The Republican Civil War - it will be because we destroyed ourselves

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I’m not a registered Democrat in Texas?  Shocker.  Neither are you.  There aren’t any.

In Texas, technically, you are "affiliated" (registered) with the party corresponding to the primary you voted in until the next election cycle?

Sec. 162.003. AFFILIATION BY VOTING IN PRIMARY. A person becomes affiliated with a political party when the person:

(1) is accepted to vote in the party's primary election; or

(2) returns an early voting or limited primary ballot voted by mail.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

Then I am legally affiliated with three parties technically.  Should I go with pans-party or tri-party or poly-party?  

imma go Brick Tamland and send out invites to the Pants-Party!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Then I am legally affiliated with three parties technically.  Should I go with pans-party or tri-party or poly-party?  

That law definitely did not make allowances for multiple personalities.

Republampcan

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Is it too much to hope for him to host another golf tournament?  

• Haha 1

This simulation…the day the orange man dies I will be raptured.

One of the people in the photos with Dade just had a grandson named after my father (his daughter is married to former democrat state rep Mark Stiles’ son, for chrissake) another donated $350K to my non-profit to support the homeless, and another has done more to help the wives of alcoholics than anyone else I know. These people aren't serious politicos. If anything they are a rich white people social club. So I can reluctantly forgive the Cruz buttons.

Meanwhile…

• Rage+1 1

What a piece of human shit, Dan Patrick turned out to be.  We won't be raptured.  I'm sure you'll hold on your to your foundational recovery, but me?  I'm a dead man.  

Y'all be sure to piss away $75mm on a Democratic opponent to Cruz this cycle when there's a handful of actual competitive races you could honestly win.  Good luck with the yardsigns, they should really make a difference.  I'm out. 

Edited by YGIFS

2 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I'm done. Every goddamned day the rhetoric gets boosted. I'm getting triggered by the simple act of checking my fucking mail.

77efcc031567e19ef5e51c63d5809d5e.jpg

Maybe the Democrat mailer should be, "Why isn't so and so, celebrating Pi Day?  Because they are an anti science zero who openly believes in witchcraft."

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/7/2024 at 8:12 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Our rural Dems are literally the *only* people fighting for rural Texas because the urban dems are mostly concerned with urban issues and our “rural Republicans” are mostly concerned with sparkly statewide culture war bullshit and also not rural besides, due to gerrymandering. 
if the TDP wasn’t organized to lose, they’d spend 80% of their time and money on your county courthouse steps, because that’s the path to victory to Texas, as it ever was. 

Rural Republicans and Dems just gave school vouchers the business over several special sessions. Dems fighting for Medicaid expansion know the damage rural hospital closures bring as well and will be the same coalition on any Medicaid expansion, I’d guess.

School district and hospital usually the biggest employers in rural districts.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

catturd jumping in. The irony of catturd (who is influential in MAGA circles with his 2.3M followers) calling Cornyn a traitor while worshipping Trump is almost too much for the simulation.

Where does Catturd rank in the GQP power structure these days?  In the unfortunate event that Trump makes it back into the WH, only to stroke out during a social media rant on the crapper, where is he in the order of presidential succession? Admittedly President CatTurd would be a tough pill to swallow, but at least we'll get to see the look on Rafael's smug face when he is summoned to lick CatTurds boots (which he will). 

Edited by Blotto

While y'all are chuckling at the GQP Civil War, I just want to offer the sobering truth: this Civil War was over before it began.  MAGA will win.  It will win completely, and totally.  And, knowing what we know of the fortitude and integrity of the remainder of the GQP....they'll fall in line.

It's going to be a Civil War that has few lasting casualties and results in a unified MAGA party with complete and total control, with NOTHING left to even provide a minimal brake against their breakneck hurtling towards full-on treasonous insanity.  You think that shit like Trump in his 3rd term launching a military strike against California cities is impossible.  It's not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

Where does Catturd rank in the GQP power structure these days?  In the unfortunate event that Trump makes it back into the WH, only to stroke out during a social media rant on the crapper, where is he in the order of presidential succession? Admittedly President CatTurd would be a tough pill to swallow, but at least we'll get to see the look on Rafael's smug face when he is summoned to lick CatTurds boots (which he will). 

Not satire:

IMG_0165.jpeg

• Haha 4

https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/crime/men-accused-of-accosting-dade-phelan-wife-beaumont-home/502-dbb22413-4b6f-4d80-9d45-ce4b3b705ac5

Wittman also said the incident was "part of a disturbing pattern" and mentioned the recent arrest of an Orange County man who was arrested for making a terroristic threat against Phelan. She described the man as an "outspoken David Covey supporter."

37 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

"Harassment and threats have no place in politics. My campaign is about promoting conservative policies and restoring true representation to Southeast Texas. The volunteers associated with my campaign believe in our goals and treat prospective voters with the utmost respect. We will continue engaging with voters in a way consistent with our Southeast Texas values," Covey said.

Harassment and threats have no place in the politics of SE Texas? Has he ever been to Vidor?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Harassment and threats have no place in the politics of SE Texas? Has he ever been to Vidor?

No one is supposed to go to Vidor... you're supposed to keep driving past it... especially after dark.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, C-Man said:

That's at least the 3th MAGA typo I've seen in the last week.

'Member when the Right was all about Classical Education from our "lil old European ancestors?" They had to amend that some because it got confusing for their party when discussing the 7 Liberal Arts of medieval curriculum because of the word "liberal." The Seven: Grammar, Rhetoric, Logic, Arithmetic, Geometry, Music, Astronomy.

I remember. (I include spelling with grammar)

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

39 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Harassment and threats have no place in the politics of SE Texas? Has he ever been to Vidor? the GQP?  Has he not been paying attention?

When the rest of the world wakes up and acknowledges that the modern GQP checks pretty much all of the boxes of an extremist terrorist movement (including this big one: violence is a necessary and key element of their activity), we're all wasting our time.

If you support the GQP in any way, you support terrorism.  And ironically, that means Dade, too.  The Leopards are now eating his face.  There's no place for good men of any decency in that party - the longer you stay, the more you make it inevitable that the Leopards will eat your face.  There is only one path for Americans, actually loyal to the Constitution and the Republic to take: oppose the Republican party, in every place, in every way, as if it was Al Qaeda.  Because, for all purposes that matter, IT IS AL QAEDA.

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

'Member when the Right was all about Classical Education from our "lil old European ancestors?" They had to amend that some because it got confusing for their party when discussing the 7 Liberal Arts of medieval curriculum because of the word "liberal." The Seven: Grammar, Rhetoric, Logic, Arithmetic, Geometry, Music, Astronomy.

I remember. (I include spelling with grammar)

Trivium and Quadrivium holla.

To be fair, education is what you want for your second son, going into the church. The IT geeks of the Middle Ages.

• Hook 'Em 1

When the rest of the world wakes up and acknowledges that the modern GQP checks pretty much all of the boxes of an extremist terrorist movement (including this big one: violence is a necessary and key element of their activity), we're all wasting our time.
If you support the GQP in any way, you support terrorism.  And ironically, that means Dade, too.  The Leopards are now eating his face.  There's no place for good men of any decency in that party - the longer you stay, the more you make it inevitable that the Leopards will eat your face.  There is only one path for Americans, actually loyal to the Constitution and the Republic to take: oppose the Republican party, in every place, in every way, as if it was Al Qaeda.  Because, for all purposes that matter, IT IS AL QAEDA.

Are you God’s agent saying I should run for TX21 as a Democrat?

(My wife and Mrs. Dade (ad litem) will be in court tomorrow protecting a child. There are photos - a mother drugged out, her toddler sitting in the bed playing with an AK47.)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

(My wife and Mrs. Dade (ad litem) will be in court tomorrow protecting a child. There are photos - a mother drugged out, her toddler sitting in the bed playing with an AK47.)

Kid was guarding the drugs- you gonna roust him for that?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

If it pleases the court, the child had a good day that day, as evidenced by the fact that he was not required to discharge the item with which he was photographed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Cornyn and Paxton going after one another on Twitter has to be one of the greatest things ever. When your Republican former attorney general and your Republican current attorney general are having a public pissing contest ... well, I'm making popcorn and margaritas.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

If they can pay his bills they have more money than they need.

If the numbers are right, they can pay some of his bills but will then have no money for campaigning and it would create a situation where a lot of donors are scared off - those who want to pay Trump’s bills would have already donated directly to Trump’s PACs and they would have made sure to get something out of it.

Lara Trump fucked up when she said they intend to make the RNC’s finances Trump’s finances.   Like dumbasses, they revealed their hand. And if Haley Barbour of all people is getting out there publicly and trying to slow-roll things, that means a bunch of donors are not happy.  My guess is that Barbour and Co. are going to get all of the money spent on advertising or tied up in some other manner before Trump gets his hands on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If the numbers are right, they can pay some of his bills but will then have no money for campaigning and it would create a situation where a lot of donors are scared off - those who want to pay Trump’s bills would have already donated directly to Trump’s PACs and they would have made sure to get something out of it.
 Lara Trump fucked up when she said they intend to make the RNC’s finances Trump’s finances.   Like dumbasses, they revealed their hand. And if Haley Barbour of all people is getting out there publicly and trying to slow-roll things, that means a bunch of donors are not happy.  My guess is that Barbour and Co. are going to get all of the money spent on advertising or tied up in some other manner before Trump gets his hands on it.

Either way…it really means that there is little RNC money to be spent on any other races. There’s not much there right now - even if they use it for those races, it isn’t much. And, if you’re interested in supporting. Republicans broadly, would you contribute to the RNC knowing the risks that it’s going to be stolen by the Trumps?
This story may well be the best news for the rest of us in a LONG time. The criminal cases and whatnot are great, but this could be the difference-maker.
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And, if you’re interested in supporting. Republicans broadly, would you contribute to the RNC knowing the risks that it’s going to be stolen by the Trumps?

You wouldn’t - you’d look for a PAC (or set one up) to do that, which means the RNC loses some financial relevance.  And I’d argue that  could make Trump and Co. happy as it weakens the RNC.  If you were a con man grifting off of donors, weakening the competition is good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Serious question: If you exorcise MAGA from the GOP, what's left at this point?  Mitt Romney and who else?  The Joe Strauses have retired.  The McCain's have moved on to the great congressional hearing in the sky.

• Rage+1 1