Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

On 10/30/2023 at 9:37 AM, immamac said:

9 targets, 4 catches, 1 no call DPI. If Quinn fucking hits worthy in the chest everyone loses their mind but since it’s maalik it’s his fault and not worthy’s because he’s a shitty backup who can’t sniff Quinn’s farts. 

I said one fucking series and letting Cook get some action not benching him for a game. You act like worthy’s backup is some scrub nobody. 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:06 PM, Hank_Hill said:

Number of targets doesn’t mean shit if the QB is inaccurate 

Weird that this has been a problem for 3 seasons with multiple different QBs right? You are one of those guys that doesn't actually watch the games, right? Maybe catches the highlights and then comes in with an opinion? Seems to line up. Because after 3 years of drops by Worthy all of us should pretty much know what we have in him. No one should be blaming the QBs anymore for either drops or lack of effort fighting for 50/50 balls. That case is closed.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Weird that this has been a problem for 3 seasons with multiple different QBs right? You are one of those guys that doesn't actually watch the games, right? Maybe catches the highlights and then comes in with an opinion? Seems to line up. Because after 3 years of drops by Worthy all of us should pretty much know what we have in him. No one should be blaming the QBs anymore for either drops or lack of effort fighting for 50/50 balls. That case is closed.

I havent seen the target numbers this year. I did think Sark mentioned in a press conference that Worthy was over 70% rec/target this year after being around 50% last year. (that was like 2 weeks ago). His usage has changed.  I am sure someone has it. 

All that said Worthy is going to be Worthy. He just isnt going to make many 50/50 balls. That horse has been beaten. It wasnt a lack of effort. He could have been flagged for OPI. To be honest at 160 or whatever he is, that is not a shocker. Mitchell is the guy for that. He made a great play on the TD. He is probably the only receiver on the roster that makes that play. There are not a lot many college WRs that do. That was an NFL catch. 

Edited by Codaxx

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I havent seen the target numbers this year. I did think Sark mentioned in a press conference that Worthy was over 70% rec/target this year after being around 50% last year. (that was like 2 weeks ago). I am sure someone has it. 

All that said Worthy is going to be Worthy. He just isnt going to make 50/50 balls. That horse has been beaten. It wasnt a lack of effort. he coudl have been flagged for OPI. To be honest at 160 or whatever he is, that is not a shocker. Mitchell is the guy for that. He made a great play on the TD. He is probably the only receiver on the roster that makes that play. 

His catch rate has improved because we started throwing him a lot more stuff around the LOS. Balls that are in the air a long time? Hold your breath. I agree that horse has been beaten which is exactly what I was saying to @Hank_Hill. That particular ball he went up for, but so many times he doesn't fight back to the ball which is why he doesn't get PI calls.

27 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

His catch rate has improved because we started throwing him a lot more stuff around the LOS. Balls that are in the air a long time? Hold your breath. I agree that horse has been beaten which is exactly what I was saying to @Hank_Hill. That particular ball he went up for, but so many times he doesn't fight back to the ball which is why he doesn't get PI calls.

he could have been flagged for a PI on that. He was the pushing off trying to keep the defender away as he waited on the ball. Worthy just isnt as nuanced as Mitchell is at positioning his body. Watch Mitchell on the long TD throw. It is late and a moon ball. Most WRs would catch that with their chest facing the QB, giving the DB a chance to make the play. Mitchell waiting and then turns to get his body in between the ball and the defender. He catches the ball with his chest facing to the end line, almost doing a 180. That is a WR, who understands how to position his body.. Pictures probably make it easier to appreciate. This is just a great play by Mitchell on a poorly thrown ball. 

image.png.14b7ea53984a35ffc3ccff8b04b36ca0.png

image.png.c0f1232c2bd2c640ac863b7099187900.png

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Oh I watch. It’s just a shitty stat out of context when discussing drops. He didn’t have 5 drops. Are we counting Casey Thompsons duck targets against Worthy?  His hands are suspect and made worse by inaccurate QB play. Not that difficult. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

he could have been flagged for a PI on that. He was the pushing off trying to keep the defender away as he waited on the ball. Worthy just isnt as nuanced as Mitchell is at positioning his body. Watch Mitchell on the long TD throw. It is late and a moon ball. Most WRs would catch that with their chest facing the QB, giving the DB a chance to make the play. Mitchell waiting and then turns to get his body in between the ball and the defender. He catches the ball with his chest facing to the end line, almost doing a 180. That is a WR, who understands how to position his body.. Pictures probably make it easier to appreciate. This is just a great play by Mitchell on a poorly thrown ball. 

image.png.14b7ea53984a35ffc3ccff8b04b36ca0.png

image.png.c0f1232c2bd2c640ac863b7099187900.png

Agree 100%. I just think that when you are a junior some of that you should've acquired by now. Worthy is a special player. If he could catch consistently with his hands amd picked up a few nuances along the way, he would be head and shoulders better than Smith was from Bama. Oh well. 

Just now, Helobious said:

Took K-state a quarter but they figured him out and he was pretty terrible the rest of the game.

Sark has some Mack in him in that he wants to have 2 losses and the season to be over before he can actually coach loose and play the best players.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers