Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

29 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He's getting drafted in the early 2nd at the latest without another snap taken (assuming the injury isn't major). With his new work ethic he'll tear up the combine and pro day. 

If it's 4 weeks that's enough to give Arch reps and keep his RS then the bowl if QE skips. 

Early second? That’s laughable 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'd imagine that was Arch should redshirt if he doesn't win the job in the summer. I doubt his family would be angry if he's forced into duty in these circumstances. Hopefully Maalik is good so it's not a consideration. But this is absolutely always a possibility given what happened to Quinn last season. 

Hear from the nephew his family really is committed to him not playing this year and red shirting so as to not rush him and put him in before he is ready - not sure what they think about this now, though. Heard MM was going to Utah next year, but the QE injury could change things and now getting to see MM actually play may change their mind. There is so much BS in recruiting and the portal who knows.

Immediately after the play, at least Conner grabbed the Coog tackler and flung him off Quinn like a rag doll. 
I recall Colt McCoy getting no such support from his OL during the last Nebraska game at Jerryworld.

Or against aggy when he probably shouldn’t have been playing.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

He's getting drafted in the early 2nd at the latest without another snap taken (assuming the injury isn't major). With his new work ethic he'll tear up the combine and pro day. 
If it's 4 weeks that's enough to give Arch reps and keep his RS then the bowl if QE skips. 

He can’t stay healthy — and he’s not a really big guy.

50 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Immediately after the play, at least Conner grabbed the Coog tackler and flung him off Quinn like a rag doll. 
I recall Colt McCoy getting no such support from his OL during the last Nebraska game at Jerryworld.

I wouldn't mess with this guy either, especially after he just whipped my ass to get that point. 

USATSI_4218483.thumb.jpg.0d8eccfbd827b9d0b5d94f07cb820a75.jpg

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

I wonder how committed this staff is to an arch redshirt.  I recall one of the appeals during recruiting was he wanted to redshirt, which may have been all bullshit, but the Mannings seemed sincere about it.

We have 5 games left plus a bowl at a minimum.  Throw in big 12 championship and we're at 6.  If Quinn's not back and MM sucks or gets injured do we still sit arch for 2 games?  I doubt it unless it was some kind of blood oath made to them which would cause a transfer.  Even then, you'd think if any family would understand why burning the shirt is needed it would be that one.

It honestly might be a blessing in disguise to have all 4 games with Arch to preserve his shirt. He could potentially bridge the gap for 4 weeks just in time for Ewers to return in a best case scenario. Murphy being banged up does not bode well, we will start him next week, but if he is not accurate enough or cant go then there is no reason to go down with the ship.

59 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I was wanting a flag on Houston for that mess. Glad to see the OL come over.

When the trainers came over, it looked like he was favoring his arm on the replay.

It looked to me like their guy went limp on top of Quinn. He was down for a good while after the play and then went out.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If QE is going to miss multiple games, how much value is there to keep Arch’s redshirt? If he’s a bad ass, he won’t be here for a RS-SR 5th year anyway. If he is a disappointment, would he be playing at UT in his 5th year? This isn’t the 1960s-early 2000s. If they are studs, they will be gone after their 3rd year in college (not necessarily 3rd season), or at latest after their 4th year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

There's no clear QB 3 right now and he's in the Mccarthy/Penix/Sanders group fighting for that spot. His arm talent alone clears those guys. He's going to be the clear QB 3 by April. 

I meant he’s easily going first. He’s arm talent alone gets him in. 

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If QE is going to miss multiple games, how much value is there to keep Arch’s redshirt? If he’s a bad ass, he won’t be here for a RS-SR 5th year anyway. If he is a disappointment, would he be playing at UT in his 5th year? This isn’t the 1960s-early 2000s. If they are studs, they will be gone after their 3rd year in college (not necessarily 3rd season), or at latest after their 4th year. 

if any badass qb would end up staying for his senior year it would be Arch.  Mannings always talk about how important college is for not only development, but branding. 

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I didn’t think about this, but there is another angle to this. Arch has 4 games to play. It’s possible that Arch could start in Quinn’s absence and still retain his redshirt.. I guess we will find out later today or tomorrow on how long Quinn is out 

Edited by Codaxx

JFC…Arch was here for theSpring, for Summer workouts, he’s surrounded by veteran skill players, an OL that’s not perfect but is good, it’s halfway through the season and we’re in the Top 10 and in contention for a conference championship and a playoff spot…..if he’s needed, he’ll play. Pretty fucking simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This could all be some gamesmanship by Sark.

Thats what I am thinking.  I understand he landed on his right shoulder but his left one took several times the force in that play.  Now maybe this wasn’t the key play that caused the injury, but if it was then it should be a relatively minor injury

49 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I wouldn't mess with this guy either, especially after he just whipped my ass to get that point. 

USATSI_4218483.thumb.jpg.0d8eccfbd827b9d0b5d94f07cb820a75.jpg

I didn’t say any Texas OL guy had to fight Suh, just that none of those pasty-faced bystanders didn’t have the courtesy to help the smashed Colt get up off the turf. 
There were a lot of harsh words on Shaggy describing that disgraceful conduct towards theirteammate and leader who was taking such a beating because of their ineptitude.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Thats what I am thinking.  I understand he landed on his right shoulder but his left one took several times the force in that play.  Now maybe this wasn’t the key play that caused the injury, but if it was then it should be a relatively minor injury

Leonardo Dicaprio Doctor GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I believe Arch Manning will be taking snaps starting in the second half of this week’s game. 

I don’t. It doesn’t seem sark likes to make QB changes mid game.
Yea, we're all doctors, virologists, urban planners, restaurant critics, strategic warfare experts, offensive AND defensive coordinators, and lawyers.....mostly lawyers.

The nurses are safe

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I didn’t say any Texas OL guy had to fight Suh, just that none of those pasty-faced bystanders didn’t have the courtesy to help the smashed Colt get up off the turf. 
There were a lot of harsh words on Shaggy describing that disgraceful conduct towards theirteammate and leader who was taking such a beating because of their ineptitude.

Where was Conrad Dobler when you needed him?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These early reports don’t hold much water for me. Early reports were Majors would miss a month and he played this week. Also agree with the sentiment that Sark probably won’t really say until we see who goes the 1st series vs BYU. All that said… I fully expect Murphy to be our QB next game. 

15 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

A lot of wish casting on this thread as of late. 

We were promised better things. You don’t expect us to give up on that damnit. Just kidding. What someone needs to do is script an entire half for Maalik and post it to fake out BYU. Not probably going to work for Kansas State, though. And it’s parent’s weekend too. Welcome to Texas! 

35 minutes ago, chad.ihrig said:

So let me try to understand this comment.

Nope. Can’t explain pulling your starting qb in a tied game on the road while a big chunk of your starters are out. Potentially jeopardize the season to pull a fast one on BYU? Come on, man. giphy.gif

It doesn't mean he isn't hurt. It means he may not be as hurt as we think. They pulled him because he wasn't right. But then you put him in a sling and trot him out for the world to see. You are very vague about the injury and the reporters run wild. Opponent starts planning for the backup and then QE ends up starting. The same way we found out just a couple minutes before the game that we were facing the backup qb a few weeks in a row. They knew well beforehand. 

• Hook 'Em 1