Ja'Tavion Sanders--the Offense's Agent Zero

Braff Zacklin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

If he knew he wasn’t going to be a great tester why not come back to school and get stronger? Sure he would have gotten a fat NIL check. 

Compare rookie check to NIL? Compare 4-year for this draft to 4-year for next ... IF he gets bigger, better blocking, better testing, and catches that do-or-die TD or sells the interference call.

All things considered, I'd say it's a toss-up and the bird in the hand is as good a reason to go to the draft. Good decision or bad decsion? Remains to be seen.

JT is a Longhorn, so I will always root for his success, but let's be honest, he hasn't done himself any favors since the end of the season.  

I get that combine studs don't always succeed in the league, but you'd have hoped he could have performed somewhere in the meaty part of TE performance curve.  

His combine performance was abysmal.  When I was at UT my "warm-up" weight was 225, and I weighed about 150 lbs.  How the hell can a guy who outweighs that by almost 100 lbs not get more than 8 reps.  It's stunning really.

If he wants to stay in the league he better get his shit together and start gaining strength.