the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

31 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There's no point to making an offer. There's no remedies down the line.

Once one of them becomes speaker it's immediately "let's impeach Biden and hold up any bills that we didn't write and that aren't 100 percent what we want". 

That's their entire play. There is nothing else. 

Fine, but you’re thinking like the most important thing is what they want, and it isn’t. At the moment, there is no majority. There is only a plurality, and Democrats control it. So the question is what Democrats want and how to get it. Jeffries won’t be speaker, but plenty of other outcomes are possible as long as Democrats can maintain an operative plurality. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I will always vote against anyone who can’t use the word “democratic”.   Vapid, petty children like Crenshaw say “Democrat Party”.   It is a 100% fail safe litmus test. 

It’s so lame. I guess they think it’s clever. It just makes them sound dumb. 

24 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Fine, but you’re thinking like the most important thing is what they want, and it isn’t. At the moment, there is no majority. There is only a plurality, and Democrats control it. So the question is what Democrats want and how to get it. Jeffries won’t be speaker, but plenty of other outcomes are possible as long as Democrats can maintain an operative plurality. 

This.  The Dems need to stand firm, and watch the Republicans repeatedly shoot what is left of their collective dick into tiny bits.  If I'm the Dems, the only two options are 1) a compromise candidate of the Dems choosing, or 2) let the Repubs sort it out themselves, and end up making MTG or some shit their speaker.

The GQP are the ones who enthusiastically invited batshit crazy people who shit in the punch bowl to this party.  Time for them to reap the consequences and drink up:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

What would happen, hypothetically, if Jim Jordan got up there and nominated Dolly Parton. And then everyone voted for her, because we all love Dolly Parton.

I hate you now. 
All I keep hearing is Dolly’s fun southern twang laughing and saying “go fuck yourself republicans”

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Trump is quiet because he can't predict how things are going to fall out.  He doesn't give two shits about Kevin McCarthy.  He only endorsed McCarthy because he thought McCarthy was going to win, and he wanted to claim credit.  But now that McCarthy isn't going to win, Trump doesn't know what to do.

Another failure for dotard.  It's his own sycophants that are shitting on his endorsement.  Fucking hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

hahaha fuck you dan you smarmy cycloptic twat. they've always been the fucking enemies, but you had no problem casting your lot with them when your orange god was in office, you cheap squalid grotesque piece of shit

image.thumb.jpeg.8d2bef23915305d7812348e3d876c1b2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^

I'm loving these ideas.  If any of y'all follow Democratic House members on twitter or whatever, send them some ideas tonight on goofy shit they can bring into the House chamber (within decorum) to watch the games resume tomorrow.  Though I'm guessing people watching across the aisle to see who is plotting with who is also a welcomed distraction.  But yeah, some kind of tailgate atmosphere.    

And invariably, Lauren Boebert will say that it was disrespectful and unbecoming the House Chamber to bring in snacks and Skip-Bo decks of cards. To which one can only reply, "You broke 100 years of House protocol with a multi-vote, multi-day charade to see which of you gets to announce hearings into Hunter Biden's laptop.  You're not gonna do fuck else for the next two years and you fucking know it.  This whole waste of our time and America's time is to see who gets assigned to the Hunter Biden special committee.  That's all this is really about.  So drag out the moronic follies and get me some fresh ice for my pina colada." 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What you aren't getting is none of that matters when the second any republican becomes speaker any sort of deal or concession or agreement that was made to get democrat votes is completely out the window and will never happen. The Dems can't gain a single thing by voting for any republican. They don't look at Democrats as fellow Americans anymore. They're only the enemy. And they will never honor a deal with the enemy. It's why they were completely supportive of the coup attempt. 

The only thing would be telling the Republicans to vote for a Democrat chosen speaker but that will never happen. They'll vote Jordan before they do that

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So he's really gonna take his pizza ball and go home?  What a fitting ending to such a childish day.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that enough pizza for 222 people is like 75 pizzas, enough to feed an entire D.C. area homeless shelter for days on end?  I'm sure they'll pull some stunt with all those pies and rotting salads.  At least give it to Capitol Police, you know---for almost getting them all killed?

I'm guessing the Cawthorn-inspired Cocaine-Fueled Orgy planned for later tonight in the wake of a McCarthy victory has also been canceled?  THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!  Openly trading our nation's 3rd most powerful role for grab-and-go salads?  You used to get an Air Force base in your district for shit like this?  Now we talkin' 'bout salet?    

Edited by YGIFS

20 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

What you aren't getting is none of that matters when the second any republican becomes speaker any sort of deal or concession or agreement that was made to get democrat votes is completely out the window and will never happen. The Dems can't gain a single thing by voting for any republican. They don't look at Democrats as fellow Americans anymore. They're only the enemy. And they will never honor a deal with the enemy. It's why they were completely supportive of the coup attempt. 

The only thing would be telling the Republicans to vote for a Democrat chosen speaker but that will never happen. They'll vote Jordan before they do that

What you aren’t getting is that they aren’t in charge. Democrats have the plurality and should seek to maximize the value and durability of that position. That may mean a deal, or blowing up deals.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If any of y'all follow Democratic House members on twitter or whatever, send them some ideas tonight on goofy shit they can bring into the House chamber (within decorum) to watch the games resume tomorrow. 

My suggestion to help pass the time:

Mattel-Football.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yep I still go to that Slaughter/Manchaca HEB because they have a spice blend that's awesome that isn't carried at my brand new HEB on south congress/slaughter.  And neither of them carry tamales of the caliber of my local Fiesta.  

Drop the name of that spice blend please.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  The Dems need to stand firm, and watch the Republicans repeatedly shoot what is left of their collective dick into tiny bits.  If I'm the Dems, the only two options are 1) a compromise candidate of the Dems choosing, or 2) let the Repubs sort it out themselves, and end up making MTG or some shit their speaker.

The GQP are the ones who enthusiastically invited batshit crazy people who shit in the punch bowl to this party.  Time for them to reap the consequences and drink up:

hqdefault.jpg

No compromises. Jeffries is the compromise 

• Like 1