NFL Week 2

ztejas

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Did he drop the ball too soon?

No but I didn’t even notice that. Why do they do that? It’s so fucking stupid. Hand the ball to the ref. Or at the very least hold onto it because it’s your ball and you just made a big time play. How many times have we seen TDs get overturned because the player spiked the ball or threw it away too soon? You’d think that sort of behavior would be coached out of you by that point in your career. It’s just careless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Let’s review the poster boy for careless goal line ball-handling. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you DeSean Jackson.

As a recruit:

And as a pro (for some reason the NFL won’t let this embed so you’ll have to follow the link...but it was against the Cowboys so chances are you already know the play):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPaTX2Ha4E

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

JFC, the US Open can tell when a 130 mph serve is a millimeter on or off the line, and the NFL can't figure out if the ball crossed the line or not. 

Futball now has the goal/no goal review. I dont understand why the fuck the nfl hasnt implemented this.

you need 6 RFID chips embedded in each ball, one per end and 4 on the edge of each seam. 

and one big RFID reading  line directly under the fucking goal line edge. 

thats it, that all you fucking need to stop with this bullshit review/ no review/ cant tell bullshit. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

you need 6 RFID chips embedded in each ball, one per end and 4 on the edge of each seam. 

I'm betting you don't even need that. There has to be a way to have a single chip record the orientation of the ball. 

I mean it's fucking 2022... 

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Futball now has the goal/no goal review. I dont understand why the fuck the nfl hasnt implemented this.

thats it, that all you fucking need to stop with this bullshit review/ no review/ cant tell bullshit. 

Then how would the refs make extra cash on the side?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I'm still trying to figure out why Lattimore was ejected and Fournette wasn't, when Fournette kicked off the whole brawl. I get the Evans ejection, for doing Mike Evans/aggy things, but afaik all Lattimore was doing was running his mouth at Brady while Brady ran his mouth at Lattimore. 

13 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

JFC, the US Open can tell when a 130 mph serve is a millimeter on or off the line, and the NFL can't figure out if the ball crossed the line or not. 

13 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Yep, and the shit they can do with Statcast in MLB is mind-bottling. 

1 hour ago, wood said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Lattimore was ejected and Fournette wasn't, when Fournette kicked off the whole brawl. I get the Evans ejection, for doing Mike Evans/aggy things, but afaik all Lattimore was doing was running his mouth at Brady while Brady ran his mouth at Lattimore. 

I'm confused as to why Bruce Arians is allowed to be on the sidelines mouthing off the way he was. That was what really started it. It was just gonna be words between Brady and Lattimore if not for that.

But also, it's hilarious how Brady can just mouth off to anyone at any time on a football field and know one of his gigantic teammates is gonna come clean up whatever mess it creates.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm confused as to why Bruce Arians is allowed to be on the sidelines mouthing off the way he was. That was what really started it. It was just gonna be words between Brady and Lattimore if not for that.

But also, it's hilarious how Brady can just mouth off to anyone at any time on a football field and know one of his gigantic teammates is gonna come clean up whatever mess it creates.

Yep. Brady was being a little bitch as usual. I didn't see it, but my kid told me Brady was throwing shit & screaming at his offensive teammates on the sidelines. Is that true?

Florio: NFL is reviewing all aspects of the Bucs-Saints incident, including Bruce Arians’s role in itFlorio: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/19/nfl-is-reviewing-all-aspects-of-the-bucs-saints-incident-including-bruce-arianss-role-in-it/

Conspicuously visible during Sunday’s fourth-quarter fracas between the Buccaneers and Saints was retired Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians. The NFL may be taking a closer look at whether he’ll be allowed to roam so freely on the sidelines during games.

Now the “senior adviser to the General Manager” (which sounds better than “assistant to the traveling secretary” and/or “assistant to the Regional Manager”), Arians was present and active on Sunday. He was doing no apparent or obvious advising of the General Manager, however. Even before the brawl that resulted in the ejection of Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans and Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore, which featured Arians chirping and/or instigating from the sideline, Arians could be seen peppering one of the officials with questions and/or complaints.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the league office currently is working on addressing all things related to the incident, including sidelines. That specifically includes Arians.

It’s unclear whether the league can direct the Buccaneers to get Arians off the sideline, but it should. He’s no longer a member of the coaching staff. He should act accordingly.

Then again, the Bucs may appreciate having an extra agitator during the games. Someone who can piss and moan about whatever, whenever while the head coach is focused on other things. As long as Arians doesn’t interject himself into the actual coaching of the team, the Bucs can benefit from having him around.

That doesn’t make it OK, from the league’s perspective. If Arians is permitted to keep doing what he did on Sunday, every team should consider designating one specific member of the non-coaching staff to be a chronic irritant, to the officials and/or opponents and/or anyone.

As reported last night (but widely ignored and now regarded as “breaking news” from multiple outlets this morning), Evans and Lattimore face a potential suspension, because of their history. If a suspension will be imposed, it most likely will happen today. There undoubtedly would be an immediate appeal, with an expedited ruling.

I'm still trying to decipher what Lattimore did to even warrant an ejection, much less a suspendion, and why nothing at all is happening to Fournette. Evans should be suspended for being a bitchass cheapshot artist.

It wasn't a cheap shot, if you are shoving and pushing the QB after the play and a guy runs up and hits you IN THE CHEST it just is what it is. Maybe have your head on a swivel before you start shit.

Maybe don't fuck around with a dude that went to G Ball - they used to flip over the other teams school bus if they lose a big game 

AATXAJzRIBmH_Yyk-pN3iB_4Of1vv9-M1ou5PomE

Seen bigger hits in the clash at the causeway

Mike Evans, even though he's an aggy, is a great dude. He actually does give back to the community in Galveston, and he came from an incredibly troubled household. 

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Evans and Lattimore have history. He talks tons of trash. Talk shit get hit

4 hours ago, wood said:

Yep. Brady was being a little bitch as usual. I didn't see it, but my kid told me Brady was throwing shit & screaming at his offensive teammates on the sidelines. Is that true?

yeah, he was throwing a little hissy fit but i don't know if it was specifically at his teammates or not. Yelling and throwing stuff and basically being a douche.

I saw at least twice you could see him yelling at his teammates while he was on the field. Once at a receiver and once at one or more lineman. If I was one of his lineman, and he yelled at me like that, his bitch ass is getting sacked on the next pass play.

• Haha 1