Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

10 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

And ironically closed this out with a great pitching performance. Of course, backed by great defense. Credit to the staff for the rotation.

Of course. Chapman and Sborz are always automatic. Glad LePew didn't have to come in. LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

Spent my early and elementary school years down the road in Mansfield in the 80s.  Spent most of the 90s on the other end of 360. Felt like it would never happen.  2011 was devastating. Crushing.  Flipped the page to year 45 on this earth last month wondering if they’d even make the playoffs.  What an unlikely, incredible run. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wish my dad had lived to see this.  I never thought it would happen.  

I didn't think I'd get this emotional about it, but, damned if I'm not choked up. 

Let it all out man. That's what sports are about. Hope your old man is smiling down on you enjoying this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The first sporting event I ever went to was a Rangers A’s game in the mid 80s. I spent my formative years going to crappy Arlington Stadium. My junior and senior year of high school, my friends and I went out to tons of games in the outfield. Lost faith in 94 when the strike came.
Got back into it in the 00s. Had massive trauma in 2011. So sweet. It was all worth it. This game can so cruel and so beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 8

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I found the oldest ticket stub in my collection. June 24, 1982. That was an awful team. We saw so much terrible baseball and had our hearts ripped out in 2011. Never thought I’d see this in my life. But we did. 

IMG_0441.jpeg

This one is for Kenny!

kennyprint.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• immamac unlocked this topic