Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And here we go.  GOP needs to be declared a terrorist organization.

The Onion is on point, once again:

Mitch McConnell: ‘Get Your Crying Done Now Because We’re Not Passing Shit’

9d6e90b6d69951804eaddad2a231b916.jpg

WASHINGTON—In a press conference addressing the community of Uvalde, TX, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell reportedly urged those affected Thursday to get their crying done now because he wouldn’t be passing shit. “Go ahead and shed some tears, trot out the families of the victims, do whatever the fuck you’re going to do, and then we’re going to go back to pretending none of this happened,” said McConnell, urging the nation to go online and post whatever little impassioned rants or photographs of the bereaved they had, since he and his fellow lawmakers had decided their response to all of this would continue to be absolutely fucking nothing. “And yes, we know the parents of the victims will be burying 19 young children in the coming few weeks. Seriously, none of it matters to us. I don’t know how to make it any clearer. We simply couldn’t care less.” At press time, McConnell had returned to the podium to add that his thoughts and prayers were, of course, with the community and the grieving families.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

they are not small enough to do that. You will need multiple exits for emergency egress based on occupancy and building type.

Unless he is proposing to change the International Building Code and NFPA101 which is nearly universally adopted by state and local regulatory agencies.

As stated, hardening the schools isn't feasible. Yes, I'm sure older buildings could have improved designs but it's next to impossible to fully protect a building that calls for large numbers of people to frequently have to enter and exit.

Of course the hardening the school is not about policy but strangely trying to appeal to their core audience. We have posters here that regularly discuss how they've setup their house to handle the home invaders. They're probably jerking off when they hear a politician describe single entrances and automated man traps. That's what we need Ethel!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It occurred to me today: the GOP is Patrick Bateman. The party’s deliberate policy choices repeatedly and predictably result in the slaughter of children. But when anyone advocates action that would prevent further tragedy, GOP politicians call them off, wielding feigned sanctimony and disingenuous pleas to respect the memory of the victims to ensure no one intervenes to prevent the murder of yet more American children.

And then they spend the rest of the day sitting around a conference room table comparing business cards.

• Like 1

Good news murderers. You don't even need to get a gun to kill people. You can just light the building on fire and watch as the hundreds of kids die in a fire because the idiots only made one impenetrable door. (exit)

We live in the dumbest times

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

she did what those cops wouldn't do - put her life on the line to protect the children.

i just think back to 9/11, and those firefighters who climbed up the stairs to save people, knowing full well that they might not come back down.  but that was part of the job and what they signed up for, so they did it.

and then the cops here he sat around for 40 minutes doing jackshit because "bad man has AR 15. that's really dangerous.  i might die."  so they waited.  and instead, the kids got slaughtered.

hope Joe makes it through this.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

she did what those cops wouldn't do - put her life on the line to protect the children.

i just think back to 9/11, and those firefighters who climbed up the stairs to save people, knowing full well that they might not come back down.  but that was part of the job and what they signed up for, so they did it.

and then the cops here he sat around for 40 minutes doing jackshit because "bad man has AR 15. that's really dangerous.  i might die."  so they waited.  and instead, the kids got slaughtered.

hope Joe makes it through this.  

Think You missed “fatal”

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course the hardening the school is not about policy but strangely trying to appeal to their core audience. We have posters here that regularly discuss how they've setup their house to handle the home invaders. They're probably jerking off when they hear a politician describe single entrances and automated man traps. That's what we need Ethel!

This.  It's more mental masturbation by sick fucks who like to talk tough, but when shit gets real -- like at a goddamn elementary school where kids are getting slaughtered -- they stand around doing nothing because they are ACTUALLY terrified pussies who care only about themselves.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And this tone deaf mother fucker trying to talk down the dangers of the AR-15 while his fellow pussy cops who were armed were too afraid to go after a gunman wielding one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

There was armed security, ex-law enforcement, who died shooting at the white supremacist in Buffalo as well.

no handgun is competition against an AR-15

did you ever have one of those days when you just need an AR break?

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

And this tone deaf mother fucker trying to talk down the dangers of the AR-15 while his fellow pussy cops who were armed were too afraid to go after a gunman wielding one.

This. But at least they looked super awesome with their semiautomatic rifles and tacticool gear on while telling parents to calm down while children were being slaughtered inside the school.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wtaf

This has remained one of the most active threads on this board.

This board includes threads (on other sub-boards about hot 40+ year old women, and ASSSSS, and similar subjects)......but this thread is nearly as active as the threat about an ongoing war in Ukraine.  We are so fucking fucked up.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Please don’t make this argument. We can create long prison sentences for possession of certain weapons, and there will be a line at the police station to hand them in.

Will some billy badasses or flat out criminals decide to hide their modified automatic weapon? Sure but those morons will be caught over time. And if the future still experiences massacres due to these weapons, it’s more deaths on us for allowing the weapons in the past.

let the criminals and sovereign citizens keep their weapons.  all grades, calibers, everything.

STOP THE SALE OF GUNS PERIOD GOING FORWARD.   all guns can be resold at police stations or ATF-sanctioned events, i.e. gun shows with heavy federal presence.

the loner nuts with no mental health safety net are the ones gunning down schools and grocery stores.

why the fuck is it so hard to have even a modicum of compromise on this issue?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, fattyflattie said:

I don’t disagree. As much as I hate the idea and can see the fuckery that’s going to come along with red flag laws, I’m getting there slowly but surely.  I have a real sense it’s going to fuck over a million innocents to every one it stops though. 

So,  it would stop 300 mass shooters? 

On 5/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, B00M said:

"Well regulated in the 18th century tended to be something like well-organized, well-armed, well disciplined... It didn't mean 'regulation' in the sense that we use it now"

Source: 1st Google result of "what does a well regulated militia mean"

Ooh look, a textualist! Break out the dictionary and see where militia indicates every single person should have an assault rifle in their home. 

Does a militia mean home storage of weapons?  Probably the framers meant there was some sort of armory,  right? 

On 5/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, B00M said:

Hamilton in Federalist 29 is arguing that the federal government, not the states, is best suited to efficiently/fairly regulate ("provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining") and command ("governing") the militia. That's exactly what I said was meant by well-regulated. 

In 69 (nice) Hamilton uses the words "regulate" and "regulating" in a negative way, like modern useage, as he's describing the absolute powers of a monarch in sharp contrast to the limited powers of the US President. 

See above

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

Hell, the fact that Joe Public doesn't have a way to run a background check himself is just insane. The few times I've sold a gun to an individual I've only sold em to a CHL holder since that's at least a degree of background checking, even if it's potentially years out of date.

More topically: this damn murderer bought his rifles LEGALLY through an FFL. Private sales are definitely a thing that should be reformed, but it didn't matter for this atrocity

i'm sure someone must have mentioned this by now but the National Tracing Center in Martinsburg WV is like a copy of the last scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark.  It's warehouses full of paper records.  The NRA has insured that electronic consolidation of gun records has been rendered illegal via appropriations bills beginning in 1979.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/595612/firearm-tracing-division/

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

They are now saying there was no armed resource officer on campus. Wtf

that seems to track. if there had been one would hope they would have attempted to subdue the shooter. probably not, though, considering what we're reading about the officers did and didn't do - mostly didn't do

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Not only does he not want to put forward any sort of restriction on firearms, he wants to actively promote more assault weapons on our streets. Patrick, Abbott, Cruz, et al won't be happy until there's an AR for every man, woman, child, dog and cat in this state.

That will make it easier to melt into the crowd after you commit a mass shooting. 

1 minute ago, ultimaton said:

A weapon so powerful and terrifying that armed and armored police refused to engage when a lunatic wielded it against two classrooms full of 9 year old kids. 

And we sold two to a high school drop out within days of his 18th birthday. 

just like the founders wanted it!

🙄

• Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh my gosh

this is great

the scandal will have tremendous legs

the evil fascist cowards aren't going to get their normal reprieve

everyone who can do so, grab that video and disperse copies before it dissappears

there will be an attempted embargo on that video

• Like 1

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article261746987.html#storylink=sectionheadlines

When is enough enough? How many times do we have to have a mass shooting at one of our schools, or anywhere else for that matter, before our spineless politicians in Washington take action?

I am a gun owner. I believe in the right to bear arms. Our Second Amendment calls for “a well regulated militia.” Well, where on earth are the regulations? It is unconscionable that an 18-year-old can walk into a store and purchase not one, but two assault rifles with virtually no checks in place.

Unfortunately, our thoughts and prayers don’t do much to address this issue. What does address it is our votes. The vast majority of Americans support commonsense gun control. You have the power to effect change in Washington. Regardless of your party affiliation, vote for representatives who will effect change and vote out those who will not.

Let’s finally put an end to this terrible madness.

- Jeffrey S. Simkins, Overland Park

24 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus, the stories keep getting worse.

I think we can go ahead and put a bow on the conclusion of "cops aren't here to protect us, they are here to subdue and control us," right?  This is done.  The debate is over.  The cops are our enemies, not our friends.

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I hope that shitass mayor resigns. 

You mistyped "I can't wait until he runs for and wins higher office, because he's super-MAGA."

16 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

A weapon so powerful and terrifying that armed and armored police refused to engage when a lunatic wielded it against two classrooms full of 9 year old kids. 

You and your logic and common sense.  Bitch please, GTFO of America, there's no room for that shit here.

9 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Cosplay cops will demand even more money for tactical gear they can pose in outside murder scenes, news at 11. 

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

ban guns in video games!  

and dungeons and dragons.  and lets put Judas Priest on trial..... 

Y'all get it.  That is 100% how this will go down.  Every single thing that did not work, and is not to blame here.....will get 100% of the attention and expenditure.  It's like y'all have seen this before, dozens and dozens and dozens of times.

21 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Those things are pricey. Maybe the kid had savings. Maybe he took advantage of the credit card offers that flood the mailbox when kids turn 18. If that is the case, maybe we should rethink buying firearms on credit?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As stated, hardening the schools isn't feasible. Yes, I'm sure older buildings could have improved designs but it's next to impossible to fully protect a building that calls for large numbers of people to frequently have to enter and exit.

every gqp suggestion is to live in a world much like the Soviet Union.  With bunkers, shit schools, and a fuck load of graft.   we are all cannon fodder.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread