Oklahoma @ West Virginia

Constant

9 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

God I love the Venables hire.  He got run off from Norman last time because his defenses sucked against modern offenses.  They also brought that mongoloid Schmitty back.  

His defense hires were horrible.  Roof?  Valai? Horrible hires.  Roof is his Shawn Watson.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love it because OU fans get to experience what we did with Charlie. Maybe they can also eek into a bowl game and get a borderline erotic blowout to a former conference foe. 

I admit, when OU beat Kansas and Iowa State I figured they might finish strong and get to 8-4, maybe splitting Baylor and OSU. The loss today is another setback for them. I think they’ll be able to get to 6-6 but not sure I’d take them to win both Bedlam and in Lubbock. And if Tech vs OU is a game between 5-6 teams, I’m pretty sure Tech is going to be a lot more motivated to get to the bowl game.

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

What were they thinking hiring him? Could they really not get Heupel? I know they ran him out before Riley came along but fuck. Venables was a terrible hire. He’s their Charlie and it’s glorious  

They were thinking he was the next stoops. DC from successful program. They seem to have forgotten how they ran him out of town before.

The mental gymnastics they went through to proclaim BV>LR last offseason are looking pretty funny now.

Player is giving himself up in the end zone. Knee on the ground. Shoulder to the head.

If that one is going to be rationalized away, anything the officials call tonight is good to go.
He was STARTING to give himself up. Replay showed the knee didn't touch ground until a split second before the hit. If the receiver pulls up and the interceptor decided to run it out? Whistle wasn't blown. Play was still live. If he gets hit before the knee goes down and the ball pops out and goes out of bounds then it's a touch back. Play to the whistle.

But yeah, I'd be pissed if it was picked up against us, but I'd understand the reasoning whether I agreed or not.
  • Hook 'Em 1

He was STARTING to give himself up. Replay showed the knee didn't touch ground until a split second before the hit. If the receiver pulls up and the interceptor decided to run it out? Whistle wasn't blown. Play was still live. If he gets hit before the knee goes down and the ball pops out and goes out of bounds then it's a touch back. Play to the whistle.

But yeah, if be pissed of it was picked up against us, but I'd understand the reasoning whether I agreed or not.

A player who slides but hasn’t hit the ground yet has STARTED to give himself up. That’s what giving yourself up IS.

Awful call.

37 minutes ago, blacklab said:

They were thinking he was the next stoops. DC from successful program. They seem to have forgotten how they ran him out of town before.

The mental gymnastics they went through to proclaim BV>LR last offseason are looking pretty funny now.

Anyone that watched him act like a kid with severe case of untreated ADD having to be pulled off the field every play at Clemson, knew he was in his element there and not HC material.

A player who slides but hasn’t hit the ground yet has STARTED to give himself up. That’s what giving yourself up IS.

Awful call.

A QB is treated differently than any other player, and he wasn't sliding.

We've often seen an INT near the end of the game where the defender falls down to protect the possession. Lots of those guys get hit right after their knee hits the ground but it's not called because they do it just before the hit. Not enough to time to pull up. Doesn't matter that he was in the end zone. He stayed up until before the hit. It's a live ball.

A QB is treated differently than any other player, and he wasn't sliding.

We've often seen an INT near the end of the game where the defender falls down to protect the possession. Lots of those guys get hit right after their knee hits the ground but it's not called because they do it just before the hit. Not enough to time to pull up. Doesn't matter that he was in the end zone. He stayed up until before the hit. It's a live ball.

It’s not just QBs who can slide.

Awful call.

If you’re fine with it, we’re just not going to agree.

It’s not just QBs who can slide.

Awful call.

If you’re fine with it, we’re just not going to agree.
He. Didn't. Slide.

The optics looked bad but per the rule he was good to go for the hit. You don't have to like it or agree with it. The receiver was less than a step away when the knee went down. That's why the flag was picked up. I don't care if the defender intercepted it and just stood there in the end zone for 20 seconds. The play isn't over until the knee goes down. Go knock his head off until it is.

If it was that egregious they would have had some national officiating guy weighing in. They didn't. The only one who thought it was a penalty was the color guy who was ass anyway.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I love it because OU fans get to experience what we did with Charlie. Maybe they can also eek into a bowl game and get a borderline erotic blowout to a former conference foe. 

As shitty as Charlie was, his teams never lost to OU by more than 5.  Sure, they had double-digit deficits in the 4th quarter of both of those losses, but the team never gave up.  There were plenty of bed-shitters when he was a coach, but it was not against OU.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

What were they thinking hiring him? Could they really not get Heupel? I know they ran him out before Riley came along but fuck. Venables was a terrible hire. He’s their Charlie and it’s glorious  

They fired Heupel when he was their OC and brought in Lincoln Riley. Don’t know why Heupel would ever go back there. 

• Hook 'Em 1