Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

If that’s all true — and I question it only because I really, really don’t want it to be — those cops are going to live with some serious internal hell for the rest of their lives. As they should.  To be in a position to possibly stop what happened at Uvalde and to have balked at trying to protect those kids, fuck.  That’s not failing at your job, that’s failing utterly as a goddam human being.

I’m glad the fucking border patrol showed some resolve.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

If that’s all true — and I question it only because I really, really don’t want it to be — those cops are going to live with some serious internal hell for the rest of their lives. As they should.  To be in a position to possibly stop what happened at Uvalde and to have balked at trying to protect those kids, fuck.  That’s not failing at your job, that’s failing utterly as a goddam human being.

Zero defense of any law enforcement officer not doing their job, but it’s also a fallacy to believe that any officer will ever put their lives on the line for citizens. Most or at least many will, but don’t count on it.

We’re all conditioned to respect authority, and it may have been 1 senior officer who hesitated and everyone below them, including Uvalde citizens paused.

if you don’t like what is going on at any situation, ignore what a cop tells you and act as you see fit. Especially if you or a loved ones’ safety is at stake. You risk being arrested but so what.

Greg Abbott, Ted Cruz, and their ilk can still get fucked. But after the updates I’ve been reading I have a special hatred this morning for Uvalde law enforcement. Those pussies make Barney Fife look like Marion Cobretti. I hope news outlets and social media continue shaming them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Thank god that there were so many good guys with guns there to [checks video]….prevent parents from protecting their kids.
Fuck everything and everyone.

Yep, if police with the equipment and training were in a position to act and did not, how can you expect an untrained and under-armed teacher to?

You can’t — unless your only real aim is to bring about the collapse of public education entirely.

Look at the structure of the Uvalde PD. They account for 40% of the town budget. The Frontline cops got there and secured the perimeter until the tactical response team officers arrived to, you know, do something. How do politicians get to scream they're tough on crime and how they back the blue unless they keep giving them bloated budgets that don't address root cause issues that would help increase the safety of the citizens?

Given the news about the lack of action by the uvalde police, we will at least not to see any more politician news conferences. Any politician won’t want to answer those questions or be associated with cowardice.  And the uvalde old man, who yelled at Beto, will also have nothing more to say.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

if you don’t like what is going on at any situation, ignore what a cop tells you and act as you see fit. Especially if you or a loved ones’ safety is at stake. You risk being arrested but so what

See: video of multiple cops restraining and physically preventing a single parent from going in and rescuing their child.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

See: video of multiple cops restraining and physically preventing a single parent from going in and rescuing their child.

Fine. Let them waste their time time restraining one parent. Perhaps that might convince another or 5 more parents to attempt it.

at any one scene, police authority is usually limited. It’s all perceived authority.  Now if 20 cops are marching down the street when an individual gets in their way, sure that dude is getting knocked in the head. When the numbers are reversed, the cop cant stop you.

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I hope news outlets and social media continue shaming them.

Agreed but my issue with this is it's another distraction along the lines of "hardening the schools" and "Robert Francis O'Rourke!!1!1!1 derp derp derp!.... 

Law enforcement's response isn't the primary concern for me because whether or not these specific cowards had been brave enough to stop the massacre sooner, the existential threat of mass gun violence still remains as long as the Death Cult Religion of The Gun Seditionist Party of Ghoulish Assholes controls law-making in Texas and beyond

GUN CONTROL NOW.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Ban the private resale of firearms. You can only sale your firearms and accessories to the government, at your local PD or sheriff’s office, no questions asked, and the guns are then destroyed. Hell, even let the government pay current retail price so there’s no excuse not to sale it to the government.

sell

14 minutes ago, B00M said:

This. NICS should be available to the public. Asking for a CHL is smart but your only alternative is to transfer through an FFL and pay a fee.

Absolutely. At a minimum, simply require FFLs to do transfers at no charge and throw people is prison for a long time if they do a transfer outside of the system.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's been days since the shooting and the timeline of events described by the authorities still doesn't make sense.  They are saying that the killer or the cops (depending on the report) barricaded the killer into a room full of children that the killer spent around an hour murdering. 

But then there's this report that the killer was apparently walking freely around the school when the cops entered???

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hell, the fact that Joe Public doesn't have a way to run a background check himself is just insane.

If you want a really insane experience, try calling the county sheriff and asking them to scan their system for a serial number on a gun that you are trying to ensure is not stolen or missing before you purchase it.

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Agreed but my issue with this is it's another distraction along the lines of "hardening the schools" and "Robert Francis O'Rourke!!1!1!1 derp derp derp!.... 

Law enforcement's response isn't the primary concern for me because whether or not these specific cowards had been brave enough to stop the massacre sooner, the existential threat of mass gun violence still remains as long as the Death Cult Religion of The Gun Seditionist Party of Ghoulish Assholes controls law-making in Texas and beyond

GUN CONTROL NOW.. 

Not to mention that having a single entrance would have meant fuck all in this instance.  The killer waltzed right by multiple armed cops to enter the school.

When the cops came, the cop said: 'Yell if you need help!' And one of the persons in my class said 'help.' The [shooter] overheard and he came in and shot her," the boy said

If that's true that is completely against accepted procedure. Years ago they eliminated code words, signs slid under the door or anything else that can give away a hiding position.

The procedure in our school is that you stay hidden in lockdown behind a locked door and do nothing to let on where you are. You ignore PA announcements to come out, even from a trusted voice or the principal since they could be under threat of death. 

You aren't cleared to exit lockdown until someone comes with the keys and personally releases your room.

• Hook 'Em 1

So they can hold down the fort against concerned parents until some border patrol guy comes down from Timbuktu/wherever Todd Orlando stashes his blitzers

Todd Orlando wasn’t great, but don’t sass him by associating him with those cowards.
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

When the cops came, the cop said: 'Yell if you need help!' And one of the persons in my class said 'help.' The [shooter] overheard and he came in and shot her," the boy said

Wait, how was the shooter able to identify who yelled for help if he was outside of the room? 

32 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

GUN CONTROL NOW..

I agree.  But the fact that there were "good guys with guns" at many of these massacres who didn't do jack shit undercuts the right wing argument that having armed guards at schools is the answer (setting aside that those fucks don't acknowledge that schools are already underfunded in so many ways and they don't see to want to fix that).

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If you want a really insane experience, try calling the county sheriff and asking them to scan their system for a serial number on a gun that you are trying to ensure is not stolen or missing before you purchase it.

See.....  that experience simply shouldn't exist.  Anyone buying a gun who isn't sure whether it was stolen or missing is part of the problem.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

No, they won’t. They’ll tell themselves they’re heroes and did everything they could have possibly done.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Yep, if police with the equipment and training were in a position to act and did not, how can you expect an untrained and under-armed teacher to?

You can’t — unless your only real aim is to bring about the collapse of public education entirely.

Goshdarnit, MAYBE you're on to something there!

We arm cops like soldiers not to protect us, or to uphold the law......but to keep people we don't like in line.  As several have jokingly already said, tell those cops the guy inside is an unarmed black man with dope on him, and they'd have tripped over themselves rushing inside to put him in a chokehold.

We hamstring our teachers in a thousand ways, and are currently having insane rallies and political movements aimed at doing more of that, and the key proposed "solution" to this problem is.....take the same people we won't trust to even mention the fact that Texas was a slave state, and make them carry a firearm in the classroom.  While these folks' political publications are LITERALLY publishing pieces saying "see, schools are unsafe, you should homeschool."  The extermination of public education is their stated goal.  We should believe what they tell us.

We traffic in lies and cruelty as our greatest political treasures.  We arm police not to protect anyone, but to inflict harm on those we don't like.  We are working feverishly to exterminate public education.  If this country isn't presently Hell, one has to admire our dedication and efforts to turn it into Hell and right soon.

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Absolutely. At a minimum, simply require FFLs to do transfers at no charge and throw people is prison for a long time if they do a transfer outside of the system.  

Who gives a fuck what you think?  As long as the GQP has power, none of what we discuss here will ever, ever, ever, ever happen.  Period, full stop.  See below:

31 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Since you ignored my predawn reply have another.

28 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I agree.  But the fact that there were "good guys with guns" at many of these massacres who didn't do jack shit undercuts the right wing argument that having armed guards at schools is the answer (setting aside that those fucks don't acknowledge that schools are already underfunded in so many ways and they don't see to want to fix that).

Let me keep this uncharacteristically short: the evidence definitively shows that the "we need a good guy with a gun" approach is completely wrong.  "Good guys with guns" are not capable of stopping an assault by a determined shooter with a high-capacity weapon.  So stop suggesting it.  It doesn't work.

So let me get this right.

1) Cops arrived and sat around and instead of swarming a shooter they argued and actively fought with parents? 
2) Cops were stopped by a locked door - not blocked, just locked - and waited for a key to enter ... after shooting had stopped? 
3) Cops went in and got their kids out and bolted instead of confronting a murderer? 

OK, Jan. 

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article261803917.html#storylink=bignews_latest

Photos of an AR-15 style rifle, the type of gun used during Tuesday’s mass school shooting in Uvalde, were reportedly shown at a Fort Worth elementary school on Wednesday during what was supposed to be a career day presentation.

According to a Fort Worth schools employee, a Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office deputy presented during a career day event on Wednesday morning at E.M. Daggett Elementary School.

The presentation appeared to include pictures of AR-15 rifles, according to a photo shared with the Star-Telegram.

In the photo, an image of a poster titled “A Liberal’s Guide to the Deadly AR-15” is highlighted on Google Images. The poster describes the different components of the rifle.

Also seen in the photo is a tab open to the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office’s website.

A spokesperson for the Tarrant Count Sheriff’s Office said the deputy’s presentation did not include anything about AR-15s, but that further information on the incident wasn’t immediately available.

The school district employee said the rifle type, which has been at the center of gun control and mass shooting debates for years, was being discussed with young students.

In a statement to parents, Daggett Elementary Principal Kendall Miller wrote that he was informed that “one of the presentations by a local public safety agency included information that was not age-appropriate.”

image0_fitted.jpeg

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

People like this guy deserve everything you can give him…

They should have turned the camera on him and gone live with a big headline "BREAKING NEWS: CRAZED MAN HARASSES KVUE REPORTER DARANESHA HERRON!"

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Goshdarnit, MAYBE you're on to something there!

We arm cops like soldiers not to protect us, or to uphold the law......but to keep people we don't like in line.  As several have jokingly already said, tell those cops the guy inside is an unarmed black man with dope on him, and they'd have tripped over themselves rushing inside to put him in a chokehold.

We hamstring our teachers in a thousand ways, and are currently having insane rallies and political movements aimed at doing more of that, and the key proposed "solution" to this problem is.....take the same people we won't trust to even mention the fact that Texas was a slave state, and make them carry a firearm in the classroom.  While these folks' political publications are LITERALLY publishing pieces saying "see, schools are unsafe, you should homeschool."  The extermination of public education is their stated goal.  We should believe what they tell us.

We traffic in lies and cruelty as our greatest political treasures.  We arm police not to protect anyone, but to inflict harm on those we don't like.  We are working feverishly to exterminate public education.  If this country isn't presently Hell, one has to admire our dedication and efforts to turn it into Hell and right soon.

We severely underpay our teachers relative to their importance to a healthy society.  That’s just for the role of providing a decent baseline education for the most people.  Then we expect them to act as counselor and mentor to their students, but only within strict guidelines of state-sanctioned morality and ethics.  Next we are going to ask them to be a militia policing our schools.  To risk life and limb in a role that has no overlap with their primary mission and training.

Who the fuck wants that job?  At less than $50k a year?  And if no one wants that job, how does public education do anything but decay?  And if public education just decays to where it’s offering little to no value, why would anyone want to pay for it?  And if the masses are ignorant and uneducated, how are they able to hold their elected officials accountable?  And if elected officials are never held accountable, how do we ever have a world better than the present one they lord over?

We don’t.  I don’t necessarily think that’s a bonafide plan being executed to achieve that as a desired outcome.  But it doesn’t matter, it is what is happening.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Ladies and gentlemen, Senator Ted Cruz (R) - Texas.

Cruz was attending a vigil for the victims of the Robb Elementary School shooting when he was grilled by Sky News reporter Mark Stone about overhauling gun laws in the U.S. The senator began by dismissing calls for reform by saying “It’s easy to go to politics.” He added: “The proposals the Democrats have? None of them would have stopped this.” (Cruz had earlier called to “harden schools” by fitting in new bulletproof glass and only having “one door into and out of the school” during a Fox News interview.)

But when Stone asked why there was an “American exceptionalism” when it comes to mass shootings, Cruz decided to wrap things up in a hurry. “I’m sorry you think American exceptionalism is awful,” he said, patting the reporter on the chest, adding: “You know what? You’ve got your political agenda, God love you,” before walking away from the TV crew.

Stone went after Cruz, saying he “can’t answer” why mass shootings are a uniquely American problem. Visibly angry, Cruz replied: “Why is it that people come from all over the world to America? ‘Cause it’s the freest, most prosperous, safest country on earth. Stop being a propagandist,” before heading for the exit once again.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He deserves a kick in this ass. Asking those questions as he's trying to create his own "gotcha" video is pretty damn hypocritical.

The media deserves some culpability, but "hey, let's just stop reporting on these mass shootings" isn't a realistic solution.

This isn't that complicated though and no one is asking to stop reporting on them at all. Agree as a society to stop saying the mass murderers name, stop exploring their motives and lives. They're all essentially the same. Exclusively focus on the victims and their families.

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

If that's true that is completely against accepted procedure. Years ago they eliminated code words, signs slid under the door or anything else that can give away a hiding position.

The procedure in our school is that you stay hidden in lockdown behind a locked door and do nothing to let on where you are. You ignore PA announcements to come out, even from a trusted voice or the principal since they could be under threat of death. 

You aren't cleared to exit lockdown until someone comes with the keys and personally releases your room.

Well yeah, the kids, teachers, and staff all have drills on what to do when something like this happens.  The cops?  Not so much.

24 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Great stuff Herschel, I think you’ve solved it. 

good fucking god.  even with the advances in helmet technology since the 80's and 90's...if i had a son, i would not let him anywhere near a football field. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, sidis said:

good fucking god.  even with the advances in helmet technology since the 80's and 90's...if i had a son, i would not let him anywhere near a football field. 

When you listen to Herschel bump his gums, you're hearing as much intelligence as you would have if Aaron Hernandez survived his own hanging after several minutes of no blood flowing to the brain.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread