Ja'Tavion Sanders--the Offense's Agent Zero

Braff Zacklin

• Braff Zacklin changed the title to Ja'Tavion Sanders--the Offense's Agent Zero

I'm shocked.  After the last 10 years of watching Texas football, it's like we suddenly rediscovered that we are allowed to pass to tight ends again.

I'm all aboard the JT Sanders hype train, though.  I hope the dude smashes every TE record here at the 40 Acres by the time he is done here.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Stupid question alert. Is Billingsley in the dog house? 

I sure want me some 2 TE looks with both Billingsley and Sanders running routes. That would be damn near impossible to stop.

He was suspended 6 games. He's back this week. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I work with a woman whose husband coaches at Ryan.  Last season she told me he is a massive athletic talent who in HS didn't really have to work all that hard because he was just that much freakishly better than everybody else but if the coaches can get him to put in the work will be an absolute beast.  Looks like Sark and Co has him putting in the work.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This tweet has two vids. Second clip features the dime Quinn drops to JT in the second quarter. Might have to clickthru to see it, though.

What's crazy about that pass to JT is Quinn's anticipation. Quinn starts to throw the ball before Sanders is even with the defender.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Somewhat disgusting that the best we could do with Thomas and Finley over their times here was 5TDs in a season.

Never forget that 2007 OU game where Jermichael was ripping Sooner assholes in the first half and then Greg said, "well that's enough of that"

• Rage+1 5

43 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Never forget that 2007 OU game where Jermichael was ripping Sooner assholes in the first half and then Greg said, "well that's enough of that"

Also the game DJ Monroe got 1 touch for a 65 yard TD run and never saw the field again

• Rage+1 2

I remember being so jealous of OU for how they used Jermaine Gresham. That dude was like a Swiss army knife. He allowed them to go from passing sets to running sets with perfect personnel and no subbing. It created so many mismatches. It's awesome to see Texas not only have an elite TE but also use him correctly.

Edited by Mikey4
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

He's a complete badass.  Am I wrong that this makes me a little ragey:

FRESHMAN (2021)
Played in all 12 games … appeared primarily on special teams with the field goal unit.

Maybe he needed to get bigger and stronger to be an effective blocker but the hands and athletic ability were evident in his high school film.  I know, I know, how can you keep Cade Brewer and Jared Wiley off the field?

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

it's the reason J Mike left early. he was so sick of GDGD that he made his mind up to leave after the OU game, going so far as to sign with an agent in the hotel after the ASU Holiday Bowl, before we even flew home. a damn shame that his NFL career was cut short with a serious injury. 

• 10 months later...