Youth Minister's (and other pervs) Thread of Shame

tx 3 putt

• 2 weeks later...

re: that dude in the twitter screenshot above.  i wonder about the psychology of these guys.*  they are very vocally against the 'bad people' of the world.  is there some extreme self loathing about their own conduct where they need to try to identify people worse than them and loudly speak out against them to sort of distract their brain from thinking about what they themselves do?  it'd be interesting to understand what's going on here.  i mean, all of us are against bad people, but we don't feel the need to yell how terrible they are all the time.  why are these people driven to be so vocal?

* i have a 0.0 GPA in my 0.0 credit hours for anything related to psychology.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've always thought a certain percent of very religious people are religious because of their dark desires. Perhaps they are legitimately trying to suppress those desires and maybe some do. However the news is full of the ones who don't. These are the type that claim organized religion is the only thing keeping people from raping and killing others.  Every accusation is a confession.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

Holy shit.  That's from just one year.  In one state.  Just of the ones they caught?  Yeah, we're not a fucked up state or anything. 

So the "ministry leader" in every public school strategy?  They still going through with that?  Because it occurs to me the idea is your kid can't hold a CRT or LGBTQ+ book in their hands if an old man's dick is in the palm instead.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Looks like she might be or have been pregnant at some point. Who's the daddy?

That or it's a bizarre halloween costume she was trying on...

On 10/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've always thought a certain percent of very religious people are religious because of their dark desires. Perhaps they are legitimately trying to suppress those desires and maybe some do. However the news is full of the ones who don't. These are the type that claim organized religion is the only thing keeping people from raping and killing others.  Every accusation is a confession.

Absolutely this. This is a HUGE part of why the Catholic Church had so many incidents over so many years. Many, many men went into the Catholic priesthood because they were gay and not "allowed" under societal norms to lead a gay lifestyle. So, make momma proud and join the priesthood. Sexual desires are almost aways going to win out so they molest boys in the church.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, C-Man said:

Absolutely this. This is a HUGE part of why the Catholic Church had so many incidents over so many years. Many, many men went into the Catholic priesthood because they were gay and not "allowed" under societal norms to lead a gay lifestyle. So, make momma proud and join the priesthood. Sexual desires are almost aways going to win out so they molest boys in the church.

I don't think being gay has anything to do with molesting children, be they of the same sex or not.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I don't think being gay has anything to do with molesting children, be they of the same sex or not.

16 hours ago, Newdoc said:

Agree, bad take C-Man. Churches are easy pickings for pedos. 

100% agree being gay has nothing to do with molesting children in a general sense. However, at the risk of digging a deeper hole for myself, I think a lot of the dynamics that went into the Catholic priest scandal(s) was a direct result of an extremely closeted gay man entering the all-male priesthood and young boys in the church, be they altar boys or just church youth, were abundant, easy prey for these monsters. Of course not every gay man who became a priest did these things -- I just think it was likely a component of what happened. (And, sadly, the Catholic church does not have a monopoly on sexual abuse of children. There are people who are simply so warped in the head they do this abominable shit to kids.)

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

100% agree being gay has nothing to do with molesting children in a general sense. However, at the risk of digging a deeper hole for myself, I think a lot of the dynamics that went into the Catholic priest scandal(s) was a direct result of an extremely closeted gay man entering the all-male priesthood and young boys in the church, be they altar boys or just church youth, were abundant, easy prey for these monsters. Of course not every gay man who became a priest did these things -- I just think it was likely a component of what happened. (And, sadly, the Catholic church does not have a monopoly on sexual abuse of children. There are people who are simply so warped in the head they do this abominable shit to kids.)

NOPE

Girls in large numbers were also abused by catholic priests.  The boys get all the press because a priest raping a boy is more sensational than raping a girl, but that's a whole nother thread 

• Hook 'Em 4

Yeah, that's also lost in the shufffle.  I told my wife and her parents that, not because a Lutheran-Jew, but a concerned father.  Our children could be baptized Catholic, attend Catholic pre-school for 3 years each, receive first communion, attend faith formation/CCD, and be confirmed Catholic.  But under no circumstances, will they ever be allowed as long as I have breath in my lungs to be altar girls (our parish/diocese is probably 70/30 girls/boys in that regard).  They can attend youth retreats in groups, but never, ever, ever any 1:1 time with priests/deacons/staff or even very small groups.  Never.  Their knee-jerk response was "oh, that's so over-hyped by the media.  It rarely happens, and when it does it was only with boys, not girls."  Yeah, cause pedophilia is so genre-specific.  They still are bummed out by my ultimatum.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If any of y'all get bored tomorrow or like me---enjoy threatening people while taking a morning dump, call the Hood County (no CR) organization at 682-389-7284.  Ask them for a comment on the Brad Benson endorsement.  He'll tell you that they already released their statement.  When you ask him what news outlet they did their press release through, he responds, "Facebook" which is how the FBI caught Brad Benson originally...with no sense of irony.  He'll then tell you, after you are done trying not to laugh, that he "can hear your bias through the phone."  At which time, you can tell him that Bob Benson has named them as co-conspirators in the exchange of illicit materials.  

I'm about 80% sure I can get this guy at Hood County party HQ to commit a criminal act in the next 72 hours.  I think suicide is a long shot, but I am willing to roll the dice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just stumbling across this thread, but here is one from here in Midland last week:

https://www.mrt.com/news/crime/article/former-midland-youth-pastor-charged-child-18460557.php

Through further review of the dialogue chat box captured, it was observed that an adult male later identified as Corey White requested CSAM (Child Sexual Abuse Material) involving a mother and son. The individual in New York began streaming a video depicting sexual acts between an adult female and a prepubescent male. When the video began, White turned on a web camera and was fully visible on the screen. 

Apparently the dude got on Skype and asked for a "mother/son" live feed.  And when it came on, he turned on his camera and could be seen beating his meat to the feed. 

• Rage+1 1

On 10/20/2023 at 10:24 AM, YGIFS said:

Yeah, that's also lost in the shufffle.  I told my wife and her parents that, not because a Lutheran-Jew, but a concerned father.  Our children could be baptized Catholic, attend Catholic pre-school for 3 years each, receive first communion, attend faith formation/CCD, and be confirmed Catholic.  But under no circumstances, will they ever be allowed as long as I have breath in my lungs to be altar girls (our parish/diocese is probably 70/30 girls/boys in that regard).  They can attend youth retreats in groups, but never, ever, ever any 1:1 time with priests/deacons/staff or even very small groups.  Never.  Their knee-jerk response was "oh, that's so over-hyped by the media.  It rarely happens, and when it does it was only with boys, not girls."  Yeah, cause pedophilia is so genre-specific.  They still are bummed out by my ultimatum.  

Good for you.  Blind faith is at the root of this problem, particularly blind faith in church leadership.   The Catholics and the Baptists don't have a complete monopoly on child abuse, but they seem to be the worst offenders in terms of volume and I think it's directly related to the culture of these institutions that promotes not asking questions, blindly following leadership, and the general grooming of their members that no matter what is going on or how much their conscience may be screaming otherwise, whatever happens, it's the Lord's work (and his ways are mysterious, you know, so don't question it).

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

I think it's directly related to the culture of these institutions that promotes not asking questions, blindly following leadership, and the general grooming of their members that no matter what is going on or how much their conscience may be screaming otherwise, whatever happens, it's the Lord's work (and his ways are mysterious, you know, so don't question it).

You just described Texas A&M.  And cults.  But I repeat myself.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Good for you.  Blind faith is at the root of this problem, particularly blind faith in church leadership.   The Catholics and the Baptists don't have a complete monopoly on child abuse, but they seem to be the worst offenders in terms of volume and I think it's directly related to the culture of these institutions that promotes not asking questions, blindly following leadership, and the general grooming of their members that no matter what is going on or how much their conscience may be screaming otherwise, whatever happens, it's the Lord's work (and his ways are mysterious, you know, so don't question it).

I know this is the shit on churches thread and they deserve it for the hypocrisy and horrendous self-policing. And I’d add the extra layer of claiming authority over not just the kids but the parents too. 

I don’t know of any real studies, but man, is you’re a parent and the first concern is keeping your kids safe, then you have so many place to worry about beyond the Baptists or Catholics.  We’ve seen this shot in swimming, in wrestling, in gymnastics. In towns all over America it’s the band or drama or after school club.  The fact is that any environment that rewards charismatic adults having influence over young people is a magnet for predators. In my hometown it was the band.

I posted earlier up that I have an inherent suspicion of youth ministers because most normal people don’t want to be that involved in the lives of teenagers and they especially aren’t interested in returning back to high school right after college.  But you have to keep that sense up for any adult in your kid’s life that is playing a bigger role than their own defined role should allow.

The only thing a coach should care about is getting a lap time down. You start sending he’s caring about something else, start asking questions.  A band director should care about playing in tune. The drama coach should care about learning lines. The pastor shouldn’t be counseling your kid without you there and you shouldn’t catch your kid wondering what he thinks. People who are breaking visible boundaries are almost certainly testing limits in ways you don’t see. 

I like to think we are getting better at this.  In high school, I was friends with a pretty young thing I asked to homecoming. She went with me, but made clear that she could only be friends.  Why? Because of this counselor she met at church (Episcopal) camp. And not to worry, they would NEVER do anything, he’s 24 and she’s 16. But they just had this strong connection, you know, and they’d decided they’d just wait to see if being together was God’s plan.  And that’s what happened, no dating or anything all through high school because she was waiting to see if this dude was “God’s plan.” Spoiler alter: He was. 

Those two got married as soon as she finished college and as far as I know they are still together with their three kids. Still, this is a really creepy origin story and can’t be viewed as anything other than grooming. Who knows what she’d have found if she had a normal high school and college instead of a grown-ass man claiming her when she was a sophomore in high school? And I hope that today, her friends would have waved that flag and someone responsible would have intervened to make sure he understood she wasn’t for him and he couldn’t go to church camp anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I know this is the shit on churches thread and they deserve it for the hypocrisy and horrendous self-policing. And I’d add the extra layer of claiming authority over not just the kids but the parents too. 

I don’t know of any real studies, but man, is you’re a parent and the first concern is keeping your kids safe, then you have so many place to worry about beyond the Baptists or Catholics.  We’ve seen this shot in swimming, in wrestling, in gymnastics. In towns all over America it’s the band or drama or after school club.  The fact is that any environment that rewards charismatic adults having influence over young people is a magnet for predators. In my hometown it was the band.

I posted earlier up that I have an inherent suspicion of youth ministers because most normal people don’t want to be that involved in the lives of teenagers and they especially aren’t interested in returning back to high school right after college.  But you have to keep that sense up for any adult in your kid’s life that is playing a bigger role than their own defined role should allow.

The only thing a coach should care about is getting a lap time down. You start sending he’s caring about something else, start asking questions.  A band director should care about playing in tune. The drama coach should care about learning lines. The pastor shouldn’t be counseling your kid without you there and you shouldn’t catch your kid wondering what he thinks. People who are breaking visible boundaries are almost certainly testing limits in ways you don’t see. 

I like to think we are getting better at this.  In high school, I was friends with a pretty young thing I asked to homecoming. She went with me, but made clear that she could only be friends.  Why? Because of this counselor she met at church (Episcopal) camp. And not to worry, they would NEVER do anything, he’s 24 and she’s 16. But they just had this strong connection, you know, and they’d decided they’d just wait to see if being together was God’s plan.  And that’s what happened, no dating or anything all through high school because she was waiting to see if this dude was “God’s plan.” Spoiler alter: He was. 

Those two got married as soon as she finished college and as far as I know they are still together with their three kids. Still, this is a really creepy origin story and can’t be viewed as anything other than grooming. Who knows what she’d have found if she had a normal high school and college instead of a grown-ass man claiming her when she was a sophomore in high school? And I hope that today, her friends would have waved that flag and someone responsible would have intervened to make sure he understood she wasn’t for him and he couldn’t go to church camp anymore. 

The long story short: if you actually have a major fear of your kids being molested, then the #1 and #2 things you should do are 1) forbid them from any and all church activities, especially including "church youth" activities, and 2) forbid them from participating in organized sports, band, or similar activities.

Oh, and keep them away from creepy uncle Mark.  Everyone who knows creepy uncle Mark knows why.

Down your list near item eleventy billion should be "worry about gay people and drag shows."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The long story short: if you actually have a major fear of your kids being molested, then the #1 and #2 things you should do are 1) forbid them from any and all church activities, especially including "church youth" activities, and 2) forbid them from participating in organized sports, band, or similar activities.

Oh, and keep them away from creepy uncle Mark.  Everyone who knows creepy uncle Mark knows why.

Down your list near item eleventy billion should be "worry about gay people and drag shows."

Assholes really find a way to prey on kids who care about things that their parents often want them to care about. They abuse that enthusiasm. 

And yeah, the gays and drag queens are not your concern.  

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Well put.  We had a couple of band directors and countless coaches in addition to the youth ministers, priests, and preachers dipping their pens in the teenage ink.  The ag department guys were also particularly bad according to the scuttlebut.  In those days very few suffered any consequences beyond maybe moving on to a new job if the parents found out and raised a stink.   There was a band director who taught at my old high school long after my time there who made the FBI most wanted list, however.  I believe he still on the run today after twenty years or so.

1 minute ago, Samson's Wig said:

There was a band director who taught at my old high school long after my time there who made the FBI most wanted list, however.  I believe he still on the run today after twenty years or so.

"Band Director On The Run" was a really shitty b-side for Wings.

• Haha 2

My son's high school band director divorced his wife, then a couple of years later married one of the girls in the band immediately after she graduated.  It was common knowledge that they were an item from her sophomore year on, and that was the reason for the divorce.  Her mother, who was a school administrator, encouraged their relationship.  There are some sick parents, too.

speaking of the mormons

PROVO, Utah (ABC4) — Provo police say officers arrested a former therapist reportedly accused of sexually abusing his gay Latter-day Saints patients following a standoff Wednesday in Utah County.

The Provo Police Department said the detectives had arranged to meet Scott Owen at the Spanish Fork Police Department, where he had allegedly agreed to surrender to authorities. But when he didn’t show up, a search began.

Detectives found Owen in his car near Thistle, about 25 miles southeast of Provo, where a standoff ensued, leading to a closure of part of Highway 89.

https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/former-therapist-accused-of-sexual-abuse-arrested-after-standoff-in-utah-county/