Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Like banning assault rifles and enforcing ammunition limits so that one shooter can't have a magazine with 50+ bullets? That makes a helluva lot more sense than turning schools into fortresses.

No, I get that and I'm for it.  It definitely makes more sense but I thought we were being realistic.  Do you really see that happening or do you see us sitting on our ass until the next one or 20 of these?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

We have lost our way as a society. We would all be better of getting away from social media and the entertainment industry. Get out in nature, meet people, learn to be kind to one another again. COVID didn't help locking us up, limiting our interaction to behind a computer screen and keyboard. I'm disappointed in some comments that appear to call for violence against Republicans. Something like this should be bringing us together, not tearing us apart. People making accusations that this is what Republicans want is an insane statement. I am a registered republican as his the majority of my family and friends and I know of no one that thinks that way. It's sick. The individual who carried out this attack was a animal and ultimately got what he deserved. I know you are pissed, I'm pissed. It sucks. I know a lot of people in here don't like me or my opinion but these are genuine thoughts, Neg me if you want, I'm sure some will but I genuinely care for all human life. We need to find a practical solution to thee problem. Blaming the other side doesn't give the country any traction on resolving the issue.

Even the jaguars fan gif doesn’t do this post justice. What a steaming pile of meconium disguised as cogent thought.

But you do you, keep paying dues to the domestic terrorist organization you are a proud member of. Hope they at least give you a kick ass decoder ring to go along with the moral ineptitude and bloodlust for dead children. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

No, I get that and I'm for it.  It definitely makes more sense but I thought we were being realistic.  Do you really see that happening or do you see us sitting on our ass until the next one or 20 of these?

Seeing as how we once had a federal Assault Weapons Ban from 1994-2004, yeah I think it's certainly doable and it's far more realistic and helpful than wasting our time and energy repeeating Fixed News talking points from the Thoughts and Prayers seditionist enablers. 

Fuck that nonsense. And if you want to talk about doors and improved school security, how does that bright idea protect innocent people in churches, synagogues, grocery stores, and nightclubs?

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Seeing as how we once had a federal Assault Weapons Ban from 1994-2004, yeah I think it's certainly doable and it's far more realistic and helpful than wasting our time and energy repeeating Fixed News talking points from the Thoughts and Prayers seditionist enablers. 

Fuck that nonsense. And if you want to talk about doors and improved school security, how does that bright idea protect innocent people in churches, synagogues, grocery stores, and nightclubs?

No, you're absolutely right.  I've said this doesn't protect everyone but the schools hit me the hardest.  I do not share your optimism on an Assault Weapons Ban.

Just now, hookem2010 said:

I get to experience that for the first time in the next few days! Although I hear the little guy immediately loses value when he exits the womb. Like driving a new car out of the lot.

You can still get a good price. Used baby market is on fire right now. 

Just now, Gourmand said:

Except you know your math is bullshit and you are lying through your fucking teeth to make a stupid point. 

60>50.

The senate rules are dictated by the controlling party. 
You seem to not understand the actual political dynamics in play.

• Fuck You 8

Spoilered for longcat

Open or undecided

cramer-nd-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Kevin CramerN.D.
NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION RATING: A
“I think that’s something we’re certainly going to discuss, probably very openly. That particular bill, my first review of that bill was it went a bit far. I wish we could fix the things that they’re supposed to be enforcing now, with regard to lists like the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. But I’m not someone who takes things off the table.”
kennedy-la-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John KennedyLa.
N.R.A. RATING: A
“Look, if there’s legislation to be introduced, I will review it carefully as I do all legislation.”
romney-ut-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Mitt RomneyUtah
“I do believe that we will be looking at ways to improve our background checks. I’ve been looking at Toomey-Manchin as a piece of legislation, and seeing if that would make a difference. And I do believe that red flag laws and states are helpful."
toomey-pa-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Patrick J. ToomeyPa.
N.R.A. RATING: C
“My interest in doing something to improve and expand our background check system remains.”

Opposed or leaning no

barrasso-wy-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John BarrassoWyo.
“We don’t want to take away the rights of law-abiding citizens.”
cruz-tx-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Ted CruzTexas
N.R.A. RATING: A+
Faulted Democrats “and a whole lot of folks in the media” for rushing to “try to restrict the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens.”
graham-sc-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Lindsey GrahamS.C.
“None of these things we’re talking about seems to change the outcome, before these most recent cases. I doubt if any Republicans vote for that.”
hagerty-tn-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Bill HagertyTenn.
“To be clear: Using this horror to infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens — before we even know what might have prevented this tragedy — and accusing anyone who disagrees of being complicit in this abhorrent crime is not a solution that will make us safer.”
hawley-mo-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Josh HawleyMo.
“Doesn’t it also change who gets the checks? That would be one of my concerns.”
johnson-wi-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Ron JohnsonWis.
Mr. Johnson's office said, “The senator does not support HR8, which would criminalize common exchanges of firearms and strip away the rights of millions of people while doing nothing to reduce gun violence. Universal backgrounds checks wouldn’t be universal. Almost 70 percent of prisoners who used a gun to commit crimes acquired firearms from black-market sources, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.”
lankford-ok-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
James LankfordOkla.
“My first thought is, background bill seems a little out of place based on what happened in Uvalde.”
lummis-wy-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Cynthia LummisWyo.
Expanding background checks “would not be acceptable for the state of Wyoming.”
rounds-sd-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Mike RoundsS.D.
“It’s one thing to say that, regardless of the facts, you should just do something. The question is whether something you would do would actually make a difference.”
scott-fl-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Rick ScottFla.
N.R.A. RATING: C
“I haven’t seen those exact bills. I don’t support taking away people’s — law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights.”
shelby-al-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Richard C. ShelbyAla.
“I’m a Second Amendment person, period.”
tuberville-al-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Tommy TubervilleAla.
“I’m willing to say that I’m very sorry it happened. But guns are not the problem, OK? People are the problem. That’s where it starts — and we’ve had guns forever. And we’re going to continue to have guns.”
wicker-ms-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Roger WickerMiss.
“I’m committed to exploring bipartisan solutions that can help address gun violence without infringing upon the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners.”

Declined or didn’t answer

blackburn-tn-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Marsha BlackburnTenn.
“Schools should have secured, limited entry points, and increased funding for school resource officers. School officials with prior military or law enforcement experience should be allowed to carry firearms. Finally, mental health must be taken seriously. We should improve access to resources and treatment for those suffering from mental illness.”
blunt-mo-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Roy BluntMo.
boozman-ar-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John BoozmanArk.
braun-in-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Mike BraunInd.
“I’m going to focus on school security, which I know works. We’ve got red flag laws in Indiana that have really measurably worked. A lot of them need to be fine-tuned.”
burr-nc-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Richard M. BurrN.C.
“If somebody’s got a solution to this, by all means, let’s talk about it. But nobody’s proposed that they’ve got one.”
cassidy-la-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Bill CassidyLa.
collins-me-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Susan CollinsMaine
N.R.A. RATING: B
“I believe that Congress should look at passing what are known as red flag or yellow flag laws. They allow a court to confiscate guns from people who are mentally ill who pose a threat to themselves or others.”
cornyn-tx-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John CornynTexas
cotton-ar-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Tom CottonArk.
“I have no comment on that.”
crapo-id-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Michael D. CrapoIdaho
“What happened in Uvalde is a horrific tragedy, and I condemn all violence. I’m personally devastated to hear of the young lives lost and I will mourn for the loss of these precious lives.”
daines-mt-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Steve DainesMont.
ernst-ia-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Joni ErnstIowa
Said she needed to better “understand the circumstances” of the shooting before backing any fix.
fischer-ne-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Deb FischerNeb.
grassley-ia-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Charles E. GrassleyIowa
hoeven-nd-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John HoevenN.D.
hyde-smith-ms-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Cindy Hyde-SmithMiss.
inhofe-ok-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
James M. InhofeOkla.
“I hadn’t thought about it. You’re the first one to bring that to my attention.”
lee-ut-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Mike LeeUtah
marshall-ks-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Roger MarshallKan.
mcconnell-ky-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Mitch McConnellKy.
capito-wv-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Shelley Moore CapitoW.Va.
moran-ks-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Jerry MoranKan.
murkowski-ak-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Lisa MurkowskiAlaska
paul-ky-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Rand PaulKy.
portman-oh-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Rob PortmanOhio
risch-id-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Jim RischIdaho
rubio-fl-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Marco RubioFla.
sasse-ne-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Ben SasseNeb.
scott-sc-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Tim ScottS.C.
sullivan-ak-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Dan SullivanAlaska
thune-sd-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
John ThuneS.D.
“I think there’s a time and place to have those conversations, and we’ll see where they go.”
tillis-nc-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Thom TillisN.C.
“I have not seen them, but [Senator Chuck Schumer, the majority leader] hasn’t consulted with us, so that’s a not a good sign.”
young-in-sen.png?format=png&quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
Todd YoungInd.
“I’m huddling up with my colleagues, Republicans and Democrats alike,” initiating “conversations about this horrible incident and what we can do to prevent future types of incidents.”

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

The senate rules are dictated by the controlling party. 
You seem to not understand the actual political dynamics in play.

52 > 48. 

The operative word here is "control" when the "Democrats" and their 48 votes can do nothing to change said rules. 

Your declaration that the Democrats control the executive and legislative branches is a flat out lie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

As a result, gun deaths dropped 27% in Vermont:

https://apnews.com/article/north-america-us-news-ap-top-news-laws-vermont-2f25a3ba1051406a906dcd138cc1a648

Vermont on Wednesday raised the age to buy firearms, banned high-capacity magazines and made it easier to take guns from people who pose a threat — the first significant gun ownership restrictions in state history, signed into law by the Republican governor.

It’s a remarkable turnaround for the largely rural state that traditionally has refused to impose restrictions on gun ownership.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

respectively

A couple of outliers aside looks like it skews very young. 

I'd like to see an overall list of all mass shootings in the US in the last 10 years. Might show the legal gun ownership age minimum should be around 30 or 35. When men's T starts to lower and they typically have kids and more to lose.

30 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

If only they made glass to withstand such a thing......you may want to read up.

Is the glass at your kids school this type? I’d bet $100 it is not. But keep propagating that “hardening” bullshit.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That dumbass just elevated himself to Johnny Sack level of dickhead for me.  I am sure he cares, but whatever.

Pointing out that the masturbatory exchanges here about Ds and Rs put me over the edge for you?

This shit isn't going to get fixed because we are a broken society with broken politics. 

If that is too much for you to digest, that is not on me man. 

• Fuck You 14

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pointing out that the masturbatory exchanges here about Ds and Rs put me over the edge for you?

This shit isn't going to get fixed because we are a broken society with broken politics. 

Maybe you should take a break from posting in here. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Anastasis said:

Lol at all the negs.  You guys keep waiting on hope and change to be effected by the American political dynamic. Shit is broke. 

Really going for arsonist complaining about all the fires he started vibes tonight, huh?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

So many good guys with guns. 

Body armor too. They have all the gear they need to storm the school and potentially save more children's lives. Somehow, they choose to make a bad situation even worse. Disgraceful cowards actively prevented the families from doing anything about it either. 

Everyone of them should be fired, or run out of elected office.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well let’s here it Einstein. What are your suggestions for fixing this American problem. And are you voting for people that can put that into action. Be specific.
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I think we need smarter ideas here or did you skip over that part?

No, I was pointing out the absurdity of the argument that security at schools will solve the problem when THERE WAS FUCKING SECURITY AT THAT SCHOOL!

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread