Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Fuck!

We're the god damn better team today but their cheapshot bullshit and our small mistakes are fucking this up. 

Props to the defense for that first half. Pk + GP = BMF

Impressed with the defense.  They haven't let any of BAMAs big plays take the wind out of their sails and deflate them like in games in the past decade.. They are getting after them...Not intimidated.  Seeing them pressure the QB, haven't seen that in a long time...:)

Edited by Azbadlands

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Angry at that missed FG, but I'll take the score considering....

And we get the ball to start the 2nd half.  Here's hoping Quinn is good to go (by good to go, I mean they Varsity Blues'd him)

Ewers gonna run out of the locker room like Larry Bird after breaking his face. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

FG was the right call - Card shouldn’t have taken so long on the play before, though, that cost us another snap - but now that we’ve seen that aborted kick it pretty much has to be 4 down territory from now on whenever it’s an even debatable decision.

The play he really missed was after the Bijan catch. It was Cain or another wide receiver running wide open down the left hash. 

Bama didn't get set at all. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Sark has called a masterful game. Unless you blame him for the Ewers injury.

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

He’s pissed about missed FG attempt and should be.

Piss poor game management on Sark’s part. First year kicker. Big game. Big kick. Two timeouts to spare. Call one and settle things down. Don’t rush it. 
Hell, better clock management alone and a few extra secs, Card could have spiked the bobbled snap and had a do-over. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm pretty sure the idea there was to hurry up and catch Bama off guard. 

I need to go back and look but pretty sure Cain was wide open for about a 20 yard gain. 

Yup. Coaching 101. There’s a reason you practice the 2 min drill. You are prepared and they are on their heels. A timeout allows them to rest their defense and sub in the personnel they want. Gives bama coaches time to look at their tendency charts, etc

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Maybe a TO gets another play in, who cares?   Anyone bitching about anything other than the bad breaks is a moron.  And yes, me and my jinx money line bet is quite invested in UT.  FUCK

No one gives a fuck about what bets you made. Shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2