New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

Takes a 2/3rd vote to expel. 

What usually occurs is the Ethics Committee will recommend expulsion, then the member in question resigns. Traficant didn't so they threw him out. I think Santos will stick around and make them throw him out. 

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is really good.

For Santos.  It frees him up to be Dotard's running mate in jail.

Y'all think I'm kidding.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, The Dog said:

What usually occurs is the Ethics Committee will recommend expulsion, then the member in question resigns. Traficant didn't so they threw him out. I think Santos will stick around and make them throw him out. 

100% He isn't going to go away on his own.  And that's fine - the more he drags it out, the better chance Dems are winning that seat back.  Almost a lock.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

100% He isn't going to go away on his own.  And that's fine - the more he drags it out, the better chance Dems are winning that seat back.  Almost a lock.

And that's what makes me think he may survive.  Repubs may not vote him out because of that.

7 minutes ago, Matuka said:

And that's what makes me think he may survive.  Repubs may not vote him out because of that.

I think if his fellow home state GOP reps are willing to do it, they have the votes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think if his fellow home state GOP reps are willing to do it, they have the votes. 

And I don't think they really have the votes but that's beside the point.   They aren't doing this hoping they can get him kicked out.   They are doing this to save their own asses with NY voters next year.

On 10/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, The Dog said:

I miss Jim Traficant.  He would be perfect for the House in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

So dumb question amnesty....If he's expelled from congress, this obviously triggers a special election. Could the voters in his district reelect him and send him right back, like the voters in Nashville did when Justin Jones was expelled from the Tennessee house? I don't expect the voters in NY 3 would do that, but if they ever get around to voting to expel MTG, I could 100% see the voters in GA reelecting her. 

14 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So dumb question amnesty....If he's expelled from congress, this obviously triggers a special election. Could the voters in his district reelect him and send him right back, like the voters in Nashville did when Justin Jones was expelled from the Tennessee house? I don't expect the voters in NY 3 would do that, but if they ever get around to voting to expel MTG, I could 100% see the voters in GA reelecting her. 

He can run in the primary, but no guarantee he wins it.  Yes, if he did win the primary, they could re-elect him.  There was a SCOTUS case in the 60s that said Congress has to seat a duly elected member who otherwise meets all requirements to serve.  

Though I am not 100% sure, I cannot remember if NY has primaries for specials or if the local party picks the nominees, in which case, NY GOP likely wouldn't pick Santos. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

yeah he could run again and be re-elected but part of the reason he won was based on the lies he told. This is a D +2 district that Biden won by 10 so most likely this will be a D pickup. Keeping in mind that the GOP's margin is already small things must be really bad for them to go through with this. I still think it's going to be difficult to get the 2/3rds vote.

oh and now that I think about it MTG is actually at greater risk of being expelled if she fucks up because there's no chance GOP loses that seat. They'll just run another MAGA without the baggage.

Trafican'ts old district was extremely blue so the Democrats easily held on to it after kicking him out.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Of course. I wonder why? I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.

The sponsors will try again. I did read a lot of the GOP conference wanted to wait until the ethics committee report comes out later this month. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The sponsors will try again. I did read a lot of the GOP conference wanted to wait until the ethics committee report comes out later this month. 

Yeah I was wondering why they didn’t wait. It’s not coming out until the middle of the month.