Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that plays directly in to the hands of the fascists who want to cover up their voting record on gun ownership, gun data, gun sales, and mental healthcare

What? We don't need the psycho's name and life story to learn any of that.

Tangentially, do you think our government's slide into fascism is going to stop if American citizens no longer have guns? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

Gov. Abbott cancels NRA trip, will travel to Uvalde instead.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/home/article/Gov-Abbott-will-travel-to-Uvalde-instead-of-NRA-17202273.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral

the governor isn't showing up to the NRA convention because Texans & the world are holding him accountable for what happens next.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

L O Fuckin L

"Abbott will still deliver remarks at the NRA event, but via a pre-recorded video, a spokesman said."

• Rage+1 1

I’ve come up with a brilliant solution for the US gun problem (in lieu of actually doing something about guns). 

Require that to carry, use or otherwise pick up a gun, you must be attired in an English fox hunting outfit. Gun culture would disappear overnight (tops and tails clash with goatees and oakleys), you could instantly recognize who is packing, and it would class up the place a bit.D8CFAD6C-881A-4E01-8B84-9CFEDDFF50E7.jpeg.e2ce3aa0ae204bf1a4e253020d4fbe87.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

There it is. Because I like guns and target shooting means I like kids getting killed. Stop watching msnbc bro.

Tell me, and be honest. Me going out and target shooting with my boys, does that (to you) mean I like murder of kids? Yes or no answer please.

He didn’t say you like kids getting killed. Of course you don’t. But what he is saying is that your own selfish interest over owning assault rifles is more important to you than putting in some simple, basic gun control measures.

• Hook 'Em 7

My position is clear that my ar15 won’t and never will kill a single person. Taking it away from me will still have the same statistics on deaths.

A f150 can kill a person as well with them texting. Let’s take away the ability to text or drive an f150 just to be safe. Same stats from me on this as well.

Mental health. This should be the focus.

You're a fucking dumb piece of shit. We live in this country too. We're done laying down for fucking cowardly pricks like you. You are the minority. Shut the fuck up and get out of the way. 

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

He didn’t say you like kids getting killed. Of course you don’t. But what he is saying is that your own selfish interest over owning assault rifles is more important to you than putting in some simple, basic gun control measures.

He probably doesn't like it, but he sure as hell isn't bothered by it very much.

Vote for people to allow this to happen? No, I don’t vote democrat like in Chicago and Detroit where they don’t allow this to happen.

You are an idiotic, irredeemable, shittastic cunt.  And yeah, you are totally ok with dead kids as your fucking guns are obviously more important to you than anything else.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are an idiotic, irredeemable, shittastic cunt.  And yeah, you are totally ok with dead kids as your fucking guns are obviously more important to you than anything else.  

Being cursed w/ a micro penis is extremely tough to deal with, apparently. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

Showing my work is super easy.

My guns have never, ever, jumped out of my safe and killed a single person. It’s crazy. I have over 20 in there. You would think one day they would just go on a killing spree. But no, I keep them locked up.

How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

How about this compromise. Current gun owners keep their AR15s but no new sales. That would have stopped what happened on Tuesday. That’s a start.

Wow random DP separated by a full nights sleep.

7 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Also, current gun owners cannot sell their guns.  They also cannot gift them.  Gotta close all those loopholes.

Agree.

2 hours ago, bonnieblue said:

I’ve come up with a brilliant solution for the US gun problem (in lieu of actually doing something about guns). 

Require that to carry, use or otherwise pick up a gun, you must be attired in an English fox hunting outfit. Gun culture would disappear overnight (tops and tails clash with goatees and oakleys), you could instantly recognize who is packing, and it would class up the place a bit.D8CFAD6C-881A-4E01-8B84-9CFEDDFF50E7.jpeg.e2ce3aa0ae204bf1a4e253020d4fbe87.jpeg

Bad idea.  You're choosing a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.  They'd embrace it and we'd be terrorized by freaks in top hats that wouldn't care about how it clashes with goatees and oakleys. 

Quote messed up.

Chief Art left out legal obligation. Cops do not have to protect us.

Can someone please tell me this isn’t what happened - those cops let those 19 kids and 2 teachers die to keep the killer contained. There’s no way that was the call, is there?

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Clockwork Orange Milk GIF

Brother, we were dressed in the height of Maga fashion which in those days were red tailed coats, aggy boots, oakleys and goatees on our litsos, and Abe Lincoln tophats on our gullivers.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Art throwing Shade…

Also…

I don’t know where Art gets that idea. Firemen train to put their lives at risk in order to save others. Cops are routinely told that job number one is to go home alive. Much better if a couple cops had given their lives to save little children but that’s not how they’re trained. They’re trained that as long as they make it home alive then it was a good day. 

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

c1d0cea578f2b7fcd45e95ae00959ef9.jpg

We need a re-make of Fela Kuti's "Coffin for Head of State".  After the Nigerian military threw his mother out a window and burned his house down he took dropped off a coffin in front of the building where the Vice-President and military leader were staying.

We need a re-make of Fela Kuti's "Coffin for Head of State".  After the Nigerian military threw his mother out a window and burned his house down he took dropped off a coffin in front of the building where the Vice-President and military leader were staying.

Why stop at one? Buy / build 21 coffins and leave them in front of the capital with the names of these kids and others that have died under Abbott’s watch.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Crazy. I actually have two AR15 rifles and an AR10. The AR10 is a long range rifle. All 3 guns have never, ever, jumped out of my gun safe and killed people.

Also, my grandfather was killed before I knew him. Killed by a drunk driver in 1970. I never got to fish with him, or go to a Texas game with him ( he was there which is why I am a diehard). I don’t want cars outlawed. It’s not the cars fault.

Those kids' lives should be worth way more than your god damn guns.  But 40% of this fucked up country are as brain dead as you.

Fucker.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, B00M said:

What? We don't need the psycho's name and life story to learn any of that.

Tangentially, do you think our government's slide into fascism is going to stop if American citizens no longer have guns? 

Interesting question. The problem is that the fascists and the gun ownership rights crowd are practically the same people. I’m sure there are exceptions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Those kids' lives should be worth way more than your god damn guns.  But 40% of this fucked up country are as brain dead as you.
Fucker.

As mentioned, my guns are still not killing anybody. Taking guns won’t fix the problem and if you really believe that you are the brain dead one.
  • Fuck You 13

Crazy. I actually have two AR15 rifles and an AR10. The AR10 is a long range rifle. All 3 guns have never, ever, jumped out of my gun safe and killed people.

Also, my grandfather was killed before I knew him. Killed by a drunk driver in 1970. I never got to fish with him, or go to a Texas game with him ( he was there which is why I am a diehard). I don’t want cars outlawed. It’s not the cars fault.

IT'S THE GUNS STUPID.

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN THE GUNS.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

As mentioned, my guns are still not killing anybody. Taking guns won’t fix the problem and if you really believe that you are the brain dead one.

It's people like you who need to be shown the pictures of the dead kids. That's your belief and value system at work. The cost of you having guns in your safe that you'll never use is someone else's kids getting shot in the face.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

It’s PEOPLE. it’s the person. Figure out the issue with mentality.

Make you a deal right here, right now.  Take away all the guns the government can get its hands on.  ALL OF THEM.

Wait two years.

If gun deaths are lower in two years the guns NEVER come back.  NEVER.

If gun deaths are higher in two years, every citizen of the US receives three AR-15's or other instrument of death of your choosing along with 1,000 rounds of ammunition free of charge from the government.

You taking that deal?  I sure as hell am willing to take my chances on it because I know for a fact gun deaths are going to be lower in this absurd (yet awesome) scenario.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have a gun safe. Only me and my wife have the code. My kids can’t even get a pellet gun out of there without us.

My entire point is that getting rid of guns from law abiding and responsible owners will not change anything. Why is this so hard? It is mesmerizing to me. My guns aren’t going to jump out of the safe and kill people. My pencils in the drawer aren’t jumping out and spelling words wrong.

It’s PEOPLE. it’s the person. Figure out the issue with mentality.

Here’s the deal, dipshit. We’ve figured out the solution. It’s gun control. 

You don’t like that solution? Okay, then. Propose a different one. Be specific. Tell us what your plan is for reducing gun violence without reducing the circulation of guns. Don’t just wave your hand and say “Y’all figure this mental health shit out.” If you think there’s a different way to solve this problem, tell us what that is and how you plan to implement it.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Here’s the deal, dipshit. We’ve figured out the solution. It’s gun control. 

You don’t like that solution? Okay, then. Propose a different one. Be specific. Tell us what your plan is for reducing gun violence without reducing the circulation of guns. Don’t just wave your hand and say “Y’all figure this mental health shit out.” If you think there’s a different way to solve this problem, tell us what that is and how you plan to implement it.

I have a solution.  End the manufacturing and sale of .223 and .556 ammo for domestic consumption.   Limit the maximum monthly purchase of rifle caliber ammo to 10 rounds a month.    

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF (R) SHIT.

People like you are exactly why we are where we are. Congrats on being a rube for evil mfers who don't give two shits about you or your kids.

I mean…

Uvlade

Parkland

Pulse

El Paso

Sutherland Springs

Fort Hood

Santa Fe HS

Sounds like real shitty R state leadership in the 2 stupidest states  

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Taking guns would definitely fix the problem of guns being used to kill people.  You're absolutely brain dead if you don't understand that. 

And we could have prevented this tragedy with much less than that. He purchased the guns right before the shooting.  A background check and six week waiting period on gun purchases would have prevented this tragedy. And so would have increasing the minimum age to purchase.  And so would have requiring all gun owners to be licensed and pass safety courses and a mental health screening. Really, just the bare minimum of regulation here would have helped tremendously. 

I also think the only way to convince you of any of this is to have your kids be the ones shot next time. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sounds like real shitty R state leadership in the 2 stupidest states  

It’s even worse - After Parkland, Florida raised the minimum age for firearms purchases to 21 and enacted red flag laws.

The Texas Rs are terrible. I’m beginning to think Greg Abbott’s deal with the devil requires him to bathe in the blood of children killed by guns. 

Edited by hornmpa96
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It seems hard to amend the constitution.

An amendment may be proposed by a two-thirds vote of both Houses of Congress, or, if two-thirds of the States request one, by a convention called for that purpose. The amendment must then be ratified by three-fourths of the State legislatures, or three-fourths of conventions called in each State for ratification.

.https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-constitution/#:~:text=An amendment may be proposed,in each State for ratification.

It seems an easier solution is to amend the SC's interpretation of the 2nd amendment.  I may be wrong, but I think packing the SC can be completed with a simple majority of the Senate after doing away with the filibuster - or maybe they already did away with the filibuster when it comes adding SC justices. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

It seems hard to amend the constitution.

.https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-constitution/#:~:text=An amendment may be proposed,in each State for ratification.

It seems an easier solution is to amend the SC's interpretation of the 2nd amendment.  I may be wrong, but I think packing the SC can be completed with a simple majority of the Senate after doing away with the filibuster - or maybe they already did away with the filibuster when it comes adding SC justices. 

It is extremely difficult, but we should still talk about it.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread