UTSA Free Money Contest

Wulaw Horn

Texas 35 UTSA 10.  Wright tosses an TD to RoJo, RoJo returns the favor by tossing a TD to Wright.  Bijan turns a little dump-off pass into an 80 yd TD.

Defense gives up 186 yards.  If App State can hold Texas A&M to 186 on the road, we can hold UTSA to 186 at home.

Edited by Texas Jeff

Texas: 45

UTSA: 6

Defensive Yards: 235 yds

I know that Jeff Traylor is TXHS legend, but his Roadrunners will be turned into roadkill this weekend. This isn't because Texas is taking out rage from last week; it's because Texas has turned the page on what it takes to win. Winning isn't about gameday; winning is about how you prepare for gameday. Winning is about getting up on Monday, sore as hell, putting on your practice uniform, pushing hard for yourself and the guys next to you, and then doing it again on Tuesday, Wednesday, and so forth. The coaches are there to lead the horses to water. This year, it feels like the horses are actually drinking the water. 

Sarkisian has flat out said that he owes his renewed career to Saban. That wasn't coach speak prior to the Alabama game. It wasn't an attempt to soften the enemy. It is because he now understands what it takes to build, to lead, and to win due to watching Saban do it day-in and day-out.

I want this to be true and think it's real. It feels right. I don't think this is the remarkable one year turn-around that ends up with UT in the playoff. The team may not even make the CCG, but they will fight, be competitive in conference, and first, they will stomp UTSA.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

Alabama week recap now posted in the season long update thread pinned to the top. On to UTSA as we are a two touchdown home favorite playing a scrappy UTSA squad starting our 3rd string QB and maybe seeing our Heisman hopeful on the shelf along with our top returning CB as well.  Fun times.  Good teams dig deep and overcome with strong effort and a next man up attitude. I think this is a good team.  We will see.

Prop Bet- How many total yards will the Texas defense give up?

Bet- Texas 41, UTSA 14

Prop:  345 yards given up by the defense.  Another game effort even though we are a bit of a walking wounded team right now. 

Texas 48, UTSA 13

224yds allowed 

31 - 17 Us

Frank Harris is like a left handed, poor man’s Casey Thompson talent wise, but with more poise.

They need him to be exceptional for them to have a chance. I don’t see it, but our guys have to keep him from getting going like they mostly did with Bryce Young. 

Very narrow win condition for UTSA, even if we start flat. 

215 yards of total offense for UTSA