2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Don’t be naive.  Sark feeds their sources. My stance is fuck ketch and chip.  But everyone else?  They’ve hit soft on sark. So sark comes off as a douchebag to many.  Let’s hope he makes a bowl game this year.  

pretty sure you are the only one thinking this way.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

EricNahlin

Staff member

9 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

In the last hour I’ve had some new people reach out to me to shed some light on the events of the day. I don’t know them well but their stories are congruent so I’m inclined to believe them. I appreciate them for reaching out.

If they’re accurate, and I think they are, the read should have been Quinn Ewers was going to win the job, and probably even before the first scrimmage if not before camp. Yes, Ewers and Card have been pretty even throughout August but the staff had a good idea it was going with Ewers for at least the last week, but probably well before then.

How did we run bad info? Well, it aligned with what we were hearing about Card having the marginally better camp. It also aligned with some other, more private data points. We clearly over-weighted one particular source’s info. He has been very good to us in the past, and like I said, it aligned with some other stuff. Confirmation bias is probably the number one credibility killer in this line of work.

Given the context of this competition, it’s not very conventional. So even though we believe Card has been a little bit ahead on the field right now, it doesn’t mean he has clear advantages across the board.

We’ve heard one of the things that really tilted this in Quinn’s favor was the perception they’ll be able to rely on 12 personnel and run play-action to simplify Ewers’ decision making. He’s also been spending a lot of extra time with AJ Milwee and we can deduce that’s paying dividends in the minds of the coaches. And yes, he was really good in the red zone recently (but this was likely decided before then).

Very frustrating day personally. I care about being right almost more than anything else. Hopefully it was a good day for the program, though.

This is goddamn art work. 

• Hook 'Em 2

All media, specially 9.95s think they are celebrities and want to be the story when all they should be doing is communicating the story.  Their egos get the best of them and they start to think they are more important than they really are.   Sometimes they need to be reminded of their position in this dynamic.  Just report the news.  Stop trying to stir shit up for clicks.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

All media, specially 9.95s think they are celebrities and want to be the story when all they should be doing is communicating the story.  Their egos get the best of them and they start to think they are more important than they really are.   Sometimes they need to be reminded of their position in this dynamic.  Just report the news.  Stop trying to stir shit up for clicks.   

This is 2022 sir.  No chance of that happening.

13 minutes ago, stork642 said:

How many practices were even open to these dipshits, anyway? They can't objectively report on what they haven't seen. Obviously, their "sources" intentionally blew smoke up their asses.

Nice work, Sark

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

EricNahlin

Staff member

9 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

In the last hour I’ve had some new people reach out to me to shed some light on the events of the day. I don’t know them well but their stories are congruent so I’m inclined to believe them. I appreciate them for reaching out.

If they’re accurate, and I think they are, the read should have been Quinn Ewers was going to win the job, and probably even before the first scrimmage if not before camp. Yes, Ewers and Card have been pretty even throughout August but the staff had a good idea it was going with Ewers for at least the last week, but probably well before then.

How did we run bad info? Well, it aligned with what we were hearing about Card having the marginally better camp. It also aligned with some other, more private data points. We clearly over-weighted one particular source’s info. He has been very good to us in the past, and like I said, it aligned with some other stuff. Confirmation bias is probably the number one credibility killer in this line of work.

Given the context of this competition, it’s not very conventional. So even though we believe Card has been a little bit ahead on the field right now, it doesn’t mean he has clear advantages across the board.

We’ve heard one of the things that really tilted this in Quinn’s favor was the perception they’ll be able to rely on 12 personnel and run play-action to simplify Ewers’ decision making. He’s also been spending a lot of extra time with AJ Milwee and we can deduce that’s paying dividends in the minds of the coaches. And yes, he was really good in the red zone recently (but this was likely decided before then).

Very frustrating day personally. I care about being right almost more than anything else. Hopefully it was a good day for the program, though.

This makes it sound like Card or Card’s dad was the source. Also how the fuck do they know about anything on the field? I don’t fully buy the practice reports, but I most certainly don’t think the football IQ of these writers is better than our coaches 

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

It serves them right. All they have done is undermine the program somewhat gleefully for dollar bills. I’m glad the locker room isn’t a source of leaks. I’m glad they were fed disinformation. They have done nothing but try and tear down the program they claim they give a fuck about. Apologize to your readers and for your shit reporting and fuck off stage left.

I agree w/ most of all of this except the apologies. Those fucking fucked fuckers can just fuck off.  It's nice to have multiple platforms covering Texas football, but I get tired of the constant negative crap. Glad to see 'em get played and choke on their own vomit.  

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I am going to steal from Babers on this point. Quinn was the one meeting Neyor, Manning, and Addison. Worthy changed his social media page to a picture of Ewers. Babers basically said Ewers won the locker room the moment he got to Texas. I am sure people have other reasons, but I thought that was an interesting data point 

Babers had a good take this afternoon. He knew Quinn was the guy simply because of the way the play makers reacted to him.  Worthy changed his picture the day Ewers committed; he knew who his QB was.  If it wasn't QE, Sark was gonna have some new locker room problems.

We need a QB who can hit a long pass. Its been 10 damn years!

You guys and gals are my heroes. Your wit and sarcasm, warped sense of humor, and passion for Texas Football always puts a smile on my face.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/18/2022 at 5:42 PM, BrazilHorn said:

Fuck all this Card talk. Sark needs to name Ewers QB1, push his chips into the middle of the fucking table and go for it.

No QB "controversy" just get the fuck to work. Quit wasting reps with the ones on Card. Just stupid.

Okay Mr. Bianco, why did you wait this long to tell Sark your announcement strategy? 

12 minutes ago, PTINS said:

I agree w/ most of all of this except the apologies. Those fucking fucked fuckers can just fuck off.  It's nice to have multiple platforms covering Texas football, but I get tired of the constant negative crap. Glad to see 'em get played and choke on their own vomit.  

Babers had a good take this afternoon. He knew Quinn was the guy simply because of the way the play makers reacted to him.  Worthy changed his picture the day Ewers committed; he knew who his QB was.  If it wasn't QE, Sark was gonna have some new locker room problems.

We need a QB who can hit a long pass. Its been 10 damn years!

That's why if he did indeed go with Card it meant Ewers was way worse from a preparation standpoint than any of us thought when he transferred.  That's why the idea of going with Card was so devastating. It would have meant Ewers wasn't what he was made out to be.

Sark called in favors to get Ewers here and paid because he didn't believe a QB he could win with was on campus. 

27 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

The notion that Sark deliberately played Ketch/OB on this is really silly to me. Sark knows Hudson. He's worked with him week in and week out for two years now. He knows his family members on a first name basis. He's seen him work his ass off for months, waiting to get word about Sark's decision. Sark knows what this decision meant to a kid that means a lot to him.

If Sark actually decided to leak to the press that Hudson was going to get the job (knowing he intended to do the opposite) just to fucking destroy the kid the next day, then he's an absolute fucking sociopath. And to what end? To find a leak? To embarrass a reporter?

Ketch wasn't the victims of some intricate, cloak and dagger scheme by Sark to deceive him--Ketch is just shit at his job.

Either:

It had nothing to do with Card. Card is there every day in practice he knows tbe truth. It's to set these parasitic asshole reporters straight and get them in line. To let then know they're a trash industry and if they want any access at all they need to come to heel. 

Or

These fucks just make shit up and every time one puts something out the others immediately copy it so they all see credible. But they're all just full of shit and have no sources. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

The notion that Sark deliberately played Ketch/OB on this is really silly to me. Sark knows Hudson. He's worked with him week in and week out for two years now. He knows his family members on a first name basis. He's seen him work his ass off for months, waiting to get word about Sark's decision. Sark knows what this decision meant to a kid that means a lot to him.

If Sark actually decided to leak to the press that Hudson was going to get the job (knowing he intended to do the opposite) just to fucking destroy the kid the next day, then he's an absolute fucking sociopath. And to what end? To find a leak? To embarrass a reporter?

Ketch wasn't the victims of some intricate, cloak and dagger scheme by Sark to deceive him--Ketch is just shit at his job.

I think there’s a decent chance that after Card got most of the first team reps yesterday, some people assumed that meant that he was trending towards getting the job without realizing that the plan was to then give Quinn the majority of the reps today, and then after Sark said that he knew who the starter was, they read the tea leaves as that being Card 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Either:

It had nothing to do with Card. Card is there every day in practice he knows tbe truth. It's to set these parasitic asshole reporters straight and get them in line. To let then know they're a trash industry and if they want any access at all they need to come to heel. 

Or

These fucks just make shit up and every time one puts something out the others immediately copy it so they all see credible. But they're all just full of shit and have no sources. 

They have plenty of sources. The issue is not having the right sources at the right moments

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Ketch deserves every bit of mockery headed his way for shitting the bed this thoroughly. That said, I can't bring myself to think he just straight up invented a source and spouted bullshit. I think most people thought it'd probably be Quinn (for good reason); that's why the story blew up in the first place. If you're gonna straight up lie about knowing the outcome of a QB battle, why stake your service's reputation (lol) on the underdog winning? Why not have your fake source just say "Sark is strongly leaning Quinn and it's a matter of time. The talent and upside are too much." 

There's probably a kernel of truth tucked away somewhere in what he reported. But that kernel probably came from someone with no idea what they were talking about--which he then incompetently investigated and irresponsibly published because, and this is key, he's a shit reporter.

• Hook 'Em 1