The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Serious question: If you exorcise MAGA from the GOP, what's left at this point?  Mitt Romney and who else?  The Joe Strauses have retired.  The McCain's have moved on to the great congressional hearing in the sky.

Exorcising MAGA from the GOP at this point would be like trying to exorcise the fly from Jeff Goldblum:

fly-fb-1.jpg

It can't be done.  There's nothing left of the infected host to save.

I truly don't know how we get out of this, because we no longer have two political parties.  We have one political party, and one psychopathic death cult that is LITERALLY PROMISING TO END THE REPUBLIC TO INSTALL AUTHORITARIAN FASCISM.   This only ends in unspeakable pain and blood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

14 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Serious question: If you exorcise MAGA from the GOP, what's left at this point?  Mitt Romney and who else?  The Joe Strauses have retired.  The McCain's have moved on to the great congressional hearing in the sky.

Mags republicans on the hill would reverse course asap, it’s what they do…go where the wind takes them

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Patrick McHenry goes after Mike Johnson:

Mike Johnson's Predecessor Turns on Him (msn.com)

Republican Ken Buck "embarrassed" by his Republican party's inability to do anything construtive:

Top House Republican Is “Embarrassed” and “Ashamed” Of GOP’s Actions (msn.com)

It would actually mean something  if they said “Either Johnson gets it together or we are going independent”.

I'm really thinking about voting in the R primary.

https://www.keranews.org/news/2024-02-26/west-texas-billionaires-back-candidates-opposing-house-republicans-who-supported-paxton-impeachment

One of the people Dunn and Wilks are targeting is my local rep, Lynn Stucky.

Y'all remember Katrina Pierson? She got 50k to run against Holland.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08/15/katrina-pierson-trump-campaign/

And a little more recent

There was seemingly a flirtation with TX 06

And here we are today

Lynn Stucky. I have to vote for Lynn Fucking Stucky 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's fun, and in a red state, actually gives your vote some meaning in races that the R will probably win anyway.

I voted Roy Moore in the 2017 R primary because Mo Brooks was an angry little snow monkey, Luther Strange (despite being 8 feet tall and having a super-villain name) was a slick little conniver, and there was some other guy I forget because he bored me.

Moore was already proven crazy so I picked crazy for my personal entertainment. I figured he'd win one term then get frog-marched offstage after some national embarrassment and we'd get a very public Federal enema (which actually does help, I recommend it sometime.)

Little did I know that the ghosts of 14-year-old girlfriends past would rise up to crush Roy Moore under the granite slab of his own religiosity.

So yeah, have some fun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, your voting choices are none of my business.  But if your next art show isn't titled, "Federal Enema", I will find you and punch you in the brain.  

That oughta be like catching a fly with chop sticks, YGIFS-san.

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

https://www.keranews.org/news/2024-02-26/west-texas-billionaires-back-candidates-opposing-house-republicans-who-supported-paxton-impeachment

One of the people Dunn and Wilks are targeting is my local rep, Lynn Stucky.

Y'all remember Katrina Pierson? She got 50k to run against Holland.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/08/15/katrina-pierson-trump-campaign/

And a little more recent

There was seemingly a flirtation with TX 06

And here we are today

Lynn Stucky. I have to vote for Lynn Fucking Stucky 

LOL, he was our family's veterinarian for years when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Philandering Ken Paxton keeps calling Dade Phelan "Drunk Dade."  Meanwhile, Ken Paxton endorsed Nathan Criswell, a wife-beater who violated a restraining order.  This is what Criswell did to his wife:

image.thumb.png.1f79a628ba8aacb7909d5dcd6973c38f.png

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ken-paxton-endorses-nathan-criswell-who-violated-protective-order

michael berry too, keeps calling him Drunk Dade 

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

michael berry too, keeps calling him Drunk Dade 

His "endorsements" are a direct copy of Ken Paxton's, which means he's carrying water for Tim Dunn, which means for all his talk about limited government, he's all for an overreaching role of the government in the private lives of the citizenry. Plus, Michael Berry "endorsed" Donald Trump, a man who bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women and being able to get away with it because he's a star. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Philandering Ken Paxton keeps calling Dade Phelan "Drunk Dade."  Meanwhile, Ken Paxton endorsed Nathan Criswell, a wife-beater who violated a restraining order.  This is what Criswell did to his wife:

image.thumb.png.1f79a628ba8aacb7909d5dcd6973c38f.png

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ken-paxton-endorses-nathan-criswell-who-violated-protective-order

One guy in the election took on an active shooter. The other guy in the election took on his wife.

Which one do I endorse?!

Just now, HenryJames said:

One guy in the election took on an active shooter. The other guy in the election took on his wife.

Which one do I endorse?!

Well, the thing is that Republicans like mass shooters and hate women. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

His "endorsements" are a direct copy of Ken Paxton's, which means he's carrying water for Tim Dunn, which means for all his talk about limited government, he's all for an overreaching role of the government in the private lives of the citizenry. Plus, Michael Berry "endorsed" Donald Trump, a man who bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women and being able to get away with it because he's a star. 

berry is a paid talking piece / radio character. Cut him a check or slide him some business and he’s all in 

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Must really burn up Paxton that he can’t do shit about Cornyn, all the while Cornyn mocking him with the prison talk and maybe making a few people look into Paxton.

It’s a wonderful story and had massive potential to be a great film given the cast and director.  But “the Counselor” flopped as a movie.  The parallels, though, between Ken and the protagonist are substantial.  And of course written by a man who spent a lot of his life in Texas.  

ken is in survival mode.  And one doesn’t always make the best decisions in that mode.  

“it’s not a question of whether you’re going out at this point, counselor.  It’s a question of who you’re taking with you.”  

I loved the Counselor.

Describing Cameron Diaz fucking a windshield like a catfish sucking its way up the side of an aquarium was some of Cormac McCarthy's very best writing.  RIP

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

This is great. What a weird leap day, I'm agreeing with Cornyn. But holy shit what a great shot at Paxton

Came here to post this. 100% pure awesomeness.  The response to Cornyn's tweet is almost 100% bots slamming him for being a RINO.  Same with Lindsay Graham's tweet in praise of Mitch McConnell.

I want to vote on the R Primary but it is hard when you are weighing the Paxton supported candidates vs the Abbott supported ones.

Paxton wants to get rid of anyone that supported impeachment. Abbott wants to get rid of anyone that is against his voucher scheme. Finding a candidate that was for impeachment and against vouchers means going to the Dem primary.  

Is there a place to look this shit up instead of reading the crap that comes in the mailbox?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, TexasEd said:

I want to vote on the R Primary but it is hard when you are weighing the Paxton supported candidates vs the Abbott supported ones.

Paxton wants to get rid of anyone that supported impeachment. Abbott wants to get rid of anyone that is against his voucher scheme. Finding a candidate that was for impeachment and against vouchers means going to the Dem primary.  

Is there a place to look this shit up instead of reading the crap that comes in the mailbox?

Vote-usa?

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I wonder how close the moderate conservatives are to splitting off.  Haley holds some cards if she is willing to run 3rd party.

thats how bizarre the times are.  haley is as solid a republican as they come, and she has to run as a third party?  trump is the third party candidate.

• Hook 'Em 9

30 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I wonder how close the moderate conservatives are to splitting off.  Haley holds some cards if she is willing to run 3rd party.

I don't think you are allowed to run as a 3rd party candidate if you participated in either the maga or democratic primary.

17 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I don't think you are allowed to run as a 3rd party candidate if you participated in either the maga or democratic primary.

Guess Nikki will need to be elected first before rules and laws don't apply.  Of course they didn't apply to Dotard before either, or he wouldn't have been allowed to run based on paying a prostitute, therefor compromising him in the first place.  Oh but what are we going to do.

Republicans are now in the purging rolls portion of the election timeline now.  Will this be handed back to the state rights again?  

18 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Nikki will bend the knee.  They all do.  She wants to run again in 2028.

image.thumb.png.57a573b7cb488707bd6796adf3397d83.png

Hell, I still think there's a good chance Haley winds up Trump's VP candidate. It would likely help him with some in the "Never Trump" camp, I bet. All she has to do to get back in his good graces is to say everything said prior to that was just typical campaigning. Trump loves people who love him. That's all she has to tell him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Hell, I still think there's a good chance Haley winds up Trump's VP candidate. It would likely help him with some in the "Never Trump" camp, I bet. All she has to do to get back in his good graces is to say everything said prior to that was just typical campaigning. Trump loves people who love him. That's all she has to tell him.

She will have to blow him.  And she will.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

she's been moving farther from him, not closer.

We'll see. I'm expecting worst-case scenarios at this point. She could help him in the general if they can make up. Trump's a whore. He'll do it if he thinks it will help him. I also don't think very highly of Haley either. I could see a scenario where she decides being Trump's VP is better than nothing at all. And she would't be the first "mortal enemy" of his to do a complete 180 when you least expect it.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't know. Romney pathetically tried to beg his way back in and Trump told him to get fucked. And that was for a cabinet position, not VP. 

Back in 2016? Things are much different for Trump now. The stakes are WAY higher. He HAS to get elected however he can. If she can help him, he'll welcome her back provided she publicly bends the knee(s).

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm only saying it would not surprise me in the slightest -- you know, this timeline and everything.

• Hook 'Em 1