2023 Goodyear Cotton Bowl - Tulane vs. USC

satyanash

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, it wasn't crown, more like top of facemask.  But how was he not still defenseless?  He hadn't even got his head around.

None of the overpaid talkers or the “ref consultant” mentioned the receiver being already in the grasp of a tackler and going down. Well how would the receiver protect himself in that situation? It was the classic collision defenses were all taught in the old days. Reminded me of the Daryl Stingley hit by the assassin, Jack Tatum. Do the refs really care about player safety? Evidently not. 

25 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I hadn't watched SC at all this season until their Utah game and this.  It's like every OU game the past seven years.  Have a lead, start getting worn down physically and let the other team start scoring more frequently as the game goes on.  All star skill guys and trash everywhere else.

37 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I figure one more season, since Williams has one more year before he's draft eligible.

Once he is gone, so is Riley.  He's not going to take a B1G conference tour.

I think you’re spot on.  What’s OU’s record without Caleb last year?  We definitely lose to you guys and KU.  Tack on another couple for sure.  That’s this years OU team.  Anyone wanna come sweep Brent off his feet?  🙏

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USC_TMB said:

Shitastic ending to the season, but not unexpected considering the defense that we had last year. Swiss cheese had less holes in it.

I’m wondering if the college game has reached the point where scoring 40-some points isn’t enough anymore? I realize I’m old, but considering the way the game has slanted towards offense exclusively given the hurry-up offense, blatant holding on every play, penalizing the defense for hands to the face, yet offensive players can “stiff arm” to the face, etc..

Looking at some of the games this weekend, 40 points would have been a losing effort. Maybe the best we can hope for is a random stop every half and try to outscore the opponent?

Anyways, good luck next year, fuck aggy, ou sucks

It’s like looking in a mirror!  I mean that’s the defense we had last year too…and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and…

91ADB4A8-00DC-4116-B69A-F75965B21797.gif

• Haha 1

There’s gotta be a stat muse out there on running out of shotgun out of your own end zone that doesn’t end up as a safety.

Reilly ran it twice in a row out of shotgun. The first time he was barely successful at not getting a safety, so he did the same thing again with a heisman winning QB. Inexcusable. If you’re going to run, line up under center and give your RB a chance with a running head start.

Or give your heisman winning qb a chance to make a play with his arm with an easy completion it Tulane thinks you’re going to run