the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

The colonies are in disarray.  It is time for Charles, the newly crowned king, to call the Anglo to reclaim his place as lord of the Atlantic, ruler of an empire upon which the sun never sets! The great sea-road stirs the long-suppressed thirst for glory in in the blood of Norman, Roman, and Viking sons of Albion. 

Oh wait, what’s this about wanting to be a tampon? 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Drool 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

That doesn't exist anymore. These are the same people that supported stealing of classified documents and an attempt to overthrow the government and establish a dictator. There's no gentleman left on that side. They've completely sold out to tribal politics where the other side is the enemy so why would they honor a gentleman's agreement with the enemy? 

No democrat in their right mind would trust anything a Republican has to say anymore. They did that to themselves. 

Exactly. In the unlikely event that McCarthy even tried to honor his side of the deal, he would just get kneecapped by the GQP who would remove him as speaker. No deals can be made because in every case, you will be giving up something for nothing.

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Roy being interviewed. 

And?

22 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s interesting. In other words, they want Democrats to bail them out.

So if I’m a Democratic deal maker, I would go to McCarthy’s people and say that we can make 16 of our folks disappear, in return for a rules package that rolls back every single HFC concession and includes Democratic committee chairs on judiciary and Ways & Means, and no Hastert rule. 

Lol. So he ignores it later? Come on dude. 

14 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

So is there even such a thing as a “moderate Republican “ anymore? Could the Dems and 5-10 centrist Republicans make a deal, nominate a regular Republican (if that’s a thing anymore) and blindside the lunatics? 

I’m sure this is wishful thinking.

About as "moderate" as can be expected anymore. Miss me yet?

George W Bush GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

True, but that's where the term "Gentlemen's Agreement" comes along.  Half the deals in D.C. don't ever make it to paper.  Yet the machine keeps turning, for better or worse.  Even if it's not enforceable in court, it's very powerful to show a signed copy of your requests from McCarthy signed by him.  You show that around to FoxNews and MAGA nation, it's curtains for McCarthy.  He's probably not dumb enough to agree in writing to anything, but he's backed into a corner now.  And people do dumb shit in the corner.  

Well, I didn't have "Lobo is actually a trusting Aggy" on my 202_ bingo card, but here we all fucking are...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So if I’m a Democratic deal maker, I would go to McCarthy’s people and say that we can make 16 of our folks disappear, in return for a rules package that rolls back every single HFC concession and includes Democratic committee chairs on judiciary and Ways & Means, and no Hastert rule. 

Then you, my friend, have no business being the negotiator. I wouldn't trust McCarthy to get me a Twix out of the vending machine in exchange for the Speakership even if I provided the $1.25 to buy it.

He is a dyed in the wool liar.  The old paradigm had things like political deals and compromises and even unwritten rules. The new paradigm is a raw power struggle where, if you're across the table from McCarthy or Jordan or any of those swine, you should wonder at least every few hours if this is the right time to kill them. Not because you're bloodthirsty but because they present an existential threat to everything and everyone you care about.

The only kind of deal I'd make with these eels would be one I could break in order to do them the most damage. They've drawn up the (absence of) rules; I won't be eviscerated to prove my honor to enemies. Let my claw draw the entrail.

I'm enjoying the show of these crack whores fighting over the last rock. I won't kiss any of them.

image.png

She's better than any person who has the slightest regard for Gomert or Eddie Munster.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/utter-unmitigated-disaster-karl-rove-declares-gop-infighting-on-house-speaker-just-beginning-as-chaos-brings-about-more-chaos/

tl;dr - McCarthy had a deal in place with the Freedom Caucus and then they came back with additional demands. That's why he went ahead and moved his stuff into the Speaker's office. 

Then they pulled this stunt this morning and he got pissed (along with everyone else).

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I gotta tell you, this 2022-23 "Historic Red Tidal Wave" is shaping up to be a trickling 13th century blood letting.  

This will be studied by political scientists for decades.  and not in a kind way.

I mean after staging a coup and running obstruction for their former president to steal classified info to sell to God knows who this is pretty mild. 

They were right though. There was a red wave from the trail of blood of an entire party shooting itself in the foot

Narrative being pushed on both CNN and MSNBC that Kevin will step aside…

per Mulvaney on CNN just now, Kevin went back to the HFC and asked “what more do you want” and they responded with “we just don’t want you.”

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I mean after staging a coup and running obstruction for their former president to steal classified info to sell to God knows who this is pretty mild. 

They were right though. There was a red wave from the trail of blood of an entire party shooting itself in the foot

McCarthy and his Autumn messaging compared to now remind me of Mel Brooks coming down the mountain as Moses.

"And this Red Tide will bring about these 322 Republican Congressional Seats" 

(drops one tablet)

"These here, 222...222 Republican Congress Seats."

-and who will lead them sir?-

"Uh, not really sure right now.  We didn't think that part through." 

I can't believe how fucking quiet Trump has been about this today.  Maybe he's actually being wise and not picking sides.  But you'd think there'd at least be some narcissistic message coming out saying, "Told you so, America.  When I was in charge of the party, we didn't have infighting like this.  When I was President, I got people together and in line behind me to Make America Great Again.  This is sad, I hope they get it figured out soon to slow down Sleepy Joe Biden.  This would have been a done deal months ago under my fantastic leadership."  

Edited by YGIFS

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Then you, my friend, have no business be a negotiator. I wouldn't trust McCarthy to get me a Twix out of the vending machine in exchange for the Speakership even if I provided the $1.25 to buy it.

Again, the point of making the offer isn’t to cut the deal. If there’s a deal to be cut, it would need remedies but that’s down the line. The point of making the offer is to see where and how the offer lands. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Again, the point of making the offer isn’t to cut the deal. If there’s a deal to be cut, it would need remedies but that’s down the line. The point of making the offer is to see where and how the offer lands. 

There's no point to making an offer. There's no remedies down the line.

Once one of them becomes speaker it's immediately "let's impeach Biden and hold up any bills that we didn't write and that aren't 100 percent what we want". 

That's their entire play. There is nothing else. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Negged just for the rare opportunity for all rep possibilites.

image.thumb.png.25435635b305af7de0a6c27a4354bd0e.png

Point awarded.  

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Is that a rule? From a procedural standpoint it doesn’t make sense. 

Yes, it makes total sense.  All the other rep was delivered and Serak swept in with the missing ‘fuck you’

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

no.  while mathematically possible, the alphabet doesn't favor this strategy.

There’s no math involved.  Just a clean sweep of all the reps, A-Z.  Enjoy it.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

McCarthy and his Autumn messaging compared to now remind me of Mel Brooks coming down the mountain as Moses.

"And this Red Tide will bring about these 322 Republican Congressional Seats" 

(drops one tablet)

"These here, 222...222 Republican Congress Seats."

-and who will lead them sir?-

"Uh, not really sure right now.  We didn't think that part through." 

I can't believe how fucking quiet Trump has been about this today.  Maybe he's actually being wise and not picking sides.  But you'd think there'd at least be some narcissistic message coming out saying, "Told you so, America.  When I was in charge of the party, we didn't have infighting like this.  When I was President, I got people together and in line behind me to Make America Great Again.  This is sad, I hope they get it figured out soon to slow down Sleepy Joe Biden.  This would have been a done deal months ago under my fantastic leadership."  

Trump is quiet because he can't predict how things are going to fall out.  He doesn't give two shits about Kevin McCarthy.  He only endorsed McCarthy because he thought McCarthy was going to win, and he wanted to claim credit.  But now that McCarthy isn't going to win, Trump doesn't know what to do.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Why allow the House to adjourn?

he would support a threshold as low as five Republicans to trigger a vote on deposing the speaker, known as the “motion to vacate” the speaker’s chair

lol, that would mean an endless repeat of today's bullshit, right? 5 vote to depose the speak. Goes to vote, McCarthy doesn't have majority, rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

hahaha fuck you dan you smarmy cycloptic twat. they've always been the fucking enemies, but you had no problem casting your lot with them when your orange god was in office, you cheap malingering piece of shit

I will always vote against anyone who can’t use the word “democratic”.   Vapid, petty children like Crenshaw say “Democrat Party”.   It is a 100% fail safe litmus test. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Why allow the House to adjourn?

lol, that would mean an endless repeat of today's bullshit, right? 5 vote to depose the speak. Goes to vote, McCarthy doesn't have majority, rinse and repeat.

like, mccarthy went full on gape for them. and still it's not enough for them. they need the full on anal prolapse.

this is too funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1