2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

kennesaw state's coach killed them. they started gassing out with around 9 minutes left and a 13 point lead, and he never called TO, never made any subs, never had his team slow the pace, he just sat there and watched xavier come back on his tired, withering team. he didn't slow down the pace until about the two minute mark, and then finally, that last play call out of that TO was garbage. the worst play call you could have made. he decided to spread the floor and have his midget guard drive the rim to take on that giant monster 7 footer that xavier has. just unthinkable. and to top it off he spends the entire time arguing with/blaming the refs. that guy let his team down big time today. one of the worst tourney coaching performances i've ever seen. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

kennesaw state's coach killed them. they started gassing out with around 9 minutes left and a 13 point lead, and he never called TO, never made any subs, never had his team slow the pace, he just sat there and watched xavier come back on his tired, withering team. he didn't slow down the pace until about the two minute mark, and then finally, that last play call out of that TO was garbage. the worst play call you could have made. he decided to spread the floor and have his midget guard drive the rim to take on that giant monster 7 footer that xavier has. just unthinkable. and to top it off he spends the entire time arguing with/blaming the refs. that guy let his team down big time today. one of the worst tourney coaching performances i've ever seen. 

yeah was stupid not to use a TO you have to try to change the momentum.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Was thinking this the entire time after watching his halftime interview.  All I saw was a coach focusing on nothing but motivation /effort rather than x's o's. 

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

And you know a lot about bad tourney coaching performances...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You're 100% right here and I agree.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m convinced Shaka was tanking Texas. He just flipped the switch to a well coached offense with good movement when he left, like he had before he arrived. 

trying to run NBA type sets and thus was getting outcoached massively in the Big 12.  Lesson learned.  No NBA in his future and he can just run Havoc again.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

trying to run NBA type sets and thus was getting outcoached massively in the Big 12.  Lesson learned.  No NBA in his future and he can just run Havoc again.

We brought him here to run his fun system and instead he was auditioning for the NBA? Goddamnit. Fuck that guy.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

1992 5-A High School Basketball Championship game.  My alma mater, Victoria High, had a huge lead on Longview.  Huge.  So what does Coach Smith decide to do?  Decides to milk the extremely long clock playing 4-square (no shot clock then).  I watched as Longview stole pass after pass to whittle away at the lead and eventually take over the game and win it.

If VHS had just kept playing the way they had been, they would have had the title and hoisted the trophy.  But the coach turtled up like Mr. Coach Klein vs. Red Beaulieu.  Ironically, I think a shot clock would have given VHS a state title.

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I remember listening to that game and hearing Bobby Taylor's name mentioned over and over again. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic