Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Have your wages gone up?  They should have.  Wage growth is outpacing inflation.

This.

Though, I will confess that while I can attest my wages have gone up a pretty good amount, I feel poorer. Most of that is my own fault though with personal/lifestyle creep, I think, but the last 12-18 months I have felt poorer despite being having a (not insignificantly) higher income.

39 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

This.

Though, I will confess that while I can attest my wages have gone up a pretty good amount, I feel poorer. Most of that is my own fault though with personal/lifestyle creep, I think, but the last 12-18 months I have felt poorer despite being having a (not insignificantly) higher income.

You need to come down from that sugar high. 

11 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

I wouldn’t presume I do. But people with zero children pretending they understand just makes me chuckle. No offense. 

Hot take: Poe is actually right about this one. If you don't have kids, you can think you "understand" what it's like, but you don't understand it. 

Is it just the holiday party banter that's overtaking our site lately?  

Because t seems like we're all prefacing shit online with, "As a parent...", "As a student of the Constitution", "As a pro-freedom taxpayer", etc.  I mean, I'd like to start every conversation with, "As someone who wishes to Baby Jesus that Trump and every one of his followers will perish, so we can all have the blessed Christmas that Jesus intended", but I can't.  And then you got your royivs on the other side, "As someone who has never voted Republican, I am holier than thou so lemme learn ya' something..."  

This Holiday Season, folks.  Remember this...Biden is President.  he got handed a wet bag of shit and is doing the best he can.  If it's him versus Trump in 11 months time, I'm all in for Joe.  If it's somebody else versus Trump, I'm all in for that other guy/gal/wild animal/drywall piece.  And if it's Joe versus somebody else because Trump died, then I can't vote.  Because I'm dead.  Because you can't just put bourbon and heroin in a gatorade bottle and drink it out some stripper's ass.  I mean, you can.  But with health conditions, you can't expect to walk away from it.  I mean, I'll make it a few yards but in dying in the Expose' parking lot holding 2 grams of blow and a burner phone is not the way I wanna go out.  But fuck it, I'll take one for 'Murica...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

If it's him versus Trump in 11 months time, I'm all in for Joe.  If it's somebody else versus Trump, I'm all in for that other guy/gal/wild animal/drywall piece.  

More interesting question... who could run against Trump to where you would pull the lever for Trump instead. 

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

More interesting question... who could run against Trump to where you would pull the lever for Trump instead. 

I cannot, and I mean this with no hyperbole, think of anyone I'd pick Trump over at the voting booth.  I mean, yeah...admittedly...there are some people that I would just skip that part of the ballot and say, "Nope, not voting for POTUS this cycle or going third party/indie again."  But I cannot conceive of a universe in which there's any way I could ever vote for Trump.  I laughed at him and went Johnson in 2016.  I looked upon him in abject horror and bundled for Biden in 2020.  This cycle?  I'm probably on some kinda watch list for suggesting that you can get to the food supplier to his resort's kitchen much easier than most people realize.  So yeah, no...I can't think of anyone.  I mean, if your party wantsto run a serial killer, child molester with a massive heroin problem...I'm probably not gonna swing that way, but I'll just leave it blank.  Not going for Trump.  

It shocks me still that we have mainstream news on the regular debating, "Well, could a convicted felon still remain on the ballot in the following states?"  Meantime, I'm honestly inquiring with some degree of seriousness and connectivity, into how I can hurry up and raise a million dollars for his fake Presidential Library before one of his kids murders him.

1 hour ago, safe sex said:

Well, it sounds like you know what you should do to feel less poor then

Knowing, conceptually, what to do....and actually doing it. The greatest human problem ever, maybe?

But yes, I know what I need to do, even if I don't particularly wanna

Poe came in here wanting to talk inflation, and then conflated the costs of raising kids with the physical and mental toll of having kids. I’d love to have kids, I just haven’t gone to Thailand and shopped around for a wife.

Anyways, Atlanta Fed runs the real time prediction of quarterly GDP. In the last week it has gone from 1.2% to now at 2.6%.

https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The economy is so bad that Amazon can't pay its drivers year-end bonuses, customers have to cover it for them, hard times.

I went to try and give $5 (of their money) and couldn't figure out how to even say thanks you. And I like how they only earmarked 2 million originally, they have 100k drivers according themselves 

was talking to the gf today and she said something casually about "this economy" and I pressed her for more and her evidence was what she was hearing on podcasts. that frustration aside, maybe Biden needs to go sit on Rogan's show and just do nothing but read accomplishments from his admin and economic projections. have a an egghead on there beside him to refute any bullshit that comes from JR. might change some minds

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

was talking to the gf today and she said something casually about "this economy" and I pressed her for more and her evidence was what she was hearing on podcasts. that frustration aside, maybe Biden needs to go sit on Rogan's show and just do nothing but read accomplishments from his admin and economic projections. have a an egghead on there beside him to refute any bullshit that comes from JR. might change some minds

To be fair to her political agnosticism, "this economy" is what she calls "this penis" of mine.  And I presser her more with it.  And something, something.  Happy Christmas.  
But to your point, just have anybody on Joe Rogan and just read any, culled at random, a dozen talking points Trump made on either the 2016 or 2020 campaign trails and evaluate what was achieved and what was not achieved.  But it won't matter, they simply will not change their minds.  He is a clusterfuck of idiocy but he got one thing right and brilliantly so.  He realized it wasn't about his vision or agenda, 'cause he didn't doesn't have one.  And he was even a tick shy of complete narcissist sociopathy and for a hot second realized it wasn't even completely about him.  He enabled and validated millions of stupid people who felt left out of politics and power and even the adult table at the holidays.  For once in their miserable lives, they were important.  They mattered.  They were counted.  That is a drug 1000x more potent than opiate.  There is no counter-measure for that, no rehab, no therapy, no conversion back to normalcy.  Most will move to the next drug/candidate.  But for many, the only recovery is simply death.  Biden's gonna be fine.  Economy will be fine.  Ebbs and flows, ups and downs.  We all get it.  But we have a long waiting game to get rid of many millions who just won't accept that Trump isn't Jesus Christ returned to earth.  Not saying your girlfriend is like that, but podcasts and Foxnews and our relatives at Christmas, all symptoms of a tumor that is dying.  But not fast enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hot take: Poe is actually right about this one. If you don't have kids, you can think you "understand" what it's like, but you don't understand it. 

I don't pretend to understand all of parenthood but you can understand it from a personal financial/economic standpoint, which is what is being discussed here. The math isn't really hard to grasp.  Has it ever occurred to you or @Poe It Up that a lot of people without kids don't have them because they understand the level of commitment required, financially and beyond?

I can't speak for you, but for Poe apparently not because he is a Texags-grade moron who lacks the ability to conceptualize anything he has not personally experienced.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

aka empathy, which is a defining trait of pretty much anyone who votes R

No, not even that. Like I said, I don't pretend to understand the full experience of parenthood, the emotional, psychological, and social aspects.  He seems to believe that if you haven't bought groceries for three, four, or five instead of two; traded up for a minivan; upped your health insurance to the family plan; or paid for select soccer that you couldn't possibly... Do the basic math required to understand the financial implications of having children. The only real reason to think that is some monumental feat is if it is for you, yourself.

It's really a hilarious self own in a roundabout way.

Edited by gmr548

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don't pretend to understand all of parenthood but you can understand it from a personal financial/economic standpoint, which is what is being discussed here. The math isn't really hard to grasp.  Has it ever occurred to you or @Poe It Up that a lot of people without kids don't have them because they understand the level of commitment required, financially and beyond?

I can't speak for you, but for Poe apparently not because he is a Texags-grade moron who lacks the ability to conceptualize anything he has not personally experienced.  

I don’t think a lot do, but to each their own. I see a lot of emptiness in those older couples past the travel period and it’s just the two of them watching Wheel of Fortune on a beer fart scented couch. It’s dreadful. 

I think it's hard to anticipate ALL of the costs of parenthood (financial and otherwise) from without.  It's also hard to anticipate all of the rewards.  It's just a different deal.  You can't imagine it, Hollywood isn't gonna lay it out for you, it's  a 24/7 job on top of your regular job.  That said, it isn't unusual.  It's not some great sacrifice.  It's just the thing that it is.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I don’t think a lot do, but to each their own. I see a lot of emptiness in those older couples past the travel period and it’s just the two of them watching Wheel of Fortune on a beer fart scented couch. It’s dreadful. 

You know some fucking weird people

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1