Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

I hate the lack of timeout after Bijan’s big play. Hate it. Burned 8 seconds to get a JT Sanders 1 yard gain. Would’ve come in handy with 2nd and goal and only 3 seconds left. Fuck!
Quinn coming back. 

My only quibble with Sark at this point. Who knew Bama would have back to back PI calls.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Penalties by Bama ALL GAME LONG…..some induced b crowd noise, some because they’re flat out getting beat.  Very uncharacteristic of a Saban team.  And the Texas defense?……FAR exceeding my expectations.  Bryce Young has been confused b6 the coverage all day.  Now if we could just get that Willis Reed moment…..

• Hook 'Em 3

I've grown quite familiar with the gumps over the last decade.  And I've seen them go into halftime tied at 10 against the Citadel.

If Texas moves the ball successfully in the 3rd quarter, racks up some first downs, gets a FG or TD, then Bama will be totally off script and it's anybody's ball game.  

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

We kind of made a mistake by not calling TO with 25 or so seconds left before the short throw to Sanders. Can’t blame Sark though but it would’ve given us the chance to run one more play down there on the goal line.

Yup

would have like to see Bijan get a touch on the goal line

We are getting beaten by the refs and beaten by pure bad luck.

But damn, I love the heart in this team so far. Credit to the coaching as well. Sark couldn't have called a better first half. I'd have ecstatic before the game if someone had told me it would be 10-10 at the half. Now I'm pissed it's not 24-10 texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, THUJONE said:

Looks like he might be warming up. 

If Quinn comes back, this team has even more belief. I think we win.

The team looked hesitant on D at first, now they are playing with confidence. Too bad we couldn't ride Quinn's hot hand to a halftime lead, but if he comes back in, then he'll have more to show.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, AbraCadabra said:

We are getting beaten by the refs and beaten by pure bad luck.

But damn, I love the heart in this team so far. Credit to the coaching as well. Sark couldn't have called a better first half. I'd have ecstatic before the game if someone had told me it would be 10-10 at the half. Now I'm pissed it's not 24-10 texas.

28-10 with a PI on thr first FG drive. This should be a beat down. Let's get it this half. 

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Long way to go but this is how we've wanted the team to play for a long time. Missing all the dipshits from last week's game thread who said they didn't see any improvements anywhere. 

Just as long as we avoid the 2nd half collapse we were great at last year.

• Hook 'Em 1