Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Here is my fantasy land im going to live in for the next few weeks. Now that the charges are dropped he needs to immediately dump "Randi with one i". Then he needs to make a public apology to both the team and the university preferably before the ncaa tourney starts. My hope is we will let by-gones be by-gones and he can start prepping the team as a 2 seed.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Billy Donovan

I haven't been following the coaching search thread lately.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Billy gets fired if Chicago misses the playoffs again.
He'd be a huge name for us if we offered to make him the highest paid college coach!

If he's willing to switch from the 82 game grind to the fewer games but more recruiting grind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Here is my fantasy land im going to live in for the next few weeks. Now that the charges are dropped he needs to immediately dump "Randi with one i". Then he needs to make a public apology to both the team and the university preferably before the ncaa tourney starts. My hope is we will let by-gones be by-gones and he can start prepping the team as a 2 seed.

Lol and then he hires Coach K, Jay Wright, and Billy Donovan to round out his bench staff.

8 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I haven't been following the coaching search thread lately.
But I wouldn't be surprised if Billy gets fired if Chicago misses the playoffs again.
He'd be a huge name for us if we offered to make him the highest paid college coach!

If he's willing to switch from the 82 game grind to the fewer games but more recruiting grind.

It has been hashed and rehashed about Donovan not wanting to get back into college. You need to read and comprehend.

donovon = 0.001%

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

It might be better for him to leave the college scene, coach in the NBA as an assistant for a couple of years, and then make a comeback to a major college program. I don't think he is going to get a big time college gig now while the DV incidence and pictures of his incarceration are still fresh on everyone's mind.

I see you never met 99% of college AD's. He will be on a big time bench next fall

The findings that he makes shitty decisions, has bad judgment, bad taste, and then pissed off the very people he should piss off, however, have been sustained in the case of "Well, Yeah, No Shit."

I wish he wasn't a jackass who makes really bad decisions.  But my wish is for naught.  

F'n idiot.  Had a bird's nest on the ground, and blew it.  For....nothing worthwhile.

• Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think, after Randi recanted, there was a tiny chance but that lawyer stuff really made it seem like Beard wasn’t sorry and was an asshole about it internally. Only CDC and his circle and Beard and his lawyer know how the investigation went but I’m guessing Beard came off badly 

Maybe he stays indefinitely suspended until the DA drops the charges or decided to go forward. 

That’s not my understanding of how it went down. 

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

a&m is going to back the brinks truck up to Beard this year or next watch….  

I still think they end up throwing Calipari a lifeline. They love to crow about stealing a SITTING national champ coach like Jimbo 

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lol now it’s just funny. My top choices are probably Bennett, Lloyd, Muss, Oats 

Don’t know about Lloyd (literally- I have no opinion on him bc I don’t know anything about him) Bennett would be boring and might or might not win. The other two would be great. Would be fine with any of the 4 hires I guess. 

I don't see any realistic situation where Bennett leaves the place he won a NC at.

I no longer see Oats because of the revamped contract and heavy buyout. 

I question why Lloyd would leave Arizona/West Coast, and I would say Arizona is a better job than Texas. What would give me a slight bit of hope is I think UA is po. 

Muss isn't having a great year, but he just got back a top player from injury. I do believe Arkansas would pay what they need to keep him. They also have a better history than Texas. 

I'm a realist. Our options are thin. I'm hoping CDC can work his magic, but with the media hype of Terry, I'm wondering if the pressure would be too much to tell him no. 

I'm sad now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don't see any realistic situation where Bennett leaves the place he won a NC at.

I no longer see Oats because of the revamped contract and heavy buyout. 

I question why Lloyd would leave Arizona/West Coast, and I would say Arizona is a better job than Texas. What would give me a slight bit of hope is I think UA is po. 

Muss isn't having a great year, but he just got back a top player from injury. I do believe Arkansas would pay what they need to keep him. They also have a better history than Texas. 

I'm a realist. Our options are thin. I'm hoping CDC can work his magic, but with the media hype of Terry, I'm wondering if the pressure would be too much to tell him no. 

I'm sad now. 

No you’re not a realist. You’re a Texas fan. We condition ourselves to expect we won’t make a good hire. CDC laughs at your assumptions he won’t hire another home run 

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

tedlassogifs-roy-kent.gif

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

Can I just say one thing?

Fuck Chris Beard

roy-kent-tedlassogifs.gif

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

No you’re not a realist. You’re a Texas fan. We condition ourselves to expect we won’t make a good hire. CDC laughs at your assumptions he won’t hire another home run 

ted-lasso.gif

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CDC has done some good things but he’s not infallible. Since I have had some exposure to him through BB, I don’t have as much confidence in him as I did. He has made some good hires but probabilities suggest he is due for a stinker and I expect we might see it here.  Even the best don’t have a 100% batting average. 

CDC has done some good things but he’s not infallible. Since I have had some exposure to him through BB, I don’t have as much confidence in him as I did. He has made some good hires but probabilities suggest he is due for a stinker and I expect we might see it here.  Even the best don’t have a 100% batting average. 

Bloody hell..what employee is “infallible”?

His HC hires are not yet the reason to dislike the man.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but if CDC misses his top targets, re-hiring Beard should be on the table (before hiring RT). There won't be as much media backlash since Texas originally did the "right thing" by firing him when the DV allegations came out. Now Texas can say Beard has been cleared by the authorities and Texas' own investigations haven't found anything to incriminate him either. This can only work if Beard makes a sincere public apology and appears genuinely remorseful.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So the charges have been dropped. 🤔 

If I’m CDC, I spin it and hire his ass back at the start of basketball season next year.  I’d never look back.  This won’t even be a thought in 3 months.  (Except by all the other people that were there that night when this argument went down).

Edited by Rip76
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I will do it for 40% of his earnings, which is better than what his fiancee was charging him.

So 40% of $0. Fired for cause, he currently has no earnings.

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This can only work if Beard makes a sincere public apology and appears genuinely remorseful.

What in Beard's history makes you think that this is even remotely possible?

18 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This can only work if Beard makes a sincere public apology and appears genuinely remorseful.

The only people that would work on are the kind of people who get the cops called on them at 2 am in the morning.  Pass.

(gimme a finger piloterror)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, naija said:

Do people really think the decision was made without considering the strong possibility that the charges would be dropped? In that same vein, if you thought he should be fired before, why would this change your mind?

There absolutely was strong consideration that the charge would be dropped. It's Travis County. The DA is a tapeworm.

• Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi