Longhorn Network

TXs

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

In the final analysis, a one-school channel is a tall order to pull off.  Even though we have a huge fanbase, outside of Texas, it's not at all concentrated, so selling subscriptions was never going to work out very well, particularly the way content packages are bundled to and by cable providers.

We got a fair shit ton of money from DiSPN for it.  The non-football content, principally baseball and volleyball, is spectacular and I would be pissed without it, and we would not have had it until moving to SEC.  In football and basketball, it's only really an issue for the one or two non-con nobody games, and frankly it would have been an issue regardless, as they are usually on some obscure channel no one has.

To quote Darrell, ol' ugly is better'n ol' nothin'.

Fucking this. When people talk about our fans being spoiled, arrogant, dumbasses, this is exactly what they mean (people talking shit about our own network).

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Well, that took care of that. 

Vidgo got er done.

Thanks to cord cutters thread I found vidgo last football/basketball season and I just signed up earlier today for this season.  The app was a little finicky at times last year but you can't beat the price to channel ratio.  I get pretty much every college game locally; including LHN out of the state of Texas.  good choice.  

• Hook 'Em 1

PSA:

With vidgo, I can log into the ESPN app on a roku/fire/etc and LHN works as well. Out of market (address, and billing address), base vidgo package (which includes LHN.) I can also go directly to watchespn.com, and logging in there works as well. Vidgo is a listed provider, although you'll have to scroll or put a "v" in the search to narrow the scroll down.

This suggests to me that logging into ESPN is package based, and not checking location. That makes sense as people do tend to travel from time to time.

I was a tick nervous about some of the IPTV stuff. It's seriously attractive, but I need to do more digging for my peace of mind first. However, vidgo is a legit service, has a roku app that isn't private and can be added just like Dis+ or ESPN.

Thankfully the LHN games are 2 weeks apart, and in the same month. Although if I can use this month to see how it works, and the math is enough of a difference, I may (finally) be able to drop my tv package and scale back to internet only. (which probably goes up in price, but will have to see.)

On 8/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, thrillhammer said:

have had uverse for what seems like 20 years.  price over the last 10 has skyrocketed but i refuse to disconnect.  i love my cable and cant imagine living without it.  besides, its fun to listen to all you dumbfucks squirm and struggle to figure out a way to get lhn.

You look rich.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:32 AM, thrillhammer said:

have had uverse for what seems like 20 years.  price over the last 10 has skyrocketed but i refuse to disconnect.  i love my cable and cant imagine living without it.  besides, its fun to listen to all you dumbfucks squirm and struggle to figure out a way to get lhn.

That sounds GREAT!

Please DM me your Uverse login and password. 

TIA

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Fucking this. When people talk about our fans being spoiled, arrogant, dumbasses, this is exactly what they mean (people talking shit about our own network).

The network is a good idea. The execution was lacking. That Texas fell off a cliff didn’t help. More content would have gone a long way. Shit they could even make some dumbass reality tv show, and showcase some more local talent. It takes money, but investing in the network was necessary. Instead it became a commercial for the network plus some non-football content.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:07 PM, Tex Long said:

That sounds GREAT!

Please DM me your Uverse login and password. 

TIA

get that new-fangled streaming shit out of here.  cable dont work like that, homes.  you're probably too young to remember that back in the day, when people had cable, there actually has to be a cable.  aint no sharing of passwords.  you gotta have your own cable.

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Alright, just signed up for slingtv for $30 for the 1st month.  Going to cancel it after week 3.  Like people said, the orange package and sports package.  You should get LHN

Yeah I signed up last night. $28.50. Took about 5 minutes or less. LHN works. I'll also use it to see some volleyball I missed. Will cancel at the end of the month. /csb 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

get that new-fangled streaming shit out of here.  cable dont work like that, homes.  you're probably too young to remember that back in the day, when people had cable, there actually has to be a cable.  aint no sharing of passwords.  you gotta have your own cable.

Nah, it's actually copper to the house. Cable. No voice service land line bullshit on it, just internet packets. Could do VOIP or a coupla phones but don't wanna. Inner net gotta get an inner net protocol logged on, gotta getcha login. Sounds like yer modem might be stupider than you want it, or just dickless.

3 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

Did AT&T drop LHN off DirectTV Stream? I’m out of state for the weekend and trying to record the game via the app. LHN doesn’t come up, could be because eI’m out of state…

No. They just only carry it in Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 5:28 PM, Godzillatron said:

Did AT&T drop LHN off DirectTV Stream? I’m out of state for the weekend and trying to record the game via the app. LHN doesn’t come up, could be because eI’m out of state…

If you are out of state and have DirecTV Stream, log in to the ESPN app using your DirecTV credentials.  I'm out of state and LHN doesn't show up in my channel guide, but I can use this method and watch it through the ESPN app.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:54 AM, Harvdog said:

https://fivetime.online

Been using this for 3 years. It’s worth it and has LHN.

Hey! I signed up for this after you recommended it and it worked well for about 3 weeks, but as of saturday it is not allowing me to log in anymore (subscription still valid, checked user/password, etc)— is yours working?  did they change the URL or something?

THX!

11 hours ago, Squiddie said:

Hey! I signed up for this after you recommended it and it worked well for about 3 weeks, but as of saturday it is not allowing me to log in anymore (subscription still valid, checked user/password, etc)— is yours working?  did they change the URL or something?

THX!

It’s back up. They have to do server maintenance. Mine was down for a bit last night but it’s back on now. 

25 minutes ago, skilesare said:

I'm seeing the same thing on sling....needed to cancel anyway...now that the lhn games are.ober and our season is clearly kit going to be one of those "magical" ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an English translation?  😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...