Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, smuggs said:

I was unfamiliar with The Department Is Wanna Take Away Your Rights. I'm going to do some research and see exactly what these guys are up to over there.

Their building is right next to the Ministry of Silly Walks, you can't miss it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The one entrance-one exit sounds like a great idea but in the words of John Bender, what if there's a fire.

Screws fall out kids get past the doors with AR-15's all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

They're all cowards who should be lined up against a wall and riddled with bullets. 

I prefer to just sue them for defrauding the populous by pretending to be law enforcement. Then open them up to negligence charges and impersonating a police officer charges as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

the idea that people can believe there is an interventionist, "personal god" as described by the sacred texts of the majority of human religions while also knowing that people like dan patrick and ted cruz exist among us and prosper in positions of societal power is absolutely fucking extraordinary to me.  the absolute lowest form of human shit possible.

Even if there were a god, he/she/it/they wouldn’t care about political parties or your favorite sports team. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I prefer to just sue them for defrauding the populous by pretending to be law enforcement. Then open them up to negligence charges and impersonating a police officer charges as well.

They weren't pretending to be law enforcement though, they were doing their actual jobs. Their actual jobs just aren't what we think they should be.

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

A magical time when they weren’t the racist party (southern strategy?) and they weren’t pro 2nd, obviously.  

Don't you think that's a problem?

Because it wasn't always this way with the Republican Party. You can clearly trace the pro 2nd amendment stance back to the mid-1970s when a faction of the NRA being forcing the org to move away from sports/hunting and towards opposing gun control. They formed a PAC two years later and with a laser focus on electing politicians that focused on gun rights. And conveniently then they latched on to the conservative movement to erode and chip away at the bi-partisan supported business policies and social welfare programs that came out after WWII. 

For goodness sake fatty, the modern day GOP is a well-oiled disinformation machine.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

FTrxJnYXoAE6xZV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Nope, Republicans don't want more guns and fewer restrictions.  Not at all.

It really would be one thing to oppose further gun restrictions.  Not a good thing, but one thing.  It's a whole other thing to pass laws to proliferate them on the streets.

It's performative with consequences.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I agree.  But the fact that there were "good guys with guns" at many of these massacres who didn't do jack shit undercuts the right wing argument that having armed guards at schools is the answer (setting aside that those fucks don't acknowledge that schools are already underfunded in so many ways and they don't see to want to fix that).

Shit, I had a friend who was a jeweler. He carried cash and a gun like many others did in his line of work. One day outside the jewelry exchange in Boca Raton, a guy robbed and murdered a jeweler right in front of the store. There had to be nearly 30 gun in that store and they all did jack shit.

That is how i learned it was a bullshit phrase.
  • Like 2

SURVIVED SCHOOL TODAY - BLACK - $35

Nineteen children and two adults lost their lives on May 24th in the town of Uvalde, Texas as a result of yet another senseless mass shooting. The greater tragedy lies in the bigger picture where events like this have seemingly become commonplace and almost expected. "Surviving" school used to mean passing your classes but as time goes on it has taken on the most literal meaning of the word "surviving". This shirt is a commentary on this sad state of affairs.

100% of profits will be donated to the Uvalde Strong Fund which was setup by the Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country. Per their mission statement "We are collaborating with the District Attorney of Uvalde and the San Antonio Area Foundation to create a support system for affected families as well as nonprofits supporting Uvalde now and in the coming days and months".

This was designed by Quasi Skateboards in Spring 2019. They have kindly collaborated with us to make this shirt possible. These are screenprinted on COMFORT COLORS 1717 blanks. This is a preorder, please allow 2-4 weeks for shipping.

https://www.dasbootleg13.com/collections/justified-arrogance/products/i-survived-school-today-black

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

What happens in a fire?

More thoughts and prayers. But at least in that tragedy they don’t have to answer any questions about their NRA donations 

Edited by UncleSonny
Simon beat me to it

40 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I know Patrick is a nut and we're all desensitized to him at this point.  But MY GOD.  This is insane.  His proposal is turn our ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS into armed fortresses instead of putting forward any sort of restriction on firearms.  What civilized society does this?

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Keef said:

I know Patrick is a nut and we're all desensitized to him at this point.  But MY GOD.  This is insane.  His proposal is turn our ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOLS into armed fortresses instead of putting forward any sort of restriction on firearms.  What civilized society does this?

CIVILIZED society?

None. The answer you're looking for is "none."

It's Escape from New York dystopia-level bullshit.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

Well, going by the responses that I see on social media from people I know that claim to get their news from multiple reputable sources (“But, I don’t watch Fox) we could be hardening schools with the $40 million Brandon sent to Ukraine. I am sure we could probably cut corporate taxes and taxes on the ultra-wealthy a little more, too, to trickle-down the funds to pay for erecting fences/walls around all our school yards and getting armed guards at all the entrances, building sally ports for the school buses and parent drop-off lines, etc. It could work.

I am trying to stay positive here. I am just thankful that we have all the thoughts and prayers of the Republicans, and especially of all the “Christian right” that I used to be a part of. I am thankful for all the good guys with guns that have kept and could keep all these situations - past, present and future - from being worse. Just imagine how many more children would be dead without all these thoughts and prayers!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keef said:

But let's also remember that the state govt wants to lower school district budgets. Rebuilding schools (school bond debt) and hiring more guards is going to lower the amount of money spent on education. 

No, they won’t. They’ll tell themselves they’re heroes and did everything they could have possibly done.

Yep. They're Dunning Kruger aggys. Remember, if you score too high on the intelligence entrance exam the force won't take you.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Keef said:

Not only does he not want to put forward any sort of restriction on firearms, he wants to actively promote more assault weapons on our streets. Patrick, Abbott, Cruz, et al won't be happy until there's an AR for every man, woman, child, dog and cat in this state.

44 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Supposedly serious people actually proposing that the solution to our children being murdered is to put them in buildings with fewer doors and windows. 

Serious people? Lol

33 minutes ago, Keef said:

Just like "mental health(!)," it's not a serious suggestion. He knows the brainwashed at home loll their heads at the suggestion, harden themselves to any serious gun control suggestions because free-dumb, and he's done his part in running out the clock of the news cycle.

They know they only need to deflect for a few days, and then we'll be on to the next thing. They're probably hoping a brawl breaks out an NBA playoff game or gas hits a new easy to rail against benchmark in the next few days. If not, a verdict will likely be reached in the Depp/Heard trial next week. Then they're off the hook.

You know what else is awesome about how the right only wants to talk about "harden schools!  Turn them into fortresses!"?

It lets them completely skip over the issue of, ummm, what do we do about grocery stores in black neighborhoods (Buffalo) or Wal-Marts in hispanic communities (El Paso) when stochastic terrorists motivated by people like multiple GQP elected officials and Tucker Carlson touting "replacement theory" as an existential threat to our nation do exactly what you'd expect them to do: slaughter the infidels.

How are we supposed to protect our regular black folks going about their day buying their groceries?  How are we supposed to protect our regular hispanic folks picking up a few items at Wal-Mart?  Seems we have a two-pronged plan that is code for "do absolutely nothing: -- 1) thoughts, and 2) prayers.

Don't think we've forgotten about how the same fuckers who prevent any and all gun control measures are ALSO the folks who repeatedly urge on stochastic terrorism.  I haven't.  I hate these people.  I hate them very, very, very much.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, pacman said:

ETA to Fox and Friends strategy announcement of just closing public schools?

There's already been a serious proposal, in the Federalist, that this means we should all home school (result: no more schools).  It's already happened.

I wish that just a few times in this century the GOP would actually put forward a solution to a big problem?

Trans kids

Don't say Gay

Don't talk about slavery due to white sensitivity

make medical decisions for women in direct opposition the the citizenry

Prevent votes on any Gun Legislation and make STUDYING the effects of gun violence illegal with Federal dollars

Shit I have been waiting just over 3 decades for the GOP to put forward a healthcare plan.  I have been waiting for over 2 decades for the GOP to allow debate and votes on any sort of immigration plan.  

Now the GOP wants to do things they have been diametrically opposed to for 60 years, funding education and funding mental health.  No fucking shit, that's the GOP's solution.  Toss some money at the exact things they routinely dismantle funding for at every opportunity.  They truly live in an alternative universe where they can pretend almost anything is the truth... except of course the truth.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Don't be confused here. They don't want to actually fund those things. They just want blame something else besides guns. There is no intention to provide any additional funding for their stupid ideas. 

Correct. The whole point of this is to muddy the discussion until we move on the next thing.

I think we should try to get back on message: Republicans like dead school children. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread