Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

That 4th down against Kansas State was money, even if he contributed to the game being that tight. Saved the season. The finger point to manipulate the linebacker, and then the ice rope rocket. He definitely flashed in his starts. The fanbase is too squirmy to appreciate the progression of a young QB in high stakes games, but he showed some good things. I hope Arch is the superstar the analysts think he is, it’ll make for probably the most polarizing QB battle in the country come Spring 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

That 4th down against Kansas State was money, even if he contributed to the game being that tight. Saved the season. The finger point to manipulate the linebacker, and then the ice rope rocket. He definitely flashed in his starts. The fanbase is too squirmy to appreciate the progression of a young QB in high stakes games, but he showed some good things. I hope Arch is the superstar the analysts think he is, it’ll make for probably the most polarizing QB battle in the country come Spring 2024. 

The progression of a 27-7 lead to a 33-30 win.

15 hours ago, DixonHur said:

He only gave up 7 points with his play...included extra point as a given. 

The punt team gave up 7 points, Brooks gave up 7 points, and Sark gave up 6 points by not kicking field goals deep in the red zone. 

Maalik was not the only, or even primary, reason that game was so close.

You don’t think going 3 of 15 on third downs contributed to the game being close in addition to his two turnovers?

He was awful.  He’s lucky BYU and K State defenders dropped his errant throws or he’d have about 4 more turnovers.  

My main issue with Maalik is he was playing like he was afraid to take a hit.  He’s either hurt and cannot take contact or he’s afraid of contact.  Watch his pathetic effort on his pick against BYU.  Watch him just throw the ball up for grabs on screens when the defense get nears him.  If he’s afraid of contact, I don’t get it.  He’s as big as most defenders.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CastHorn said:

It’s going to be Arch.  

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

You don’t think going 3 of 15 on third downs contributed to the game being close in addition to his two turnovers?

He was awful.  He’s lucky BYU and K State defenders dropped his errant throws or he’d have about 4 more turnovers.  

My main issue with Maalik is he was playing like he was afraid to take a hit.  He’s either hurt and cannot take contact or he’s afraid of contact.  Watch his pathetic effort on his pick against BYU.  Watch him just throw the ball up for grabs on screens when the defense get nears him.  If he’s afraid of contact, I don’t get it.  He’s as big as most defenders.  

If you saw which way his foot was pointed after an attempted scramble in high school you would understand. Hard not to be a little contact shy for awhile after that.

Edited by Thatguy

15 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The folks saying Maalik was "dog shit" obviously never lived through the Marty Cherry experience on September 13, 1997.   

Let's have some prospective people.  Take the wins.  

This is correct. Because someone played badly 26 years ago, it can't happen again. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The folks saying Maalik was "dog shit" obviously never lived through the Marty Cherry experience on September 13, 1997.   

Let's have some prospective people.  Take the wins.  

Maalik is going to quit football to become a model?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This is correct. Because someone played badly 26 years ago, it can't happen again. 

Badly?  

He went 9 of 18 for 105 Yards with 3 INTs, 3 sacks for -26 yards and a fumble....we lost 66-3.  That's more than bad.

Maalik looked like Tom Brady out there in comparison.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Badly?  
He went 9 of 18 for 105 Yards with 3 INTs, 3 sacks for -26 yards and a fumble....we lost 66-3.  That's more than bad.
Maalik looked like Tom Brady out there in comparison.

That’s about how MM played from the end of the first quarter through OT.

Todd Dodge played the worst game ever. From memory it was like 2–16 for 22 yards and 5 INTs against cougar high.

1 minute ago, freyguy said:

tcu is trash, we are not playing our best.  Brooks may be out for awhile too now.  A rusty Quinn is putting up roughly the same underperforming stats as Maalik.  This game is too close for comfort.  kstate is a better team than tcu (my claim), now wtf?

Bo Davis expects you to chill out. 

@Jewish Wang 

I wanted to act like a badass and just quit posting here over $200 but I like this community too much and I have too much fun here.

I'm sorry for being such a dickhead but I have a serious problem with alcohol. 

How about $100 for you and $100 for a charity of your choice. PM me your venmo or zelle or whatever you want and the charity that you want and I'll post the receipts. 

Does that sound fair? 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

@Jewish Wang 

I wanted to act like a badass and just quit posting here over $200 but I like this community too much and I have too much fun here.

I'm sorry for being such a dickhead but I have a serious problem with alcohol. 

How about $100 for you and $100 for a charity of your choice. PM me your venmo or zelle or whatever you want and the charity that you want and I'll post the receipts. 

Does that sound fair? 

@immamacI’m not going to accept direct payment. 

Texas Longhorns QB Maalik Murphy Injured vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders

Texas Longhorns quarterback Maalik Murphy was injured in the win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders despite not playing in the game.

ZACH DIMMITT      7 HOURS AGO

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Longhorns backup quarterback Maalik Murphy didn't play in Friday's 57-7 blowout win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders, but he ended up getting injured in the third quarter.

Texas coach Steve Sarkisian said that during Keilan Robinson's kickoff return for a touchdown to start the third quarter, Murphy got hit on the sideline and suffered an injury to his non-throwing shoulder.

"Maalik got caught watching the game," Sarkisian said. "He got hit on the sidelines, so we had to take him in and we've got to see just how injured he is. He kind of hurt his non-throwing shoulder, so hopefully we can get him back and get him healthy. It was an unfortunate situation that way."

image.png.7ce9956721c2dab4ab298e877d1cd68e.png

Instead of Murphy entering the blowout in place of Quinn Ewers, Arch Manning came in to the surprise of many. Unknown at the time that Murphy was hurt, the crowd went wild for Manning's debut. The noise was so great that Manning had to quiet down the fans so that the offense could better get the signals from the sideline. 

Murphy started two games for Texas this season while Quinn Ewers nursed an injured throwing shoulder. Murphy won both starts in wins over BYU and Kansas State, but was a bit up-and-down at times.

This season, he's gone 39 of 70 passing for 465 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions. He's also lost a fumble.

Despite Manning's debut being an exciting things for fans, the Longhorns will need to get the more-experienced Murphy healthy in time for the Big 12 Championship Game on Saturday, Dec. 2. 

https://www.si.com/college/texas/football/texas-longhorns-qb-maalik-murphy-injured-vs-texas-tech-red-raiders

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers