Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Shut the fuck up

Co-sign. Just a shitty shitty post in light of the circumstances. But that’s always been his MO, so color me not surprised in the least bit.

I mean this with all sincerity. Go fuck yourself, Derka.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

his mechanics, footwork, and accuracy on the final play are indefensible. very good qb. not the guy. i’m counting down the days until arch is QB1.

also, there was a camera shot of QE on the sideline early in the 4Q and he looked like someone had shot his dog. down 13 with every chance to win the game and he appeared disconsolate. the opposite of inspiring. really disheartening in fact. 

i hope he returns, and i hope he grows. but as of now? man. the hype far exceeds the product on the field. hard ti believe in him in. ig moments like this. it is what it is.

fuck off you pathetic loser

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. I'm a fucking moron. 

FTFY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

y’all can yell at me all you want. what you can’t do is defend his play, especially on the final play. as i’ve always said, if he was a 3* from taylor, tx then nobody here would act like he’s so much better than he actually is, as is currently the case. you put your heart and feelings into his HS ratings. i get it. but as of today? penix just showed the absolute gulf in class between QE and a real deal top flight qb. you can insult me all you want, but none of you can deny this.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

y’all can yell at me all you want. what you can’t do is defend his play, especially on the final play. as i’ve always said, if he was a 3* from taylor, tx then nobody here would act like he’s so much better than he actually is, as is currently the case. you put your heart and feelings into his HS ratings. i get it. but as of today? penix just showed the absolute gulf in class between QE and a real deal top flight qb. nike if you can deny this.

Sure. Penix is better.   Penix is also a 6th year 23 year old senior.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, shadow_operative said:

y’all can yell at me all you want. what you can’t do is defend his play, especially on the final play. as i’ve always said, if he was a 3* from taylor, tx then nobody here would act like he’s so much better than he actually is, as is currently the case. you put your heart and feelings into his HS ratings. i get it. but as of today? penix just showed the absolute gulf in class between QE and a real deal top flight qb. nike if you can deny this.

You couldn't even get into Texas you shitbag, and this was back when it was easy to get into Texas. Go fucking find another fanbase to annoy, maybe the University of Phoenix is more your style

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

You couldn't even get into Texas you shitbag, and this was back when it was easy to get into Texas. Go fucking find another fanbase to annoy, maybe the University of Phoenix is more your style

No shit. Hold yourself to the same standards you put on our student athletes and maybe you’d have made something out of your pathetic life. This place was infinitely better when you were gone, and a giant fuck you to anyone that pined for this shit bag to come back and post more garbage.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

I love Quinn.  Love what he’s done at Texas and how he carries himself.

That said, I am ready to start the Arch chapter of this book.

It’s time.

We just lost a playoff game because the other QB had 30 more starts than Quinn (exaggeration but you get thr point. 2nd year Penix would have went 8-4 with that team and 6th year Quinn doesn't let any game get within 20 this season. I'm ready for Arch by Quinn has earned every right to run it  back next year. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

y’all can yell at me all you want. what you can’t do is defend his play, especially on the final play. as i’ve always said, if he was a 3* from taylor, tx then nobody here would act like he’s so much better than he actually is, as is currently the case. you put your heart and feelings into his HS ratings. i get it. but as of today? penix just showed the absolute gulf in class between QE and a real deal top flight qb. you can insult me all you want, but none of you can deny this.

I can deny it. There's a good argument that Penix was robbed of the Heisman. He threw for 430 tonight in the second-best statistical performance by a quarterback in CFP history. Quinn probably beats him tonight if the CB doesn't make a great play on the ball at the end there, or if Jaydon Blue doesn't fumble, or the ball doesn't bounce off Muhammad's hands directly to Odunze. So lose the faux condescension and stop this sad attempt at a victory lap.

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Hell of a season from Quinn. He played well enough to win but the fumbles negated all he did.

he was mediocre and missed multiple open WRs in both halves. he did not play well enough to win. neither did our much ballyhooed d line. lots of disappointment tonight. the biggest of which has to be QE, surly’s appointed savior. penix was lightyears ahead of QE tonight. ghey were on different planets. penix played well enough to win. QE played well enough to lose at the buzzer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Hell of a season from Quinn. He played well enough to win but the fumbles negated all he did. If he comes back he'll be the heavy favorite to go 1/1 in '25. 

Uhm….. no.  He needs to come back because he has a ton of work.  He’s also smallish and needs to put on good weight.  Good QB but nowhere near 1.1 right now.  

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

I'm ready for Arch by Quinn has earned every right to run it  back next year. 

Oh, no disagreement.  If he comes back I won’t hold it against him at all.  I, me, just your’s truly, am ready for the next chapter (Arch).

If it’s Quinn again then I’ll root my ass off for the mf’er.

3 minutes ago, tvko23 said:

Quinn probably beats him tonight if the CB doesn't make a great play on the ball at the end there, or if Jaydon Blue doesn't fumble, or the ball doesn't bounce off Muhammad's hands directly to Odunze.

explain to me how quinn is solely responsible for the win in if we get it, yet 0% responsible for the loss? 

• Fuck You 6

dude makes the best throws occasionally but he is just so inconsistent in certain situations. get him pressure up the middle and he loses focus and just struggles to get back.

i thought his runs were great tonight. they really seemed to have loosened him up a bit. 

i was expecting much more on those last 4 plays. at least something close. not 0/4 and just totally lost. he was above his paygrade. hope he can recover and learn from it

• Hook 'Em 1

explain to me how quinn is solely responsible for the win in if we get it, yet 0% responsible for the loss? 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he did not play well enough to win. [...] penix played well enough to win. QE played well enough to lose at the buzzer.

anyone here who thinks that QE and his coaches are going to look at the tape and say, “man Quinn you did a great job, everyone just let you down!” is completely delusional. anyone here who thinks that QE is happy with his own erratic performance is delusional. anyone here who thinks that QE carried his team tonight and that his team let him down is delusional. his ceiling is chris simms. he’s not the guy. never has been. frankly, he’s never showed an inkling that he’s the man. if he weren’t the no.1 recruit in the country you’d accept this.  it he was, so you can’t. all you can do is cry about my posts and insult me. won’t change the way mustard tastes. QE is the #1 reason for both of our losses this year. go ahead and deny it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

anyone here who thinks that QE and his coaches are going to look at the tape and say, “man Quinn you did a great job, everyone just let you down!” is completely delusional. anyone here who thinks that QE is happy with his own erratic performance is delusional. anyone here who thinks that QE carried his team tonight and that his team let him down is delusional. his ceiling is chris simms. he’s not the guy. never has been. frankly, he’s never showed an inkling that he’s the man. if he weren’t the no.1 recruit in the country you’d accept this.  it he was, so you can’t. all you can do is cry about my posts and insult me. won’t change the way mustard tastes. QE is the #1 reason for both of our losses this year. go ahead and deny it.

Now do the same analysis on why you are a fat obese piece of shit who has no self discipline.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Quinn had a tough day but that final throw was pretty on the money. AD had a great shot at it, DB made an insane play. 

that throw was terrible, and his footwork was laughably bad. AD has a very large catch radius, a catch radius that quinn didn’t come close to. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

penix just showed the absolute gulf in class between QE and a real deal top flight qb. you can insult me all you want, but none of you can deny this.

Doesn't Colt McCoy still hold the school record for interceptions, when he was a sophomore?

Then he was a two-time Heisman finalist.

What you're saying about the comparison between Quinn and Penix tonight isn't wrong.  But it is comparing a finished product with a halfway-finished product.

• Hook 'Em 1

Quinn needs work

Lift your arm when you throw 

Utilize the entire field

I appreciate him busting out the run game, saved our asses a couple plays 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, Helobious said:
Quinn had a tough day but that final throw was pretty on the money. AD had a great shot at it, DB made an insane play. 

That throw was not close to being on the money.

Had it been on the money they may have thrown the flag

His footwork is just so, so bad. So many opportunities get left on the field because he won’t step into throws and drive them downfield. He made some good plays today, but the difference between him and Penix is like heaven and earth. We lose Sanders, X, AD, and Whittington to the NFL so he needs to improve in the offseason to elevate what is (likely) lesser talent. He still did a good job in the second half to give us a chance at the end.

Edited by Bodowned
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Quinn leads us to the B12 win and a CFP appearance. Our first ever. And you run to this thread to shit on him. You are a fucking miserable fucking person. Again go fuck yourself.

i’ve been posting positive posts about quinn plenty. you must have missed them. 

also LOL at me being the miserable one here. that’s rich.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

20 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Holy shit.  In light of your Rodney Terry nonsense, this is hysterical.  Who . . . EXACTLY . . . is saying this?

You make shit up and then try to shoot it down.  Those are called "strawmen" arguments.  You should know better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

QE played good enough for us to win tonight. This loss is not on him - alot of people made mistakes and he was under pressure all night, plus play calling sucked.  We had a chance to win at the end of the game.  I'm happy he's our QB. Arch is an exciting future, but this is Quinn's team right now. This was a team loss - help is coming in 2024!

Edited by RAMBONE
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

If Ewers plays better tonight we may have won. But it certainly wasnt his fault we lost. Lots of blame to go around. He scrambled and made some great plays with his feet. Sometimes you just come up short. I am sure he will be back and maybe we make it all the way next year. Future is bright. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that throw was terrible, and his footwork was laughably bad. AD has a very large catch radius, a catch radius that quinn didn’t come close to. 

See you kept your mouth shut until you felt like he played bad to come on here with your bullshit. The difference between Penix and QE is we gave Penix all day to throw. Washington actually brought pressure and got home. We didn't sack Penix all day. If you want to shit on QE do it about his sidearm delivery that got batted down. Outside of that the loss is on two RBs not holding onto the football and the defense not doing a damn thing correctly on passing downs. The last throw was high and outside away from the DB. Had AD gone up for it instead of keeping his feet on the ground we are all here chest bumping. AD and Worthy have struggled all year fighting for 50/50 balls. It figures that it would be the way we went down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What happened on that pass play to worthy that was a deep ball incompletion.  First half.

It looked like Worthy never even looked for the ball.  Just running down field with a defender and ball bounces on ground next to him.

Miscommunication?

Who is that on?

7 minutes ago, runthebone said:

What did you expect when you ran to bump this thread?  A bunch of praise for being so smart?  You are getting exactly what you deserve.

“ran to bump the thread.” right. this thread was like the fifth from the top when i posted on it.

Texas had a chance to go to the national title game. QE went 0/4 and made a particularly terrible throw with particularly terrible mechanics on the final play of the playoff loss.

i come to the football board and post on the pertinent thread, which again, is near the top of the board. 

holy shit what a piece of shit i am for that. 🙄 

did you by chance happen to notice that lots of other people in here are saying the exact same things as me yet receiving none of the vitriol? it’s almost as if what i say isn’t particularly controversial, it’s simply that a gaggle of highly educated grown men lose their fucking minds when it’s me who is saying what i’m saying. it’s almost as if it’s you…and not me. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, CoTex said:

What happened on that pass play to worthy that was a deep ball incompletion.  First half.

It looked like Worthy never even looked for the ball.  Just running down field with a defender and ball bounces on ground next to him.

Miscommunication?

Who is that on?

There was pressure up the middle so it seemed like the throw had to come out earlier than Worthy expected.

The OL really struggled to protect as well as we needed to run the plays we wanted to run.

I'm not sure why we didn't run more short passes to Worthy since they were playing like 7-10 yards off of him for much of the game.

We also didn't have the ball much.

Tough game.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The OL really struggled to protect as well as we needed to run the plays we wanted to run.

I'm not sure why we didn't run more short passes to Worthy since they were playing like 7-10 yards off of him for much of the game.

We also didn't have the ball much.

Tough game.

UW was great at generating pressure. But QE stepped up into the pocket and let it fly or ran effectively. I wish we had completed more intermediate passes. It seemed like we played into UW's gameplan - short passing game a la Bo Nix/UO, instead of playing to our strengths. If our backs woulda held onto the ball we win.