2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

9 minutes ago, Hate said:

Where exactly do y’all think Austin is on that map??

In the middle of the force field zone?

4 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Here's the updated map with an arrow pointing at Austin

EB673E0A-F48B-4EC6-9B67-5E9C5270669D.gif.17af32162e93a692d01dd332377553ae.gif.9818c870b0033e64f33d7c77941600a7.gif

We'll get nothing and like it.

Sorry, that last map put the Austin rain dome too far north. If you want where we really are, it's about 25 miles south of that previous picture (green dot). Looks like West Austin is in the 5"+ category. East of 35 is in the 4" category.

But the parts of Texas that are in the worst drought look like they are about to get some help finally.

image.png.401e8035dd360f953aceb8bc73f86dbf.png

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

Round Rock and Georgetown will get hail, tornado warnings and torrential downpours.  Austin will get moist.

Sad but true.

Anyway, I'm about to wash my car to reverse jinx the city.  We'll see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Call your shots.

I live near 2222/360 and I guess the gauge on 360 will get 3.5" between now and Monday noon.

Also, this event seems big enough that @phdhorn should be here.

From yesterday:

Attention Citizens of Southern Brazil Attention Citizens of Southeastern Brazil Attention Citizens of Argentina and Attention Citizens of Falkland Islands Onion Ring Warning has been issued for Southeastern Brazil it will bring a lot of Onion Rings especially in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires Argentina and it will bring a lot of Onion Rings from the sky it will affect Transformers and Telephone Poles and it will bring a lot of onion rings on the ground and Onion Rings will be so powerful in Southeastern Brazil it will affect beaches of Rio De Janeiro and people in Southeastern Brazil Be Prepared have your ketchup mustard salt pepper and air fryers and deep fryers ready and it will affect Western Chile and the Onion Rings will be so powerful it will cover the ground If you have anybody living in Southeastern Brazil Be Prepared for Onion Rings with Thunder and Lightning Take Care and Stay Safe and Don't Get Caught in the Onion Rings Be Safe

5 minutes ago, miguelito said:

From yesterday:

Attention Citizens of Southern Brazil Attention Citizens of Southeastern Brazil Attention Citizens of Argentina and Attention Citizens of Falkland Islands Onion Ring Warning has been issued for Southeastern Brazil it will bring a lot of Onion Rings especially in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires Argentina and it will bring a lot of Onion Rings from the sky it will affect Transformers and Telephone Poles and it will bring a lot of onion rings on the ground and Onion Rings will be so powerful in Southeastern Brazil it will affect beaches of Rio De Janeiro and people in Southeastern Brazil Be Prepared have your ketchup mustard salt pepper and air fryers and deep fryers ready and it will affect Western Chile and the Onion Rings will be so powerful it will cover the ground If you have anybody living in Southeastern Brazil Be Prepared for Onion Rings with Thunder and Lightning Take Care and Stay Safe and Don't Get Caught in the Onion Rings Be Safe

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Call your shots.

I live near 2222/360 and I guess the gauge on 360 will get 3.5" between now and Monday noon.

4.27" at my house in NW Austin by Monday at noon.

Since the start of April, we've had more than 10", with half of that coming in one downpour that lasted an hour. Grass is super happy, but the ground is really saturated. Would honestly like to be on the lighter side of this one. Give it to the lakes!

31 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Call your shots.

Look man, he's got onion rings to worry about. Ketchup, air fryers, whatnot. You can handle a little rain

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

Round Rock and Georgetown will get hail, tornado warnings and torrential downpours.  Austin will get moist.

a little wet can go a long way for some things but not when it comes to lakes and our rain water collection.

spicewood split get's .25 inches the entire weekend. i'm proper fucked and not in a good way.

Just now, MissingInAction said:

I have a pool party scheduled tomorrow in North Central  Austin , so we should get about 40 inches in that area.

Be careful where you post this. You might end up with a bunch of 3 star recruits wearing aggie shit with their hands out show up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Hi.

Big rains 12a-6p overnight, everybody gets a lot of wet; this one's not shaping up to be the usual nothingburger. Rain will be pretty heavy especially toward daybreak. Spotty flooding, especially along the usual suspect creeks for sure. Not widespread severe event per se but definitely can be spots of hail/high winds. This is more tropical drenching type rain.

Ebbs down most of the day Saturday, spotty showers though. Still a rainy day.

Sunday 12-6 same thing, not as intense but flooding here with there a possibility. Slacks off the rest of Sunday and repeat Monday, again less intense than Sunday.

With this type of setup it it's really hard to gauge the depth of intense rain but the setup is primed more than most of the last yearor so. I'm leaning less apocalypse but this will be heavy rain two or three hours overnight for pretty much everyone. If it's bad enough to wake me overnight owl possibly post.

May (wettest month) gonna May.

Hello! 

28 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Hi.

Big rains 12a-6p overnight, everybody gets a lot of wet; this one's not shaping up to be the usual nothingburger. Rain will be pretty heavy especially toward daybreak. Spotty flooding, especially along the usual suspect creeks for sure. Not widespread severe event per se but definitely can be spots of hail/high winds. This is more tropical drenching type rain.

Ebbs down most of the day Saturday, spotty showers though. Still a rainy day.

Sunday 12-6 same thing, not as intense but flooding here with there a possibility. Slacks off the rest of Sunday and repeat Monday, again less intense than Saturday.

With this type of setup it it's really hard to gauge the depth of intense rain but the setup is primed more than most of the last yearor so. I'm leaning less apocalypse but this will be heavy rain two or three hours overnight for pretty much everyone. If it's bad enough to wake me overnight owl possibly post.

May (wettest month) gonna May.

Maybe

You know what middle age is? Sitting around waiting for the fucking rain and putting the radar loop on refresh every 15 mins. 

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

The Federation's Weather Modification Net does a bang-up job, doesn't it?  #StarTrek  Lulz.

Fuck those putos 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1