ztejas sucks

ztejas

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Empathy. I will tune in every single game but the last 12 years has schooled me that multiple losses will happen. But I still enjoy the games. Sadly I bet that is all the texas brass cares about, fans watching.

That's why stopping watching is what will bring meaningful change.  The watch no matter what mentality gets what it gets and it's been getting it for a long while now.

I'm done until, at a minimum, PK is shit-canned.  I'm getting there with Sark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cajun said:

That's why stopping watching is what will bring meaningful change.  The watch no matter what mentality gets what it gets and it's been getting it for a long while now.

I'm done until, at a minimum, PK is shit-canned.  I'm getting there with Sark.

Or will just need to bet lots of money against Texas winning to offset the mental damage each week 

• Haha 1

I'll say this, that "We just ran out of time" quote from Sark after the Bama loss is really stuck in my craw now.

Tha fuck?

How did no one push back and politely, but firmly let him know never to say that shit ever again?  He even doubled down on the loser mentality with the exact same quote during his Rewind show with Lowell Dooshnozzle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I'll say this, that "We just ran out of time" quote from Sark after the Bama loss is really stuck in my craw now.

Tha fuck?

How did no one push back and politely, but firmly let him know never to say that shit ever again?  He even doubled down on the loser mentality with the exact same quote during his Rewind show with Lowell Dooshnozzle.

I think Sark, even though he had a shitty first year, has established some cred among the local media. Smokescreen regarding Quinn/Card, not naming the starting QB till late the last two weeks, no depth chart.  All of that is cute and funny when you're sitting on the perch.  When you're losing, you look like an ass.  

Positive thought: I thought we would go 9-3 at BEST this year. We can still do that. Heh. 

Negative: I didn't think we would be 2-2 after four games this season. 

The Tech game: What an effort by their offense. I have NEVER seen a team go up tempo the entire game. That was the difference in my opinion. They controlled the time of possession and ran about 1,000 more plays than we did. That usually matters. 

I have not given up hope...our best player (other than Bijan) hasn't really played much and is coming back soon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dignan said:

Positive thought: I thought we would go 9-3 at BEST this year. We can still do that. Heh. 

Negative: I didn't think we would be 2-2 after four games this season. 

The Tech game: What an effort by their offense. I have NEVER seen a team go up tempo the entire game. That was the difference in my opinion. They controlled the time of possession and ran about 1,000 more plays than we did. That usually matters. 

I have not given up hope...our best player (other than Bijan) hasn't really played much and is coming back soon. 

You should've seen the Tech teams under Leach.  They played fast and they actually beat us when we were good.  They'd kill this version of Tech.  I'll be proven right as the year goes on.  Tech is garbage.  

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That was one of the least impressive Tech offenses in many, many years. And they just methodically ate up our defense. Watching our defense stand there flat footed trying to keep everything in front of them was infuriating. You can’t wait for them to make a mistake. You have to force turnovers. Good grief. 

This.

meh, he beat Alabama save for the ref fuckery.  We beat tech save for the refs refusal to call offensive holding against them and PI.  If they get to hold every play they will wear down any defense, especially if our offense is limited and often going 3-out.    The wild cat was fine for one year, when Mack was still a coach at Texas.  I would rather see the Wishbone.   

Comparing records in a vacuum is dumb.  Charlie had Swoopes as a QB.  Herman had Sam. Both had crappy lines. Sark comes in with more crap on the lines and he makes moves in his second year to address that.  His top QB is hurt intentionally by the scumbags of alabama and then he is stuck with Card (Swoopes level skill/heart).  Sark is a slow learner.  

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Tha fuck?

That blew my mind, too. It's literally an aggy motto. As an outsider, I was just sitting here waiting for that shit to be shouted down by the fan base and.... crickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

meh, he beat Alabama save for the ref fuckery.  We beat tech save for the refs refusal to call offensive holding against them and PI.  If they get to hold every play they will wear down any defense, especially if our offense is limited and often going 3-out.    The wild cat was fine for one year, when Mack was still a coach at Texas.  I would rather see the Wishbone.   

Comparing records in a vacuum is dumb.  Charlie had Swoopes as a QB.  Herman had Sam. Both had crappy lines. Sark comes in with more crap on the lines and he makes moves in his second year to address that.  His top QB is hurt intentionally by the scumbags of alabama and then he is stuck with Card (Swoopes level skill/heart).  Sark is a slow learner.  

He did not beat Alabama.  He almost beat them.

Fuck off with that bullshit and don't give me refs.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

That blew my mind, too. It's literally an aggy motto. As an outsider, I was just sitting here waiting for that shit to be shouted down by the fan base and.... crickets.

It shows where we are.  Very telling.

When are going to have a HC that understands how to create a chip on this program’s shoulder? 

Our opponents circle their game vs. Texas every year. Beating the horns rallies their fan base and opens donors’ pockets. They will bring their best gameplan every time. Every game needs to be prepared for as do or die right now. In the glory days of Mack, “lesser” opponents knew they couldn’t beat us and laid down. That doesn’t happen anymore. For 15 years now, they know they can win. And they do, a lot. 

When we suck, everyone laughs at us. They mock us. Fucking fans are pushing our players in the back post-game. Coaches are filmed talking about how weak we are. Have some fucking pride. Play angry and coach with purpose.

Instead of asking McRaven, McConaughey, or some paid motivational speaker to speak to the team/staff, just bring in a regular, frustrated diehard Texas fan to fucking knock some sense into everyone. Because they clearly still don’t get it. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Instead of asking McRaven, McConaughey, or some paid motivational speaker to speak to the team/staff, just bring in a regular, frustrated diehard Texas fan to fucking knock some sense into everyone. Because they clearly still don’t get it. 

This times TEN MILLION!

We are so canned, so processed, so unauthentic.  Everything is an act with this program and those who surround it.

I think Saban’s greatest quality is his ability to create an edge and have his team/staff mentally prepared every week. 

It can’t be easy. Bama has been a dynasty team and everyone expects them to win 98% of the time. I think the reason they are so great is Saban still tries to create chip and build urgency/intensity all week. You can tell how much the praise infuriates him. Rat poison. He’s doing everything he can to get rid of it. 

Too bad Sark didn’t absorb that quality  from Nick. 

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Like we "see" it with Wooderson and all the other canned retreads?

Thinking a ra ra speech from a fan is going to flip a switch is hilarious.  I'm also not saying that one from one of our A-listers is any better.  Nobody from the outside is lighting a fire under their ass in any meaningful way.

43 minutes ago, Cajun said:

He did not beat Alabama.  He almost beat them.

Fuck off with that bullshit and don't give me refs.

It shows where we are.  Very telling.

Normally I say if you lose you lose don’t blame the refs but that was one of the few times I’ve heard the national media come out and say we got jobbed by the refs and should have won.  But it’s a loss in the books.  This team needs to realize that the Big12 refs are going to fuck them in any close games.  They need to learn how to put team away when they have the chance.  

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That was one of the least impressive Tech offenses in many, many years. And they just methodically ate up our defense. Watching our defense stand there flat footed trying to keep everything in front of them was infuriating. You can’t wait for them to make a mistake. You have to force turnovers. Good grief. 

We made the worst QB we're going to face this season look like a fucking unstoppable force. Maybe the ULM QB was worse, but that would be the only one. 331 & 2 TDS w/ no INTS & 42 w/ 1 TD on the ground. That's the Charlie Strong special in regards to sucky QBs lighting us up. We gave up 3rd & 20+ TWICE, 3rd & 10+ 3 or 4 times, that absolutely can't happen against that QB. You know they're going to go for it if it's reasonable so you have to attack on 3rd downs instead of sitting back. He's a turnover waiting to happen if you fluster him just a little bit instead of sitting back & giving him easy throws. What an absolute abomination of a defensive game. You could feel the letdown in the stadium at half, it was palpable. TTU fans were ready to head back to the tailgate & get (more) plastered until we completely shit ourselves for an entire half... AGAIN. I texted my brother at the start of the 3rd quarter that it was one of the quietest sporting events I'd ever been to, there was probably more noise at the spring game than the first half of this game. Once it was apparent that we were shitting ourselves the crowd started getting into it, but it wasn't an issue for the first 2-1/2 quarters & we had every opportunity to empty the stadium in the 3rd quarter but we couldn't get off the field on defense & went 3/4 & out 4 out of 5 drives on offense. Pathetic

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The real question is - 

If he/we can get sky-high for Bama, fully prepared and shooting lightning bolts out of our asses, how come we don't give a fuck about Tech, have no idea how NC State kicked their assholes up between their ears, and don't bother to imagine what we would do if our QB2 hopped off the field on one leg, carrying his right foot in a bag full of ice and Authentic Burnt Orange GatorAde™?

There's Saban's "secret" right there. Motivate the fucking players. And the coaches. And the fans.

I saw little to no evidence that the D had ever even heard of Patterson. The game plan on D was apparently to limit Tech to five-yard passes and then tackle them fairly soon after they caught the ball. 

We may be seeing the reason that west coast fans appear to not give a fuck about football. Seems like losing by three is no different than winning by three, it's just a matter of clock management and not bothering to plan for "unimportant" games.

Oh, and let's not forget to not run out of time, but if we do, claim a moral victory.

That's where we are. Where are we going?

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Thinking a ra ra speech from a fan is going to flip a switch is hilarious.  I'm also not saying that one from one of our A-listers is any better.  Nobody from the outside is lighting a fire under their ass in any meaningful way.

Agreed, but I was going with the premise of the debate between the two posters, which was an either/or.

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The real question is - 

If he/we can get sky-high for Bama, fully prepared and shooting lightning bolts out of our asses, how come we don't give a fuck about Tech, have no idea how NC State kicked their assholes up between their ears, and don't bother to imagine what we would do if our QB2 hopped off the field on one leg, carrying his right foot in a bag full of ice and Authentic Burnt Orange GatorAde™?

There's Saban's "secret" right there. Motivate the fucking players. And the coaches. And the fans.

I saw little to no evidence that the D had ever even heard of Patterson. The game plan on D was apparently to limit Tech to five-yard passes and then tackle them fairly soon after they caught the ball. 

We may be seeing the reason that west coast fans appear to not give a fuck about football. Seems like losing by three is no different than winning by three, it's just a matter of clock management and not bothering to plan for "unimportant" games.

Oh, and let's not forget to not run out of time, but if we do, claim a moral victory.

That's where we are. Where are we going?

I think Nick's pitch has always been "want to play for the NFL?  Ok, come play for me. "  He's not a rah rah, "let's win this for our fans" kind of guy.

21 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Normally I say if you lose you lose don’t blame the refs but that was one of the few times I’ve heard the national media come out and say we got jobbed by the refs and should have won.  But it’s a loss in the books.  This team needs to realize that the Big12 refs are going to fuck them in any close games.  They need to learn how to put team away when they have the chance.  

It's a loss.  The refs sucked ass, but it's a loss.  Period.

Full stop.

Just now, closetohumping said:

I think Nick's pitch has always been "want to play for the NFL?  Ok, come play for me. "  He's not a rah rah, "let's win this for our fans" kind of guy.

It doesn't take rah-rah. You don't have to convince them to win one for the gipper, or for their late grandma. Convince them to win one for the million-dollar paycheck they'll be getting if they give that 100% effort.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

It doesn't take rah-rah. You don't have to convince them to win one for the gipper, or for their late grandma. Convince them to win one for the million-dollar paycheck they'll be getting if they give that 100% effort.

Right.  You're agreeing with me.  

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Saban despises Bama fans.  

No different when he was at LSU.  I saw it first hand on several occasions.

I think that was part of the reason why he was considering us in the first place.  He's not really a southern guy.

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks