Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

59 minutes ago, B00M said:

There are plenty of good reasons to crack open a door and this is certainly not any teacher's fault. The asshole was shooting through windows. He was going to find a way in.

But protecting 10 year olds from covid.. today? Is "Joanne" just making that up? I can't find any other source suggesting it. 

Good air circulation is as plausible an explanation as any. Is there any indication she did it for another reason? 

Not gonna get bent by rando twitter comments. It's South Texas in late May. Good air circulation is good whatever your motives. 

The simple fact remains that the teachers did their job while the cops did Fuck all in the parking lot. And to top it off some brass gets up and points at her as if she was to blame.

FUCK THAT

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s full of shit. The GOP is going through the same dance they always do. The last thing they’ll ever do is suggest police reform or gun control. Things that, you know, might actually work to cut down on needless deaths of civilians whether they’re little children or unarmed black men.

Police reform? Lol no. Did you watch Hot Wheels presser? I could only watch the first couple of minutes but he got to play outraged leader that promises to get to the bottom of this!

'this' being the police response and the subsequent lies that were given. Not the actual 'this'.

55 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That’s an interesting take. Me and my boys who are in middle school shoot shotguns and rifles. We do clay targets as well. We are doing tomorrow actually. Shoot some clays. My 9 year old is new to this. Oh well. I know him. He won’t murder people.

It's a fucking game to you.

• Mental health = game
  • Ensuring mentally ill don't have access to guns = game

Reading your response, I can sense the middle school smirk.

You absolutely revel in this: Mark Stanco. Go ahead and Pick a 3 digit number on covid cases children's deaths at schools from semi-automatic rifles on Google. Dumbass troll. Hope your company doesn't get hacked again due to your idiocy and incompetence.

Are you still blaming Obama for your abject failure to profit during an oil boom?

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Dude they're currently waging a battle against big business. We're in fucking crazytown.

Cops aren’t big business and the GOP is only critical of the tech companies who silence their fascist messaging. They’re still fully in the pockets of the weapons manufacturers and the fossil fuel industry and there’s nothing more they like to do than accuse the Dems of trying to “Defund the police!” which none of them actually do. 

39 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Cops aren’t big business and the GOP is only critical of the tech companies who silence their fascist messaging. They’re still fully in the pockets of the weapons manufacturers and the fossil fuel industry and there’s nothing more they like to do than accuse the Dems of trying to “Defund the police!” which none of them actually do. 

They don't have to tie this to some broader movement. They're literally just going to do a "LOOK! OVER THERE!" and society will get its pound of flesh and move on and nothing will change.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I will celebrate like I never had whenever trump and cruz die.  Hopefully, both deaths will be long, painful, drawn-out affairs. 

Cruz is such a fucked up cuck he would probably fap during his own death.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is that real or just twitter bullshit?

Source is an interview from the WSJ. It has been picked up by other news sources since.

"Gomez also said she saw other parents being thrown to the ground and pepper-sprayed by law enforcement. "

https://upnorthlive.com/news/nation-world/police-handcuffed-pepper-sprayed-parents-of-shooting-victims-wsj-says

That's Michigan. It's her word against the cops right now. 

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all got a dildo control law???

Ahem

The case was actually an important battle concerning privacy and free-speech rights. In 2004, companies that owned Austin stores selling sex toys and a retail distributor of such products challenged a Texas law outlawing the sale and promotion of supposedly obscene devices. Under the law, a person who violated the statute could go to jail for up to two years. At the time, only three states—Mississippi, Alabama, and Virginia—had similar laws.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas/

yeah. So there's that.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Source is an interview from the WSJ. It has been picked up by other news sources since.

"Gomez also said she saw other parents being thrown to the ground and pepper-sprayed by law enforcement. "

https://upnorthlive.com/news/nation-world/police-handcuffed-pepper-sprayed-parents-of-shooting-victims-wsj-says

That's Michigan. It's her word against the cops right now. 

Thanks. I was questioning the part about the cop just pulling his own kids out. I did not know about this one woman going commando and getting to her kids to rescue them. Twitter gets information out fast but sometimes gets it very wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

That’s an interesting take. Me and my boys who are in middle school shoot shotguns and rifles. We do clay targets as well. We are doing tomorrow actually. Shoot some clays. My 9 year old is new to this. Oh well. I know him. He won’t murder people.

Hey you dumb fucking cunt coward kid-killing voter.....ANSWER THE QUESTIONS YOU'VE BEEN ASKED.

I respect Cruz and Trump more for going to the NRA and rubbing it in everyone’s faces. Far more than the Cornyns and Crenshaws and Abbots of the world who found “schedule conflicts” or sent a video message and will still get A+ grades from the NRA. Trump and Cruz are just ghouls and don’t even pretend not to be, and a lot of Texas is OK with that. 

The “it’s mental health” people need to tell us what their idea is.  I have one— allow police and family and doctors to put a red flag in a nationwide system to keep people in a crisis from purchasing a firearm.  Have a transparent, state financed system to appeal and get flags removed. 

If your idea is that we should just institutionalize everyone who posts sick shit on TikTok, and you claim to be on the side of smaller government, lower taxes, and individual rights, take a step back and literally fuck your own face.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, pacman said:

Somebody going to tell Cruz that school shootings like Columbine pre-date everything that idiot listed.

There’s a very good reason that the GQP rhetoric has shifted from “mental health” to “broken homes and church attendance.” 

Mental health is something that the government can do something about, in a measurable way with dollars. By punting to this, they can do absolutely nothing except rhetorical culture warring. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s a very good reason that the GQP rhetoric has shifted from “mental health” to “broken homes and church attendance.” 

Mental health is something that the government can do something about, in a measurable way with dollars. By punting to this, they can do absolutely nothing except rhetorical culture warring. 

Just wait until we're a full-on Republican fascist state and going to a Christian church is made mandatory by law. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Have they tried hardening the school? Metal detectors, strip searches? 

That's a start but if we're serious about preventing gun violence, we need to mount some of these at every entrance.

DimwittedCloseBaleenwhale-size_restricte

• Hook 'Em 1

I said the same thing in a school shooting thread in DT some years back, might have even been on Shaggy. The usual suspects were incredulous. I’m sure they still are.

I’m pretty sure they’re all MIA because their erections haven’t gone down from seeing pictures of the shooter’s ARs.

Texas Penal Code 43.23
(f)  A person who possesses six or more obscene devices or identical or similar obscene articles is presumed to possess them with intent to promote the same.

Our state literally prohibits people from promoting good feels.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Eye opening graphic.

According to USA Today, cited by AAS here:

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/05/26/what-gun-used-texas-school-shooting-ar-15/9940849002/

AR15s have only been used in 12 mass shootings since 2012? That doesn't seem right?

That line is also right when Facebook was created, then twitter, iphones in '07... The big purple dot at '07 is VTech. It was the most covered news event of the year:

https://www.pewresearch.org/journalism/2007/04/23/pej-news-coverage-index-april-15-20-2007/

VTech was perpetrated using 22LR and 9mm pistols. 22LR is a tiny round with barely more kick than a pellet gun (see image for reference).

These events consume people's attention in a way they simply couldn't prior to the approximately the red line.

If the motive is infamy in the digital age, and ARs have only been used in 12 of those dots, an AWB would have limited if any impact. 

Raising the age of ownership of semi autos for young males, waiting periods for young males, criminalize failure to secure firearms, and red flag laws are where I'd put my attention. Negligent storage laws and red flag laws exist in a limited number of states.

main-qimg-ab7ec2e9df26a1afc268032e6ddd41ab-lq.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Eye opening graphic.
According to USA Today, cited by AAS here:
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/05/26/what-gun-used-texas-school-shooting-ar-15/9940849002/
AR15s have only been used in 12 mass shootings since 2012? That doesn't seem right?
That line is also right when Facebook was created, then twitter, iphones in '07... The big purple dot at '07 is VTech. It was the most covered news event of the year:
https://www.pewresearch.org/journalism/2007/04/23/pej-news-coverage-index-april-15-20-2007/
VTech was perpetrated using 22LR and 9mm pistols. 22LR is a tiny round with barely more kick than a pellet gun (see image for reference).
These events consume people's attention in a way they simply couldn't prior to the approximately the red line.
If the motive is infamy in the digital age, and ARs have only been used in 12 of those dots, an AWB would have limited if any impact. 
Raising the age of ownership of semi autos for young males, waiting periods for young males, criminalize failure to secure firearms, and red flag laws are where I'd put my attention. Negligent storage laws and red flag laws exist in a limited number of states.
main-qimg-ab7ec2e9df26a1afc268032e6ddd41ab-lq.jpeg.b18384975260f02875ef5e48436a14ac.jpeg

Yep. That’s why, IMO, magazine capacity limits across all platforms are the way to go.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread