by the shooters or obtained from the household where they lived.
You're the gun-lover.  YOU show YOUR WORK.  No goalpost moving.  Disprove my statement, or shut up.

Showing my work is super easy.

My guns have never, ever, jumped out of my safe and killed a single person. It’s crazy. I have over 20 in there. You would think one day they would just go on a killing spree. But no, I keep them locked up.
  • Fuck You 8

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

My guns have never, ever, jumped out of my safe and killed a single person. It’s crazy. I have over 20 in there. You would think one day they would just go on a killing spree. But no, I keep them locked up.

How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This is interesting. Pro dead children? Who said that? I venture in cloak every now and again and typically roll my eyes but where in the fuck did I say I was pro dead children? Jesus man spin less.

It's not working.  No "damage control" follow on posts will work.  You've been quoted so even if you delete that - mildly put - tone deaf post you put it out the NRA's first dodge "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."  Then it was for the fame, then video games, then weed, or whatever. 

• Like 1

I was going to ask why someone would buy something and then keep that something locked in a safe so that it never could fulfill its intended potential, then I realized I was dealing with Magamerica.  There is no logic, no rational thought.  Just 2 year olds shitting themselves and making the rest of the world clean it up.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh.  It's the legality?  So why would you have a problem with it being illegal to own an AR-15 or similar high-capacity, high firing rate weapon?

no, see, his argument is that legally owned weapons are okay, even if they are the weapons used to kill children 100% of the time.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I have this earning potential man, I could make millions, employ lots of folks.  Improve lives. But I keep it locked in a safe.  Because good stuff has to be locked away.  

You are one of those simpletons that think if we turn in all guns that the criminals will do the same, right? You know who’s guns don’t kill people? My guns. You angry dipshits don’t get this.
You should write a letter thanking the Uvalde parents for trading their children's lives for your guns that will never kill people. That's the trade, right? You get guns, they were made less safe, and they paid the price.

I'm sure your comforting words would give them great solace.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

You are a responsible gun owner.  Most are.  But we really do nothing vet and weed out the people who aren’t like you from the pool of gun owners.  I am fine with you keeping your guns, but I can’t accept not being able to keep them out of the hands of people like the Uvalde gunman.   There is a huge swath of compromise available between the extremes of “we must take every gun out of America” and “the right to bear arms is so inviolate that we cannot do anything to keep them from the hands of psychopaths.”

Anyone taking either of those stances is part of the stalemate of why nothing gets done.

Are there any restrictions you would accept for guns?  Or are you part of the problem?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

You’re like a child who walked into the middle of a movie. Stop posting about me and my guns.

There are various ideas which have been discussed in this thread which have nothing to do with your fucking guns. Some of these ideas include: raising the age limits for gun purchases, waiting periods, universal background checks, etc.

We can’t even get simple common sense ideas passed because of simpletons like you screaming about your guns. Think about those 21 families in Uvalde who lost loved ones instead of your precious guns.

what's worse is it's becoming clear that we have 4 or 5 states (dakotas, wyoming, corn, montana) whose monolithic bitchassedness insures the country will burn due to their senatorial block of stupidity

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Indirectly they have because you create a market for guns you don’t need that leads to the production and distribution of guns that others don’t need and allows them to buy military grade weaponry so they can kill more people. And you support the politicians who are owner by the gun lobby and allow it to happen and just spout off platitudes like, “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people,” which makes you look like a fucking idiot for having no more depth of thought than to just parrot that slogan. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what's worse is it's becoming clear that we have 4 or 5 states (dakotas, wyoming, corn, montana) whose monolithic bitchassedness insures the country will burn due to their senatorial block of stupidity

My knee-jerk response is "those Founding Fathers weren't as smart as people make them out to be."  Then I remember all the things they had no idea would never happen actually happening.  

But the 2 senators each for several giant expanses of the country filled with dumbass farmers.  C'mon.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

You are a responsible gun owner.  Most are.  But we really do nothing vet and weed out the people who aren’t like you from the pool of gun owners.  I am fine with you keeping your guns, but I can’t accept not being able to keep them out of the hands of people like the Uvalde gunman.   There is a huge swath of compromise available between the extremes of “we must take every gun out of America” and “the right to bear arms is so inviolate that we cannot do anything to keep them from the hands of psychopaths.”

Anyone taking either of those stances is part of the stalemate of why nothing gets done.

Are there any restrictions you would accept for guns?  Or are you part of the problem?

He’s not a responsible driver. I doubt he’s a responsible gun owner.  

16 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Though experiment: if you gave up those guns and magically those kids would come back to life, would you do it?  Or nah?

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I wouldn’t shed a tear if a couple hundred people started peppering the NRA gathering with 5.56 rounds.  Let them hunker under a table and wonder when a good guy with a gun might come form a tactical stack and rescue them.  Fucking cowardly fucks.  

From your lips to Gun's ears. 

• Like 1

I was going to ask why someone would buy something and then keep that something locked in a safe so that it never could fulfill its intended potential, then I realized I was dealing with Magamerica.  There is no logic, no rational thought.  Just 2 year olds shitting themselves and making the rest of the world clean it up.  

I have every single shot rifle, pistol, and shotgun in the safe. I know your thought process. If it was lazily left in the garage on the shop table it would venture out on a Thursday afternoon and start murdering people. Magaamerica. That is so fucking lazy.
  • Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I have every single shot rifle, pistol, and shotgun in the safe. I know your thought process. If it was lazily left in the garage on the shop table it would venture out on a Thursday afternoon and start murdering people. Magaamerica. That is so fucking lazy.

Hey coward answer the question. How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Are your really blaming it on guns? Got damn you are a stupid mother fucker.

Now do drunk driving and automobiles.
  • Fuck You 18

No, what’s lazy is imagining how you, Linus, would deal with life without your deadly security blanket. 

32 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Not surprised wishing death on others because of opposite beliefs coming from trash like you. Unlike you I would never be that person.

Nah you’re the kind of person who’s ok with children being murdered so you can feel better about having a tiny penis 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Presumably not everyone would use grenades and nuclear weapons if they were readily available either, but that's not a reason they shouldn't be banned.  The evidence is irrefutable that we have an insane amount of violent gun crime, and that's correlated to our high levels of gun ownership.  Britain had a mass shooting in a school decades ago.  You know what happened?  They cracked down on guns and magically the problem has diminished significantly.  

If you own guns, ESPECIALLY the tactical stuff and you're against regulation, what you are saying is that the level of death due to gun violence (including the murder of children) is at an acceptable level to you where you don't feel like you should be inconvenienced.  I mean, that's what it is, isn't it?  So spare me the thoughts and prayers.  It's a result that, while sad to you I'm sure, is an acceptable horse trade.  So spare me the "mental health" (which we don't invest in and no R would ever support raising taxes for) and "video games".  At the crux of it, this is our faustian bargain in America.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread