2022 Election Day Thread - Midterm Rumble

Js1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

so, can someone give me an update? Senate is 50/50? Is house gonna stay dem?

Senate is going to be 50D-49R with a runoff in GA to determine 50/50 or 51/49

House can still be held 218-217 with a perfect path but likely to be a GOP majority of 5 or FEWER seats 

Fixed for the grammar nerds 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Senate is going to be 50D-49R with a runoff in GA to determine 50/50 or 51/49

House can still be held 218-217 with a perfect path but likely to be a GOP majority of 5 or less seats 

218-217 for either party would be amazing. All the reps would be chained to the chamber the whole time. 

• Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

218-217 for either party would be amazing. All the reps would be chained to the chamber the whole time. 

I already said that any early retirement, sudden resignation or death would lead to bajillion dollar special elections for 2 years.

And it’s basically guaranteed there will always a special election. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

I already said that any early retirement, sudden resignation or death would lead to bajillion dollar special elections for 2 years.

And it’s basically guaranteed there will always a special election. 

Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if the R’s have the house 218-217 and some old Republican dies of a heart attack or something.  Facebook will be flooded with Clinton had that congressman killed or some shit like that.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

so, can someone give me an update? Senate is 50/50? Is house gonna stay dem?

AZ- Kelly will win.

NV- CCM is likely to catch Laxalt. 

To take the Senate, the GOP needs 2/3 of NV, AZ and GA. GOP best path is NV + GA. Probably not going to happen. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Can you imagine the conspiracy theories if the R’s have the house 218-217 and some old Republican dies of a heart attack or something.  Facebook will be flooded with Clinton had that congressman killed or some shit like that.

All your special elections belong to me 

image.thumb.jpeg.cbabf010004f617fbedb305a01d1048a.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

You really think it matters? 

funniest thing I have read all week.  

Bargaining phase for $2000 Alex.

Don’t underestimate independents and moderates from both sides.  They PUNISHED the dems in congress during the 2020 election because of the Defund the police crap while simultaneously handing the White House to Biden. It was a massive disappointment.

In 2022, the same voters sided with the democrats and they are the reason we’re winning lots of close races all over the country. Look at Kemp and Raffensperger who stood up to Trumps election denial bullshit. They cruised to re-election on the backs of independents and a decent chunk of dem votes. The theme of this election is voters are destroying election deniers and people who seek to destroy our electoral processes. If the GOP spends all of their time on hunter Biden, shutting down the government during debt negotiations, and other worthless bullshit which they will because they never have anything to offer the American people, They will regret it.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Pods said:

AZ- Kelly will win.

NV- CCM is likely to catch Laxalt. 

To take the Senate, the GOP needs 2/3 of NV, AZ and GA. GOP best path is NV + GA. Probably not going to happen. 

If the Dems win both AZ and NV, then the GOP isn't showing up in GA for Hershall in a runoff.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

If the Dems win both AZ and NV, then the GOP isn't showing up in GA for Hershall in a runoff.

Dems need the Georgia seat badly no matter what happens in NV and AZ. The senate map is so terrible in 2024. I doubt the dems winning the senate will damper our enthusiasm. We will still get our base in and around Atlanta to show up. Dem Voters were mainly showing up to support Warnock while republicans were mainly showing up to vote for Kemp.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Dems need the Georgia seat badly no matter what happens in NV and AZ. The senate map is so terrible in 2024. I doubt the dems winning the senate will damper our enthusiasm. We will still get our base in and around Atlanta to show up. Dem Voters were mainly showing up to support Warnock while republicans were mainly showing up to vote for Kemp.

We need it just to nullify Manchin, just saying winning these two will greatly help and deflate the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1

I barely worried about Kelly. Masters is such a bad candidate. The guy is a joke. He supported full abortion with no exceptions in the Arizona GOP primary and when he got the nomination, he came out and said he supports abortion at 15 weeks.

Anyone who voted for this guy is a massive hypocrite or just a complete moron.

Edited by Voldemort86

I watched Fox News. I never watch Fox News because all they do is bash liberals, but I wanted to see their reaction to the disappointing election results and their take on the ongoing vote counting. They slammed Arizona and Nevada for counting too slowly, they brought on Kari Lake who was citing some numbers I haven’t seen anywhere else saying she and masters was going to win batches of votes by a 75 to 25 clip. They brought Lindsey Graham on who said Herschel Walker is the best guy the senate could possibly have. He would switch black voters from democrat to republican all over the country if they could just get him into the senate. Graham also said “no way does Laxalt lose”. They brought on Newt Gingrich, the same guy who predicted that 2018 would be a massive red wave and 2020 would be a Donald Trump landslide in the middle of a pandemic that he Trumps administration badly botched. 

they interviewed Stephen Miller who said that the moment they take over the gavel that the Biden administration needs to be investigated like nobody ever has before. 

I know losing isn’t fun, but the delusion and craziness is off the charts with these folks. Nevada, Arizona, and Georgia look to all be going blue if you just look at the facts in front of you.

Edited by Voldemort86

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I don’t think the majority of voters look at shit like that. If the senate is already locked up for Ds, the enthusiasm from Rs will pop like a balloon. Many Rs were already holding their nose to vote for him. They aren’t going to stand in line in the cold to do it for no immediate value. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I barely worried about Kelly. Masters is such a bad candidate. The guy is a joke. He supported full abortion with no exceptions in the Arizona GOP primary and when he got the nomination, he came out and said he supports abortion at 15 weeks.

Anyone who voted for this guy is a massive hypocrite or just a complete moron staunch Republican.

5 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

I don’t think the ga rs will show up to vote for walker. They showed up now voting against Stacy and for Kemp. Them showing up to vote for just Walker isn’t happening 

This right here. The dumbfuck Rs will say "Well, we voted for him once" and feel good about their effort and that they don't hate black people.  Go to the polls a second time for him?  They're going to be busy that day.

Warnock should roll.

Edited by Bullneck

If the House can stay within 5-7 seats, McCarthy will struggle to get much done. Every GOP sub-group will attempt to extract something from McCarthy on each vote but he doesn’t have the power to give anything.

we also might discover a few more mavericks in the GOP side that have stayed quiet because there was no value in rocking the boat.

There’s going to be votes where McCarthy will have to ask for Dem support.