Loser cunt Kari Lake is holding Trumpy rallies now

Gil Bang

On 3/27/2024 at 8:49 AM, RomaVicta said:

She's just a weird haircut and some overtly racist, anti-democratic ejaculations away from being president.

I wouldn't be shocked if Trump picks her for Veep. She's his kind of people. TV grifter people.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I have an anti-vaxer cousin who has started talking in the Kari Lake voice. This is a step up from her older conversations about witches and curses in what she imagined to be King James scriptural patois.

Might'n your cuz be one of them hill people who still talks in that Elizabethan English they speak up in there? Or is it more of that hushpuppy plantation speech with a bunch of thous, thees, and thines?

• Drool 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Might'n your cuz be one of them hill people who still talks in that Elizabethan English they speak up in there? Or is it more of that hushpuppy plantation speech with a bunch of thous, thees, and thines?

Jokes on you guys, it's a Mandarin accent. We used to have a big rickshaw culture in Birmingham getting people to the airport, but like all good things it was destroyed by tech bros.  

On second thought, I will go with a Jasper accent, that seems a more reasoned guess.  

• Drool 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Nope. Actually pretty well-educated in real life, to add to the annoying factor. Used to be an artsy theater chick from Montevallo. Got a little culted out.

35 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Jokes on you guys, it's a Mandarin accent. We used to have a big rickshaw culture in Birmingham getting people to the airport, but like all good things it was destroyed by tech bros.  

On second thought, I will go with a Jasper accent, that seems a more reasoned guess.  

Ahh, you know Jimmy? Everybody knows Jimmy.

Jasper is almost Cockney at times. We stopped in the Jasper Mall to eat at Garfields. Girl asked us if we wanted a bay-ooth.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Who pulled the rickshaws?  The homeless?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Nope. Actually pretty well-educated in real life, to add to the annoying factor. Used to be an artsy theater chick from Montevallo. Got a little culted out.

Jasper is almost Cockney at times. We stopped in the Jasper Mall to eat at Garfields. Girl asked us if we wanted a bay-ooth.

Speaking of the Jasper Mall, there is a bizarre documentary on it's decline.  It features, and I'm not making this up, an Australian guy with a mix of an Australian and Alabama accent.  It's the kind of place that would be perfect for a Kari Lake VP rally.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Speaking of the Jasper Mall, there is a bizarre documentary on it's decline.  It features, and I'm not making this up, an Australian guy with a mix of an Australian and Alabama accent.  It's the kind of place that would be perfect for a Kari Lake VP rally.  

Ayup. I seent it. The rest of Jasper is fortunately doing better than its early-80s-vibe mall.

We found it by accident. We were on a drive NW on a misty day with "Autobahn" pumping out the speakers. Around Jasper we got hungry, just slid on into town using the old visual restaurant finders. At that point the mall was still running at about 90 per cent. Had never heard of Garfields, turns out it's an Applebee's clone aimed at small markets. At the time they still had a dozen or so locations nation-wide, and Corporate had gamely listed them all on a frosted glass sign, including Zanesville Ohio.

"Zanesville!" blurted Mrs. Canecutter, "I saw a dead rat outside a hotel room in Zanesville!"

I'm in Jasper for artsy shit once a year or so. I like dropping in for lunch at Garfields. It's like getting to be an extra in a 90s after-school movie. The mall is shriveling away but Garfields, peeking out of the front, still draws a crowd.

Almost every kid I meet who moved to Birmingham from Jasper used to work in Garfields. @MaybeaCoordinator walked past it during his Scotch-Irish Reconnection tour, but we had eaten already at the far-superior The Frosty Mug.

FrostyMug.webp

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

57 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Ayup. I seent it. The rest of Jasper is fortunately doing better than its early-80s-vibe mall.

We found it by accident. We were on a drive NW on a misty day with "Autobahn" pumping out the speakers. Around Jasper we got hungry, just slid on into town using the old visual restaurant finders. At that point the mall was still running at about 90 per cent. Had never heard of Garfields, turns out it's an Applebee's clone aimed at small markets. At the time they still had a dozen or so locations nation-wide, and Corporate had gamely listed them all on a frosted glass sign, including Zanesville Ohio.

"Zanesville!" blurted Mrs. Canecutter, "I saw a dead rat outside a hotel room in Zanesville!"

I'm in Jasper for artsy shit once a year or so. I like dropping in for lunch at Garfields. It's like getting to be an extra in a 90s after-school movie. The mall is shriveling away but Garfields, peeking out of the front, still draws a crowd.

Almost every kid I meet who moved to Birmingham from Jasper used to work in Garfields. @MaybeaCoordinator walked past it during his Scotch-Irish Reconnection tour, but we had eaten already at the far-superior The Frosty Mug.

That Ueli Kunkel wrote some cool tunes for a fucking nihilist. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

PHOENIX — This winter, Kari Lake was facing a daunting reality: The voters who rejected her in her 2022 run for governor could now jeopardize her entire political future.

If Lake — “Trump in heels,” as she has referred to herself — didn’t begin to quickly change the minds of those she had shunned or ridiculed, she could lose, again, in her 2024 Senate bid.

“I have never thought of myself as divisive. But it’s not enough for ME to believe that. I need to prove it,” Lake wrote in a social media post in December, acknowledging the need to step away from her tendencies to make incendiary comments and broaden her appeal.

Do you have a news tip? Let us know

But with just over seven months until the election, several key Arizona Republicans tell NBC News that they believe Lake’s campaign is facing an increasingly uphill battle.

“What I hear is, everybody has just resigned themselves that we’re going to be stuck with a Ruben Gallego — that’s what I hear from all the major players, the big-money people,” Shiree Verdone, a longtime GOP fundraiser in Arizona, said, referring to Lake’s Democratic Senate opponent. “I haven’t heard anyone say, ‘Kari Lake is going to win.’”

Lake continues to deny that Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election, tweeting this month about President Joe Biden: “81 million votes, my a--.” She continues to call her 2022 election loss “a sham,” promotes right-wing provocateurs like Laura Loomer, and hosts fundraising events with controversial political figures like Roger Stone at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club.

Since launching her Senate bid, Lake has set up meetings to mend relationships with other Republicans she cast aside during her run for governor, like Kathy Petsas, a former local party chair in Lake’s home legislative district. Lake’s campaign tweeted at her in 2022: “Kathy, You’re exactly the type of demographic that we feel no need to appeal to.”

“I don’t know one person that she’s gotten on her side of the people who she offended,” Petsas said, suggesting Lake’s overtures have fallen flat. “There’s nobody from my circle that she’s gained, and she’s even alienated some previous supporters, too, who I know.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

18 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Say what you will about the tenets of MAGA, at least it's a grift.

Here's what I will say about the tenets of MAGA ... it's an American fascist/theocratic movement aiming for a violent dictatorship ruled by Trump.

The grift is merely the side-hustle. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Since launching her Senate bid, Lake has set up meetings to mend relationships with other Republicans she cast aside during her run for governor, like Kathy Petsas, a former local party chair in Lake’s home legislative district. Lake’s campaign tweeted at her in 2022: “Kathy, You’re exactly the type of demographic that we feel no need to appeal to.”

“I don’t know one person that she’s gotten on her side of the people who she offended,” Petsas said, suggesting Lake’s overtures have fallen flat. “There’s nobody from my circle that she’s gained, and she’s even alienated some previous supporters, too, who I know.”

This is the one good thing about the MAGA types. They're too dumb to try and win people over and build a true coalition. And when they do try, it's (hopefully) too late.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Surly covers too much ground. My parents are from Jasper and we still have a house there. My Uncle Tommy speaks in a language only the locals can understand, I nod along and laugh when he pauses. Who's up for beers at the Tallulah brewery Thanksgiving weekend?!

Edited by marriedup
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

This is the one good thing about the MAGA types. They're too dumb to try and win people over and build a true coalition. And when they do try, it's (hopefully) too late.

Never apologize and never admit you’re wrong. Pretty hard to med fences.

And once someone fails the purity test, you convince the rabid rubes who now make up your base that they are corrupt liars, RINOs, or secretly progressives who are part of the system rigging and stealing elections. Even if you can win them back you can’t rehab them with the cult members 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, marriedup said:

Surly covers too much ground. My parents are from Jasper and we still have a house there. My Uncle Tommy speaks in a language only the locals can understand, I nod along and laugh when he pauses. Who's up for beers at the Tallulah brewery Thanksgiving weekend?!

I'm down if you gimme a reminder. Brain damage do take a toll don't she.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Never apologize and never admit you’re wrong. Pretty hard to med fences.

And once someone fails the purity test, you convince the rabid rubes who now make up your base that they are corrupt liars, RINOs, or secretly progressives who are part of the system rigging and stealing elections. Even if you can win them back you can’t rehab them with the cult members 

The ever-constricting circle of trust

On 3/30/2024 at 12:21 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Here's what I will say about the tenets of MAGA ... it's an American fascist/theocratic movement aiming for a violent dictatorship ruled by Trump.

The grift is merely the side-hustle. 

I disagree. I think you’ve got it backwards. The grift is the aim, and we’ll end up in a fascist government just as a side effect. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I disagree. I think you’ve got it backwards. The grift is the aim, and we’ll end up in a fascist government just as a side effect. 

You're both wrong.  It's all rooted in the fear of losing the racial majority.  Everything else is a consequence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're both wrong.  It's all rooted in the fear of losing the racial majority.  Everything else is a consequence.

Trump doesn’t think past “I like money and hate blacks and jail.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I wasn't referring to Trump specifically, but rather MAGA writ large, which was the original point.

9 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

To be fair to Trump, he also had one other high level thought.  He likes ketchup while also hating it and throwing it around like it was Eric after a little league error.  

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's my anti-MAGA superpower. I am always whiter than the guys who want White Supremacy. And yet, I still know how to shoot the cag. They'll never learn that at Stormfront.

If you gave me a thousand years to come up with the most disturbingly awful sexual  threesome in human history, I would not be able to top that.  And I’ve got a supremely demented imagination.  

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

If you gave me a thousand years to come up with the most disturbingly awful sexual  threesome in human history, I would not be able to top that.  And I’ve got a supremely demented imagination.  

Sub MTG for Lake?

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Running for Arizona Senator so having a fundraiser in Florida.  Makes sense. 

This is one of those things that pisses me off when it comes to election money.   Aong with getting rid of Citizens United, I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment only allowing money from people in the state (for governors/senators/state) or district (Reps/state senators) to be able to donate money.   No fundraising money accepted from anyone else.   

This will never happen.

• Hook 'Em 7

49 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Running for Arizona Senator so having a fundraiser in Florida.  Makes sense. 

44 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

This is one of those things that pisses me off when it comes to election money.   Aong with getting rid of Citizens United, I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment only allowing money from people in the state (for governors/senators/state) or district (Reps/state senators) to be able to donate money.   No fundraising money accepted from anyone else.   

This will never happen.

Texas will get school vouchers not because the taxpayers voted in it,  it because a billionaire in Pennsylvania told Greg Abbott to make it happen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Texas will get school vouchers not because the taxpayers voted in it,  it because a billionaire in Pennsylvania told Greg Abbott to make it happen.

Told Abbott with a big fat fucking check

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Technically, it could be considered the most disturbingly awful sexual foursome:

image.thumb.png.efa3966054af1544d3080e82412a2324.png

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Saw in the NYT this morning, Brett Stephens mentioned that maybe the penalty judgement would "knock the fake out of Lake."

I laughed.

But no. It won't. It can't. She could maybe shift into an atonement grift, but it'll still be a grift.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's an astonishingly tonedeaf bit.  What magazine ran with that, and how quickly was the editorial staff fired?

Fired?  One of them is probably in charge at the NYT now.

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Fired?  One of them is probably in charge at the NYT now.

NYT: Roseanne Barr once dressed up as Hitler and pretended to kill a bunch of gingerbread men in an oven 15 years ago. Why this was Joe Biden’s fault and how it’s going to cost him the election in November,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1