Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also my favorite thing is where Ana comes out of hiding/simping for Russia to lecture us on how something is wrong and our dumb little baby brains don't understand it.

I was gonna comment on the brainless stats that you posted a few weeks ago on this thread but passed because I know that you already knew they were bullshit and were just pushing propaganda. 

Edited by Anastasis

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I was gonna comment on the brainless stats that you posted a few weeks ago on this thread but passed because I know that you already knew they were bullshit and were just pushing propaganda. 

Man, this is some shameful shit. D- level shittalking. I know you can do better.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Any more propaganda and interference you’d like to run for Putin?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Also my favorite thing is where Ana comes out of hiding/simping for Russia to lecture us on how something is wrong and our dumb little baby brains don't understand it.

"Your brain is broken" seems to be his stock response now which is incredibly lacking in self-awareness but it's Ana.  

If people just knew basic economics, like how employment is sentient and reverts to the mean after job creators build them in a lab from the leather bootstraps of CEOs who pulled themselves up by their PPP loans during COVID, we wouldn’t be in this childish back and forth.

Jobs just come back after you get rid of them. It’s in every textbook.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You know, Anastasis ... you go out onto the internet and meet a broken-brained asshole, okay, you just met a broken-brained asshole. But you go out onto the internet and EVERYBODY'S a broken-brained asshole?  Maybe YOU'RE the broken-brained asshole. 😃

The great thing here is that you can read the last series of posts and draw your own conclusions. 

How do I teach my kids about Bidenomics? How do I tell my parents?

1st Quarter GDP revised from 1.3% to 2%

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/06/29/first-quarter-economic-growth-was-actually-2percent-up-from-1point3percent-first-reported-in-major-gdp-revision.html

Just two trading days remain in what's been a banner first half. The S&P 500 is up 14% this year and on pace for its best monthly performance since January. The tech-heavy Nasdaq has climbed nearly 30% and is heading heading toward its best first half since 1983 as rising optimism around artificial intelligence pushes up a slew of tech names. The blue-chip Dow is the relative underperformer, up just 2.5%.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/06/28/stock-market-today-live-updates.html

• Hook 'Em 1

Wonder if maybe that could be any way related to the termination of the PHE in mid May?
Probably not. All these data are easily interpreted within a vacuum. 

I mean, if you’ve got any support for that now would be the time to share with the class.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Maybe we should think a little more carefully about what was asserted, which was about the size of the DROP not the total number of claims?  Here, I'll illustrate, jobless claims are still historically on the high side, but relative to the recent short-term spike, are down quite a bit.

I assume y'all can read a fucking chart.  Y axis is jobless claims in thousands, it wasn't printed on the source site.  Not my doing.  #bothsides

image.png.98c7b1e66aec9682ac8a4ff790213ef0.png

• Hook 'Em 1

It was a sincere question. I was thinking along the lines of impacts to healthcare policy and Medicaid in particular and effect on labor participation. But after reading Jimmy's posts and the supporting data we don't even really have to go there. Its looks like there is some really low hanging fruit in terms of context to tackle first.  

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

wink-wink-agnes.gif

The PHE impacts wrt to Medicaid in particular have been on my mind lately. It probably is a stretch to think that we would see such an immediate impact on labor numbers, and frankly not sure what the expected immediate directionality would be. Longer term impacts are probably easier to plot and justify. Same with the pending student loan policy (with or without loan forgiveness there are going to be a lot of people feeling some pinch at the end of the summer).  

Speaking of wasting time. The rule making process will be at least 12m and will get bogged down with legal challenges after that. The only real expeditious way to do this is to legislate it. 

Edited by Anastasis

Speaking of wasting time. The rule making process will be at least 12m and will get bogged down with legal challenges after that. The only real expeditious way to do this is to legislate it. 

“Legislate.”
At least your insanity is consistent.
Chances of a Congress with a house controlled by the GQP ever passing any legislation to make anything better….below zero. Below absolute zero.
We’ll get nothing good for the people, ever…and like it. This is where we are, and this is where we will stay.
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Joe says f you Jobu, I do it myself.

so basically scotus struck it down because it was packaged with the relief bill, right? or some stupid technicality? so he's creating a new bill to do the same thing just focused on debt relief (ie: not part of another bill) to get around this stupid ruling? am i close at all? so scotus is just wasting everyone's time, correct? classic.

I may be cynical but this is a win for dark Brandon.  He gets to blame someone for it not happening and roll out new rules to try and make it another way.  

The real reform that’s needed is the penalties around student loans for the debtor.  Make them discharge just like ordinary debt and you’ll see a huge change in behavior.

Not a law dog so have no opinion on the supremes other than it’s bullshit that they are lifetime appointees and that they have zero ethical standards to adhere to.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so basically scotus struck it down because it was packaged with the relief bill, right? or some stupid technicality? so he's creating a new bill to do the same thing just focused on debt relief (ie: not part of another bill) to get around this stupid ruling? am i close at all? so scotus is just wasting everyone's time, correct? classic.

The higher education act has been around since 1965. Elizabeth Warren claims the authority via the HEA is sound. So we will see 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

“Legislate.”
At least your insanity is consistent.
Chances of a Congress with a house controlled by the GQP ever passing any legislation to make anything better….below zero. Below absolute zero.
We’ll get nothing good for the people, ever…and like it. This is where we are, and this is where we will stay.

It’s not my fault that you hate the constitution. Win elections, remove the filibuster in the senate, and do your thing. Executive stroke of the pen is bullshit and you know it. If you can’t deal with that reality just jump off the ledge already. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

It’s not my fault that you hate the constitution. Win elections, remove the filibuster in the senate, and do your thing. Executive stroke of the pen is bullshit and you know it. If you can’t deal with that reality just jump off the ledge already. 

One party managed to break the whole. Fucking. Thing. It exploited the biggest mistake we made at our founding: the Senate. What was intended to be our failsafe turned out to be our Achilles heel.
I don’t give a shit if the executive tries shit or not. It don’t make a shit. The ship of being a functional state has long since sailed. I’m just hoping that maybe some of our utter dysfunction might occasionally benefit ordinary people. Look at me, being a deranged optimist. Pretty stupid of me, actually.
  • Rage+1 3

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

One party managed to break the whole. Fucking. Thing. It exploited the biggest mistake we made at our founding: the Senate. What was intended to be our failsafe turned out to be our Achilles heel.
I don’t give a shit if the executive tries shit or not. It don’t make a shit. The ship of being a functional state has long since sailed. I’m just hoping that maybe some of our utter dysfunction might occasionally benefit ordinary people. Look at me, being a deranged optimist. Pretty stupid of me, actually.

There is nothing wrong with the senate as established in the constitution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There is nothing wrong with the senate as established in the constitution. 

Except that it’s tailor made for tyranny of the minority. Which it has thoroughly accomplished.
1 retrograde piece of shit in Wyoming has 20x the power of anyone in California. That’s fucked.
And when they use that power to inflict pain, it’s doubly fucked.

The senate was a mistake. A fatal one.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

That sounds like something Adolph Hitler would say.

Did you buy any of his art back when he was trying to make a peaceful living? I didn't think so. So then he had to go kill everybody. Guess you got what you wanted.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except that it’s tailor made for tyranny of the minority. Which it has thoroughly accomplished.
1 retrograde piece of shit in Wyoming has 20x the power of anyone in California. That’s fucked.

Look at what Tuberville is doing to military promotions. This is insanity.

• Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Don’t confuse the largest political forum in the great state of Texas with anything that approaches the greatest political forum in the large state of Texas. 

a49155cd-b4a9-42cf-9335-0fec22ffd4e3_tex

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To stick with the Star Wars theme:

880bda5963e7bff081b71d8fa93202e51710bd9b