2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

So I’m forced to watch the Seattle feed of this shitfest, which is entertaining enough with Michael Robinson and Michael Bennett in the booth but it gets pretty old that nobody discusses Dallas at all, barely even mentioning player names.  But, such are homer broadcasts sometimes. 

calling the game with any sense of urgency is funny- important third down here!  Sure it is- for the 22 on the field trying to win a job. 

My big gripes:

it’s preseason- why are there reviews?  Yeah both were wrong calls and overturned but who gives a shit?

why are coaches treating this like a real game and punting with under a minute to go on 4th and very short?  Are punt coverage/return snaps that much more important to see than 4th and short?  

if you want to win the game, play some better players. 

Still baffles me that people are willing to pay money to watch these in person. 

5 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Deuuuuce

Nice run there by Deuce!

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

How the fuck did Deuce not get time in the first half?

Giving Dowdle one more chance to try to beat Deuce out (he won’t).

Any updates on Dermarion O?

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

sad face

If on field or locker room tests show ACL, then 95% of the time the MRI simply confirms it.  Really, really tough break for one rookie who was actually playing.  Mazi sucked again tonight.  Stephens had a knee.  At this rate, Vaughn may end up as the rookie who contributes the most.  Richards looks like he may make the active roster too, maybe Scott.

• Hook 'Em 1

If we keep Grier around for 10 years he may start to get in sync with NFL play, like Geno. 

Maybe some of it is playing with scrubs and might look a bit better with the 1's, but he just doesn't seem to have the processing ability for the speed of the game. Way too many ill-advised throws.

Edited by DougO

27 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Really?  He just eats up double teams and frees up Sam Williams to do his thing.  Isn't that his floor?

Sam Williams?  Regardless, almost on every play, someone was drinking Mazi's milkshake.  He's a ridiculously strong guy but he's playing with other strong dudes, some who have grown men strength.  His get off is slow as fuck and his technique is inconsistent.  It's early and one training camp does not make a player, look at Tolbert, but with reps like this, expecting a lot of productive snaps from him early is getting hard to rely on.... 

Fuck that sucks. Both these guys looked like they’d contribute. Overshown really seemed to be adapting to Quinn’s defense well. Stephens came out of nowhere from being at best a ps player to really scrambling the te room. Damn shame. A team needs these kinds of players to build a team and now they’re in the FA market for an LB.

Fuck the Seahawks and fucking Paul Allen’s heirs for keeping this knee murdering shit turf. The league should make them rip it out this week even if they play on bare wet dirt.

Mazi’s having his welcome to the NFL moment right now. Seattle’s interior OL are grown ass men, not the same guys Mazi was pushing around at Purdue or whatever. 

The physical tools are fine. It’s up to him now to figure out how to be effective or become Taco 2.0. 

He’s a fireplug. It’s not a cerebral position. He better like hitting people because that is the job. Over and over. If he can plug up the niddle to stop that Philly qb sneak he’s done his job. Taco didn’t give a shit about hitting, football, or anything except being a Hot Boyz with Gregory and Lawrence.

He’s a fireplug. It’s not a cerebral position. He better like hitting people because that is the job. Over and over. If he can plug up the niddle to stop that Philly qb sneak he’s done his job. Taco didn’t give a shit about hitting, football, or anything except being a Hot Boyz with Gregory and Lawrence.

Mazi’s having his welcome to the NFL moment right now. Seattle’s interior OL are grown ass men, not the same guys Mazi was pushing around at Purdue or whatever. 
The physical tools are fine. It’s up to him now to figure out how to be effective or become Taco 2.0. 

Mazi will one day be a grown ass man as well… He is getting beat by quickness and technique which are two things he’ll need to develop. At this level, being strong is table stakes for a NT.

I think he will get better, but I’m questioning whether he will really be a plus over guys like Hankins and Bouhana whom we already had.

How is that IOL osiris(?) from Florida looking? Wasn’t he the guy that we should have taken to plug the left guard spot instead of Mazi?

Also, schoonlicker doesn’t look to good to me compared to the TEs we have.

Might be a bad 1-2 from this draft.

Deuce, Eric scott, overshown, brooks, stephens jr. All look promising though.

Mazi will one day be a grown ass man as well… He is getting beat by quickness and technique which are two things he’ll need to develop. At this level, being strong is table stakes for a NT.

I think he will get better, but I’m questioning whether he will really be a plus over guys like Hankins and Bouhana whom we already had.

How is that IOL osiris(?) from Florida looking? Wasn’t he the guy that we should have taken to plug the left guard spot instead of Mazi?

On the other hand. Mazi is just a rookie playing against veterans in his first preseason snaps. It really isn’t worthwhile to make any judgements.

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Jerry magic.

49 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Ya but they both were #1 drafts that never should have been and played at Michigan.

It’s really easy to look at Taco in hindsight (and we knew going in), but I think it’s way too fucking early to call Mazi a bust.  He’s yet to play an actual down.   

I know the catharsis on here is to call down the sky and shit on the management, but why don’t we let Mazi play a bit before we start acting like Charlie connecting all the strings together.   

Edited by Trey3216
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It’s really easy to look at Taco in hindsight (and we knew going in), but I think it’s way too fucking early to call Mazi a busy.  He’s yet to play an actual down.   

I know the catharsis on here is to call down the sky and shut on the management, but why don’t we let Mazi play a bit before we start acting like Charlie connecting all the strings together.   

Come on, you know that any rookie who isn’t all pro after two preseason games should be sent to Arena League.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It’s really easy to look at Taco in hindsight (and we knew going in), but I think it’s way too fucking early to call Mazi a bust.  He’s yet to play an actual down.   

I know the catharsis on here is to call down the sky and shit on the management, but why don’t we let Mazi play a bit before we start acting like Charlie connecting all the strings together.   

image.thumb.png.14c9a5782d4f5c687c64c03b11a048c3.png

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

This is so fucking stupid. In Texas 1 gummy = felony

I’ll never understand Texas’ hardon for pot and gambling. Even the regressive shitholes of Oklahoma and Arkansas have loosened up significantly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

uh, are you serious?  asking for a friend

Texas treats all processed THC products as if it were hashish oil, which means quantities less than 1 gram can be charged state jail felony possession. I’m not sure how often people actually get a formal charge for gummies or cartridges but that’s how the law is written. I assume at the very least that they use the threat of it to get people to plead out to lesser things probably with big fines, court costs, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I’ll never understand Texas’ hardon for pot and gambling. Even the regressive shitholes of Oklahoma and Arkansas have loosened up significantly.

It's probably something to do with the people in power make more money off of the illegality and racket that brings. Fines, drug classes, etc. It's all a big joke.

Texas treats all processed THC products as if it were hashish oil, which means quantities less than 1 gram can be charged state jail felony possession. I’m not sure how often people actually get a formal charge for gummies or cartridges but that’s how the law is written. I assume at the very least that they use the threat of it to get people to plead out to lesser things probably with big fines, court costs, etc. 

Shit also gets thrown out bc it could also be delta-8 or 9 which is for sale in gas stations. He might have had a legal cart and legal gun and this is all some bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's probably something to do with the people in power make more money off of the illegality and racket that brings. Fines, drug classes, etc. It's all a big joke.

Same is true in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Oklahoma sent the Indian gaming compacts to a vote of the people in 2004 which was approved, way before we had a governor who hated Indians. It passed pretty easily. We also legalized medicinal mj by initiative petition and a vote of the people. Are initiative petitions not a thing in Texas? The Oklahoma legislature tried to kill them after Medicaid was expanded by initiative petition and vote, but I think they backed off, last I heard.