Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs vs. Eagles

4th&Five

I don't get the bitching about KC not scoring the TD, or the Eagles trying to let them score. Incentives swing around wildly at the end of close games in pretty much every sport, which sometimes includes stuff that goes against "normal" strategy. How is what happened different from basketball teams intentionally fouling or hockey teams pulling their goalie?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m assuming all the bars in Philly have patrons filing out in a peaceful and orderly fashion and folks are walking quietly home.

I hope they are all crying like their coach. I hope there is a flash flood warning in Philly from all of the tears. I hope all of their fans die tonight.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

I don't get the bitching about KC not scoring the TD, or the Eagles trying to let them score. Incentives swing around wildly at the end of close games in pretty much every sport, which sometimes includes stuff that goes against "normal" strategy. How is what happened different from basketball teams intentionally fouling or hockey teams pulling their goalie?

The worst part will be tomorrow when everyone is bitching about the anti-climatic ending and wailing for rule changes.  If you watch the NFL regularly, every week there is a game that ends like this with smart kneel downs, intelligent clock running and a boring ass short field goal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

There’s nothing more pathetic than Cowboys fans celebrating a bad call to end an otherwise great Super Bowl because the bad call hurts a rival team. Basically a franchise that has a shitty owner that prevents ever even reaching a Super Bowl, so they are stuck celebrating bad outcomes for everyone else. Congrats?

• Fuck You 1