Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

If Texas is throwing for a TD on third down, and if we see that jersey sticking out toward a db hand, and if the call is not made, every person here screams at the tv “holding!— why didnt they call it?!? You could see his $(@& jersey being tugged!!!”

If Texas is playing defense and we see that we all say it's not holding.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Texas is throwing for a TD on third down, and if we see that jersey sticking out toward a db hand, and if the call is not made, every person here screams at the tv “holding!— why didnt they call it?!? You could see his $(@& jersey being tugged!!!”

But nah man it’s just cowboys fans being unrealistic or chiefs fans or tech fans

It's not about the points given up.

The down and distance was 3rd and 8 and would have been 4th down and a field goal attempt that would have left about 1:20 or so on the clock. It was ticky tacky call at best that directly affected the outcome of the game more so than it should. Until that call it had been well called game IMO. The receivers route wasn't impeded and the ball was no where close to catchable. Mahomes was literally throwing it away at that point.

He threw it away because his receiver wasn’t on the route because he was fucking held.

Maybe play some special teams. Eagles giving up a near TD on the previous punt was the back breaker. Or maybe getting a sack. Everyone thought the Eagles DL would eat the Chiefs lunch and pressure Mahomes. Not one fucking sack the whole game. Don’t fumble. I think they saw Mahomes hurt before the half and thought they had the game.

Fuck those Eggles. Fuck Philly and their shitty sandwich. Shitty broken ass city. Shitty fans.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

He threw it away because his receiver wasn’t on the route because he was fucking held.

Maybe play some special teams. Eagles giving up a near TD on the previous punt was the back breaker. Or maybe getting a sack. Everyone thought the Eagles DL would eat the Chiefs lunch and pressure Mahomes. Not one fucking sack the whole game. Don’t fumble. I think they saw Mahomes hurt before the half and thought they had the game.

Fuck those Eggles. Fuck Philly and their shitty sandwich. Shitty broken ass city. Shitty fans.

holy shit a mad cowboys fan.

I mean, it effectively ended the game so to say it didn’t turn on that is a little disingenuous. Would the Eagles have gone down and scored? Who knows? But the game was over when the flag was thrown.

It was a hold. It sucks to see the game end like that from an entertainment perspective and I do feel like they were letting a lot of stuff like that go over the course of the game, so to see it thrown all of a sudden is odd. But it was a hold, Philly didn’t get screwed.

Pretty sure the play clock went to 0 about 2 times and not called on the Eagles. Another time, they called a TO.

I thought the bobble catch wasn’t a catch. But it was close and open to interpretation. So no big deal there.

Officiating was fine.

I want refs in the NFL and honestly in all sports to be instructed to call the egregious and otherwise stay the fuck out of the game. If they only have to look for legitimate no question fouls then their performance will get a lot better. That will also greatly reduce the talk about leagues rigging games through the refs. It's a win for everybody.  

So we have a league that can’t simply define what a catch is. Now you want referees in a nanosecond try to remember the definition by rule of what “egregious” is. You’re just taking a pile of shit and making it an elephant pile of shit.

Here’s what needs to happen to fix it, as Belichik proposes every year to the rules committee. Make every call challengeable. If Siriani didn’t like the hold then throw a red flag.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he’s open a little earlier maybe mahomes can throw it while he still has a comfortable pocket and the pass is completed. The tug for sure impeded momentum for the chiefs player and gave it to the eagles player to recover.  Unless one believes the player tugged just  hard enough to pull jersey but not slow the player wearing it. But only true idiot would argue that. 

This is a significant but undervalued point in reference to allowing the Eagles player to recover. Bradberry knows he’s beat and will run past JuJu without the initial grab. That same grab is not insignificant when JuJu is changing directions like it would have been had he been full speed. Then he grabbed him again. So he grabbed him twice, slowed JuJus momentum but also helped Bradberry change direction. In totality that’s significant. Juju was probably two steps away from the pass. It wasn’t PI, but he was close enough to the ball to make the hold impactful.

That refs angle has clear view of the jersey pull. Then he puts his hand on the hip from the backside a second time. The ref did his job.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The call has nothing to do with being a Cowboys fan. If that call had gone against the cowboys I wouldn’t blame the refs but Jerry having stupid ass players that thought they could get by.

You'd cry your fucking heart out just as you have every year about Dez's drop. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

cope harder cowboys fans

Not sure if you've noticed, but Cowboys fans enjoyed the hell out of this game and its outcome.  The same way all fans do when they see teams they hate lose.

I'm lost as to what you think they need to "cope" with in this instance.

Just now, TreatyOak said:

Best thing about the Super Bowl was that as usual, you Cowboy fans could only look on in incomprehensible futility. 

Maybe next year the same bad coach, bad players and bad GM will put it all together and you'll win! 

Who's your favorite team?

11 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Who's your favorite team?

My fave team is any team w players with our high school (Austin Westlake) on it. 

I generally loathe pro football, especially the fans. I do particularly enjoy Dallas Cowboy and Aggy futility, as well as Jerry Jones saying stupid things.* My fave thing in sports is a Jimbo Fisher press conference after a loss.  

*Last week Jerry Jones threw shade on the Rams and Eagles for mortgaging their future. Keep it up, Jerry! Your team is so close!  

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

My fave team is any team w players with our high school (Austin Westlake) on it. 

I generally loathe pro football, especially the fans. I do particularly enjoy Dallas Cowboy and Aggy futility, as well as Jerry Jones saying stupid things.* My fave thing in sports is a Jimbo Fisher press conference after a loss.  

*Last week Jerry Jones threw shade on the Rams and Eagles for mortgaging their future. Keep it up, Jerry! Your team is so close!  

So you have the same opinion on the cowboys as most fans of the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The field condition should be a much bigger story than the holding call.  It impacted the game on basically every play.

Both teams played on the same field and honestly wouldn't better footing help the fast flashy passing team not the running team? 

Both teams played on the same field and honestly wouldn't better footing help the fast flashy passing team not the running team? 

I think better footing helps the 280 lb guy get better traction when he is trying to get around the 320 lb guy to get to the flashy passer who knows where he is going to the receiver who also knows where he is going.
  • Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It's always true that both teams play on the same field, but it doesn't mean the fucked up field impacted the game exactly the same for both teams.  (Keep in mind, I'm glad KC won).

It's inexcusable for the Super Bowl to have a shitty field.  It's just beyond inexcusable. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It's always true that both teams play on the same field, but it doesn't mean the fucked up field impacted the game exactly the same for both teams.  (Keep in mind, I'm glad KC won).

It's inexcusable for the Super Bowl to have a shitty field.  It's just beyond inexcusable. 

The idea that grass designed for a golf course, that is grown on a tray and wheeled in (so no real established root structure), and then painted on top of that, would be good to play football on is beyond absurd.  I'm no turf expert, put I did play football and I do play golf, and I know a thing or two about grass root structures that most everyone else knows as well, except of course for the NFL grounds experts.

Anyone who has had to repair their divots on a tee box or fairway, or repaired their ball marks on a green, knows that that kind of grass simply cannot hold up to a football game with the weight of the players planting their foot for a cut.  

The Okie Light tweets yesterday confirmed it was grass designed for golf courses. Looks great, but not real functional for a foosball game, Bobby.

Edited by Uncle Nate

14 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yes, the NFL should be embarrassed of that shit. On the biggest stage, their surface was fucking terrible. I wonder if this was a reason neither DL really had a big impact to getting to the QB? I know both OLs are very good but it seemed like I saw DL getting a clear path to the QB but slipped a little. 

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Best thing about the Super Bowl was that as usual, you Cowboy fans could only look on in incomprehensible futility. 

Maybe next year the same bad coach, bad players and bad GM will put it all together and you'll win! 

You’re a Texas fan, and you can’t understand what it feels like to go years without a championship?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 1